Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing loon lake - cache creek bc  (Read 8912 times)

aaron.az

Fishing loon lake - cache creek bc
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »

Heading up to the cabin for week. Have had luck with doc spratleys , 52 buicks and anythinf you can throw with an olive green or yellow hue for flies. Flatfish/kwikfish lures to troll and powerbait from the shore for success. Anyone havr any of their own tips and experiences from this gorgeous lake 4.5hours from vancouver

Riverman

• old fart
Re: Fishing loon lake - cache creek bc
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:11:11 AM »

In the dog days of summer I sometimes could not get any action Then I met an old Italian gent at the campsite next to ours.He was using a lead line to get down.Long leader.16 feet and silver ribbed sprately purchased at the lodge there.The wire ones worked but the tinsel ribbed way better.Type three and better sinking line trolled along the drop off.This worked wonders for me.This was fifteen years ago though.
Riverman

Dogbreath

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »

It's a nice place for a swim but the fishing is so/so and there are too many cabins full of noisy drunken idiots for me-the place is a zoo.

aaron.az

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 05:48:23 PM »

Ill agree. theres some people out there with zero class at all. ended up with two 4 fish days, a one 9 fish days between my father and i. The fish are incredibly smaller this year, must have had all the larger rainbows taken out in the winter by the locals. instead of the 14"s 15"s all to be found was 12's with a couple 13's didnt matter what we were throwing at them must of had changed flies and lures a dozen times trying for bigger. threw anything smaller than 12' back as might as well save em to theyre larger.