Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your Favorite Fishing Spots?  (Read 15443 times)

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
Your Favorite Fishing Spots?
« on: August 30, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »

I want to get this thread building with your answers to the 3 questions below.
So answer the following questions in your replies, please; and include pictures if you wish.
1. Favorite spot for fishing? (one of them; general river body; no need to be specific)
2. Which fish do you catch from this spot?
3.What method do you use?
4. What time of the year do you go there?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:18:28 AM by SpringMaster »
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

NFM

Re: Your Favorite Fishing Spots?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »

Wrong question to be asking imo ! Most people on here are willing to talk about fishing in more ways then one. But asking people favorite fishing location, what time of year and the species is a little much . Do some research, and go out and find your own special spot and do yourself a favor and keep it a secret between you and your close fishing friends.

rides bike to work

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »

1.cultus lake because I live there
2.14 pound dollies
3.early spring

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 09:40:31 PM »

:) my guess is you are new to fishing or new to the area, or both.  You will find many guys tight lipped about locations, not so much about techniques etc.  Places get very crowded down in the lml very quickly when word gets out, and very few anglers enjoy fishing shoulder to shoulder, especially since pressure increases usually mean fewer fish.  People post freely about well known locations, but as an example, furry creek two years ago on the beach during prime time you might see fifteen to twenty other anglers.... Not 80 to 100.... So, unless people want to see that trend work it's way into their own favorite spot they tend to keep quiet.  We have a lot of pressure not just from locals but also u.s. Citizens that come up here because their own rivers and beaches are so crowded.  It's great to share information but be aware that every post a person makes is potentially read by hundreds or thousands of others who are interested in getting to those fish before they're stung... This isn't paranoia it's the reality of living and fishing in the lower mainland... And besides, it's far more rewarding to find your own little slice of heaven :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:08:36 PM by marmot »

NFM

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »

1) Lower Fraser

2) Pink Salmon

3) Sept 5 th lol  ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »

1) Keith Wilson Bridge
2) Anything and everything
3) Everyday and all day!!

Come on are you serious? People are not going to give up their favorite spots so that anyone and their brother can show up. LOL Nice try though ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »

IMO these forum web sites are great for sharing information among people with similar interests.
If all of us have a good list of places to fish from, the over fishing from only the most knows spots can be reduced - i.e. fishermen will be more spread out - and the pressure on certain spots will be minimized.  Just my opinion though.
However, if you don't like to answer these questions it's your choice - just simply move on :) but I bet you'll come back to this thread to read about others' answers  ;D
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »

1.rivers are my favorite
2.coho and steelhead
3. late summer through to spring

whats yours springmaster?

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »

maybe a couple of years ago you might have been able to get someone to "spill the beans" on their favourite fishing spot but I think members on this website are starting to realize that telling others where their favourite spots are is the absolute last thing you want to post on a popular website like FWR...some of us have put a lot of time exploring in order to find our "favourite fishing spots" and I suggest you do the same!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »

i) Canuck bar

ii) Finn

iii) Early September right through June

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »

1. rivers/lakes/ocean
2. all trout, salmon, and steelhead
3. all year

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

1. In the water
2. Ones with fins and tails
3. All year
Too many spots have been ruined by being posted about on the net, eg Furry Creek, Norrish Creek and I'm sure BB2000 could also name a couple. Ask about gear tips and methods and you'll get answers, favourite spots and most people clam up.

Your right I could but I wont ;) No need to rehash the past LOL

Can you remember about 4 years or so ago that you could go to Norrish and see maybe one or two people. Now you go and their are like 20 or 30 cars parked there at firstlight. I firmly believe in sharing by posting pics, reports and such but giving exact locations are not needed. If your fishing a very popular spot than fine but if not its up to you to share and if you dont want to than dont. Many of the spots I hold close to me were shown to me by others. They were told to me in secrecy so why would I disclose that information and lose the trust that I have built up with others. Of course than their are spots in which I found on my own by exploring which I hold very close to me as its something I can call my own. I do share some of these spots but with my closest friends.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »

Cates park two years ago!!!!!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »

:-X

drock31

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 11:19:19 PM »

I think you have a much better chance asking questions about a specific system rather than trying to get people to give up there favorite spots so you can go there and crowd them out. Just my opinion