Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your Favorite Fishing Spots?  (Read 15443 times)

mikeH

Re: Your Favorite Fishing Spots?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »

ballzy I'm new to fishing the lower mainland and wouldn't even ask this of members, its a waste of a topic.Get out and explore that's how I'm learning, it will pay off.

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 07:10:26 AM »

Good stuff guys.  Don't blame me for being novice and trying to catch up with the sport.  I'm just asking what's in many people's mind, but maybe they feel the same as what some of you trying to imply and they keep it quiet.  If I had friends who were fishermen and knew good fishing spots, I would not have been asking this of you gentlemen/ladies.  I haven't had the luxury of fishing all my life and just got started with it recently and I'm too trying to come up with favorite spots to fish.  And believe me, I will share my spot(s) when I have them :) because they're not mine; they belong to everyone and the mother nature.
I've fished various spots, but don't really have a favorite one yet. Some of them are: Fraser near Hope, Mouth of Capilano, furry Creek, No3road Richmond.
Anyways, I appreciate all the feedback.
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

jimmywits

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 08:01:51 AM »

I want to get this thread building with your answers to the 3 questions below.
So answer the following questions in your replies, please; and include pictures if you wish.
1. Favorite spot for fishing?
2. Which fish do you catch from this spot?
3. What time of the year do you go there?

1)Still water fly fishing  Squamish/Garibaldi/Pemberton region
2)Trout or char
3)Spring and Fall
You figure out the rest.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »

SpringMaster, you'll pick it up quicker than you think.  I came down to the LML a few years back and after having fished my whole life on the island and interior I had a bit of "fishing culture" shock.  Going to well known areas and digging a little deeper than 90% of the people will pay off.  Just takes some "sticktuitiveness", hang tight and if you put the time in, you'll find some great fishing spots.

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »

Thanks marmot.

Oh just so eveyone knows, the name springmaster came from a friend who saw my spring (on the photo) and said that you're a spring master now :)  so I just kept that name for this web site.  I'm by no means a master of spring salmon :D  That fish was caught on Fraser near Agassiz bridge.
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »

Search for them on your own......finding them is half the fun. Do some research on these forums. Even look to past years in the search option there is more info than you will know what to do with.
always a student

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »

anywhere with fish
salmon/steelhead/trout and anything else that bites
I fish all year long and never stop  ;D

another good way to get to know our waters i to try making friends with people from this site or sites like it which will help out the learning curve of fishing for you. once you find a couple spots that arent busy spots, you tell a few people and so do they.....then you go back expecting to be alone or almost alone and find yourself without a spot to fish you will start being hush hush on some things as well.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »

Fraser river
Sturgeon
Year round

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »

hell, when i cant go out fishing i have a super ultra light setup to catch the fish in my girls fish tank HA HA HA HA !!!! i would say that would be best cause you can watch TV sit on the couch and FISH !!
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

I haven't had the luxury of fishing all my life and just got started with it recently and I'm too trying to come up with favorite spots to fish.  And believe me, I will share my spot(s) when I have them :) because they're not mine; they belong to everyone and the mother nature.

Most people on the site will report their catches, gear used etc. but they will not give their exact location because all this does is crowd out a particular spot.  Knowing the fish are in a system and the method used to catch them is enough info IMO.  Please take into consideration what others are saying before announcing spots on the WWW.

SMo007

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 11:17:41 AM »

I fully understand where SpringMaster is coming from. Doesn't hurt to ask, but in general I wouldn't expect too many specifics. I'm also new to fishing, and there is alot to take in. I have had the good fortune of talking to a couple of great board members who have been very helpful in getting me started. But like SpringMaster said, not everybody has that luxury, and based on some of the stories I have heard, and read on here, it seems like there can be alot more competition then camaraderie out on the water. I also understand why people are reluctant and it's a real shame, but with some of the craziness that goes on it is no wonder people don't want to risk spoiling a good thing. There is a bit of a catch-22, but I guess it's just the day and age we live in.

Gaffer

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »

Good stuff guys.  Don't blame me for being novice and trying to catch up with the sport.  I'm just asking what's in many people's mind, but maybe they feel the same as what some of you trying to imply and they keep it quiet.  If I had friends who were fishermen and knew good fishing spots, I would not have been asking this of you gentlemen/ladies.  I haven't had the luxury of fishing all my life and just got started with it recently and I'm too trying to come up with favorite spots to fish.  And believe me, I will share my spot(s) when I have them :) because they're not mine; they belong to everyone and the mother nature.
I've fished various spots, but don't really have a favorite one yet. Some of them are: Fraser near Hope, Mouth of Capilano, furry Creek, No3road Richmond.
Anyways, I appreciate all the feedback.
Burn some gas , drive some gravel roads, learn the country , meet new friends-- get away from your computer just like the rest of us "Old Timers"--- Tight lines/sharp hooks

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »

1. Any lake, river, stream, creek or ocean
2. Trout, salmon, sturgeon
3. All year long 

:P
Take a few days to go around the area and find some spots that you might want to fish in the future. Get off the computer and get out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:49:26 PM by BCfisherman97 »

rides bike to work

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »

why cant people just answer the question and keep their personal opinion of the topic you dont have to put down your favorite top secret spot just put down an area youve enjoyed fishing what youve caught and the time of year I think this may open up fishing opportunities to people who are new to the area.dont bung up the thread with your snobby opinions.

1.hope slough
2.carp
3.febuary

speycaster

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

Moving water, spey rods, jet boat, you can figure out the rest.