Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flytying Night -- Coquitlam Monday Night 6:30-9:30  (Read 9574 times)

skunkaroo

Re: Flytying Night -- Coquitlam Monday Night 6:30-9:30
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »

COQUITLAM TYING NIGHTS...

Tom Lam Slide Show
We're  on again this coming Monday the 26th from 6:30-9:30pm. Tom will be putting on a slide show from one of his recent trips (this time, Alaska).

Details:
The Coquitlam Tying Nights are open to everyone from newbie to expert. If  you're just getting started or interested in learning, we always have  spare vises, tools, materials and a little free instruction to get you  going.

The evening takes place on the second and forth Monday of  each month (with a break around Christmas). There is a $5 cover to pay  for the room, with anything left over going towards door prizes. The  wings are cheap on Monday's and there is a great selection of beers on  tap. The tying takes place in one of the meeting rooms, and not in the  bar. From time to time we will set up a fly swap--put in three flies  plus a toonie, get three flies back with any money collected going back  into the kitty.

Theme:
This tying night's theme will be Favourite Flies. No special theme for this tying get together, just an oportunity to twist up your favourites, fill you fly box and maybe ask a question or two.

Fly Swap:
We will be hosting a fly swap this week. As always, participation is voluntary.

Ridgeway Legion
1025 Ridgeway Ave.
Coquitlam
Here's a map link: Map Link

Door Prize:
On  offer for the evening's door prize: A sticker set and various odds and ends for the fly tyer.

Hope to see you there,

Aaron (aka skunkaroo)

P.S. If you want an e-mail reminder about these fly tying nights, drop me a line and add you to the list.

Spring-Summer Schedule 2007:
  • 26 February 2007
  • 12 March 2007 - Nymph Night (special prize)
  •   26 March 2007 - Bloodworm Night
  • 23 April 2007
  • 14 May 2007 - Skagit Night (Dries and Emergers)
  • 28 May 2007
  • 11 June 2007 - Spring Wrap up

skunkaroo

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 09:33:51 PM »

Nymph Night
We're  on again this coming Monday the 12th from 6:30-9:30pm. Nymph night tonight.

Details:
The Coquitlam Tying Nights are open to everyone from newbie to expert. If  you're just getting started or interested in learning, we always have  spare vises, tools, materials and a little free instruction to get you  going.

The evening takes place on the second and forth Monday of  each month (with a break around Christmas). There is a $5 cover to pay  for the room, with anything left over going towards door prizes. The  wings are cheap on Monday's and there is a great selection of beers on  tap. The tying takes place in one of the meeting rooms, and not in the  bar. From time to time we will set up a fly swap--put in three flies  plus a toonie, get three flies back with any money collected going back  into the kitty.

Theme:
This tying night's theme will be Nymph Flies. Nymphs of all shapes and sizes, whether chironomids, damsels, or mayflies.

Fly Swap:

Ridgeway Legion
1025 Ridgeway Ave.
Coquitlam

Door Prize:
On offer for the evening's door prize: Various odds and ends for the fly tyer and a used hardcover copy of Ernest Schwiebert's, Nymphs (good to very good condition).

Hope to see you there,

Aaron (aka skunkaroo)

P.S. If you want an e-mail reminder about these fly tying nights, drop me a line and add you to the list.

• 12 March 2007 - Nymph Night (special prize)
  •   26 March 2007 - Bloodworm Night
  • 23 April 2007
  • 28 May 2007

skunkaroo

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »

Nymph Night
We're  on again this coming Monday the 26th from 6:30-9:30pm. Nymph night tonight.

Details:

Theme:
This tying night's theme will be Bloodworms and Chironomids.

Fly Swap:

Ridgeway Legion
1025 Ridgeway Ave.
Coquitlam

Door Prize:
On offer for the evening's door prize: Various odds and ends, and a three packs of TMC 2302 hooks.

Hope to see you there,

Aaron (aka skunkaroo)

• 26 March 2007 - Bloodworm Night
  • 23 April 2007
  • 28 May 2007

skunkaroo

No Coquitlam Tying NIGHT this Monday the 9th of April
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 08:29:22 AM »

Just a reminder folks. There will be NO Coquitlam Tying Night at the Legion this evening. It's a holiday for many and that means fishing, not tying.

We pick it up again in two weeks time. Hope to see you there.

Aaron

• 23 April 2007 - Theme TBA
  • 28 May 2007 - Theme TBA

skunkaroo

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »

It's "Tye What You Like Night"
We're on again this coming Monday the 23rd from 6:30-9:30pm. While there's no official theme for this Monday's get together, we will be collecting flies in support of Casting for Recovery. Thanks to Jasen for the suggestion.

Details:

Theme:
No theme for this evening's get together.

Fly Swap:

Ridgeway Legion
1025 Ridgeway Ave.
Coquitlam

Door Prize:
On offer for the evening's door prize: Various odds and ends, and a couple of T-Shirts

Hope to see you there,

Aaron (aka skunkaroo)

While I think the Canucks are going to take it in 6, if there is a game on I'm sure they'll have it on next door. If not, I'll bring a radio.

• 23 April 2007
  • 28 May 2007

skunkaroo

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »

We're on again this coming Monday the 28th from 6:30-9:30pm. Only two to go before the summer break.

Details:

Theme:
No theme as such for this evening, but I'll try and do some kind of mini-demo and answer any questions.

Fly Swap:

Ridgeway Legion
1025 Ridgeway Ave.
Coquitlam

Door Prize:
On offer for the evening's door prize: Various odds and ends, and a T-Shirt

Hope to see you there,

Aaron (aka skunkaroo)

• 28 May 2007

skunkaroo

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »

Hi all,

Instead of having our last tying session at the Legion, the "executive" has decided on having a wind up BBQ/Casting Session  down at Lower Hume park on Monday the 11th of June from 6:00-9:00 pm.  I'll be bringing a small BBQ, some smokies, buns, hot dog fixings, and  a 10x10 canopy in case the weather doesn't co-operate. I haven't  officially booked the facility as the price ($94) was too  prohibitive--but I confirmed that it hasn't been booked (and it's 99%  likely that it won't be). If a crowd of people RSVP then I'll look into  booking it officially.

I'm also bringing down three of my light  weight rods (1, 3 and 3wt) so that people can try lawn casting a few  light rods and lines. I would encourage anyone with rods in the 0-4wt  range to do likewise. If the conditions are right, we might even be  able to fish for the mighty Brunette Pike Minnow (1 or 2 at a time) so  bring your boots or wading sandles.

It's  open to everyone as usual, but I'm still going to be asking for a $5  donation so that there's enough in the kitty to cover the first night  or two of the fall session rentals at the Legion. We will be having a  draw for a "Door Prize" as well.

Here's a link to the site information: Hume Park and a link to the PDF of the Park Map. We will be meeting at the lower park by the picnic shelter, with the entrance off Columbia/North Road. This is the closest "Mapquest" reference I could get Hume Park.

Hume Park Pavilion

Aside  from hotdogs, if someone wants to bring something to share just let me  know. We could probably use a couple of folding chairs and a few  lanterns as well. There's a sink there which may of my not work, but  you can't drink from it--so if you want anything to drink you'll have  to bring it on your own.

If you're thinking about coming out or bringing something then let me know before Saturday so I can get organised.

Spread the word to any tyers that want to come down, and  feel free to bring the family (there's a swing set for the kids and a  honking big field).

Aaron

P.S. I'll probably bring a portable tying kit, just in case ;)