Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-tidal Fraser River, August 20th 2010: Peg Leg  (Read 1148 times)

Aki

Non-tidal Fraser River, August 20th 2010: Peg Leg
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »

Decided to drop by for a bit in the early afternoon, without the boat. Looks like the channel to most of the bar has been dug out so it is difficult to get across. As a result, lots of people fishing on the near side. Heard it was very good fishing on Thursday, but while I was there the fishing was quite slow. A few springs hooked amongst the sockeye. Started to get crowded after 3pm so I left, with one on the beach. Most people had a good attitude, even if the lines were getting tangled every once in a while.

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: Non-tidal Fraser River, August 20th 2010: Peg Leg
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »

So were you fishing on Peg leg itself or the shoreline that runs parallel to it? I have heard conflicting reports of people being able to wade across the channel. If it is too deep still, better to  be safe than sorry.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:17:32 PM »

a co-worker of mine has been up there the past two days, he says the channel is not crossable by foot and should not be attempted unless you feel like drowning.
People are fishing along the bank west of pegleg or something along those lines

Aki

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

I did not wade across so I probably wasn't technically fishing on peg leg. Not sure exactly where the boundaries are.

Toprod

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »

Was up yesterday, the wade is safe. People are driving 4 x 4 trucks in now, there were about a dozen of them that crossed yesterday.