Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Norrish/Inch/Suicide Creek, November 1st 2008  (Read 3293 times)

Aki

Norrish/Inch/Suicide Creek, November 1st 2008
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:28:49 PM »

Went by the bridge for a couple of hours. The water is very low, even with the rain from yesterday. Saw some chums and some coho, but nothing bright. Hooked into two coloured coho, one hatchery and one wild. Both were gently released. Quite a few guys chasing very few fish. Weather was warm and cloudy. All in all a nice outing for a couple of hours.

Aki

Re: Norrish/Inch/Suicide Creek, November 1st 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »

Went again this afternoon. Blown out and muddy. No fish to be seen and not many guys fishing in the pouring rain.

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »

I was there today fishing from around 7am-10:30. I released a nice chromer that wasn't quite hooked in the mouth around 7:30, had a couple guys ask me why I released it ;) I had to stop fishing because my rain jacket was filling with water and I couldn't feel my finger tips anylonger!  It was raining HARD! I was the dark guy, tan Jacket, brown vest if you were there when I was

I was there Saturday as well and there was two Asian fellows fishing under the bridge who snagged a nice coho, walked it down river and retained it... They had tried it a few times and got hollard at to release the fish. From what I could see they were bottom bouncing hooks and no wool.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »

I was there Saturday as well and there was two Asian fellows fishing under the bridge who snagged a nice coho, walked it down river and retained it... They had tried it a few times and got hollard at to release the fish. From what I could see they were bottom bouncing hooks and no wool.

Did you call in to make a violation report???

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 10:51:46 PM »

That is good that people are speaking up for what is right...

Be sure to not let snaggers get away with this type of behaviour. It is 100% illegal.

There is cell coverage there, don't hesitate to call RAPP - I did it more than once last year on this system.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »

There are now more officers in the field and the one i talked to the other night said they encourage those calls as chances are there will now be someone in the area that can respond and even witness the offense taking place.
Now that i think of it i need to enter the number into my cell also.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 02:34:23 AM »

I was there today fishing from around 7am-10:30. I released a nice chromer that wasn't quite hooked in the mouth around 7:30, had a couple guys ask me why I released it ;) I had to stop fishing because my rain jacket was filling with water and I couldn't feel my finger tips anylonger!  It was raining HARD! I was the dark guy, tan Jacket, brown vest if you were there when I was

I am currently in Hawaii enjoying paradise weather and scenery. Walking along a nice beach every morning to chat with locals who are fishing Ulua or bonefish. They are so friendly and they don't seem to mind if I look Asian or what, they just love to hear my salmon fishing story in Canada while I enjoy their local fishing tales too.  ;D Perhaps in reporting violations in a fishing forum, we should avoid mentioning race or look. I have seen so many violations of Caucasians nowadays that the mentioning of Asians as violators only serve to stereotype one group while the reality is that this is happening to fishers of every ethnic background.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 10:41:16 AM »

true

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »

Actually two weeks ago my buddy and his cousin were fishing this system. They witnessed a guy foul hook and proceed to bonk a coho. Someone made the call and before long a C/O was down there, he seized the fish and issued a ticket. Pretty impressive considering it was a good 15-20 minute hike down river.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »

fished there yesterday. about 9 or 10 guys on the other side of the river long lining and snagging the coho :-X. left within an hour, couldnt watch it anymore :P

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »

Hey sorry there SteelHawk, I'm not trying to single out any culture, I was simply telling what I saw. I am not a racist and have many asian friends. No, I did not report what I witnessed. I should program the RAP number in my cell phone though. The same day there was also a group of guys that were rip-snagging along the rocks, you know, like bass fishing.
Enjoy your holliday there SteelHawk

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »

I was there on Wednesday last week and did quite well. There  were a total of 5 people there during the time I was, and most were quite good when it came to ethics.

There were 2 Asian gentlemen there that could barley speak the language and were not fishing ethically at all, but after going over to them and slowly explaining to them that what they were doing was illegal , they changed their ways.

The first few fish they caught were foul hooked, the next few were dragged onto shore etc... but like I said, once spoken to nicely they started to do things right. It was actually kind of funny, once I spoke to them, they would come over after EVERY fish and say, "This OK"? Nice guys that just needed to be taught the correct way of handling the fish and what was legal.

Here are a few pics from the day.

The first pic was a 15.5 lb coho, one of the biggest I have seen there in YEARS.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »

I Have a portable bag scale that I take with me. Keeps the fish nice and safe for release.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

speycaster

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »

Damn that fish in the second is better looking than you Rick. ;D ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »

Where those fish that are laying in the shallows released?

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day