Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Queen Charlotte's  (Read 1831 times)

Splitshot

Queen Charlotte's
« on: January 08, 2006, 12:10:33 PM »

i will be making a business trip to the Queen Charlotte's (Masset area) in February or March, during this time, I want to do a couple days of steelhead fishing. My plan is to try and stay away from the high priced lodges, if possible. Does anyone have a contact for a guide in this area and an inexpensive place to stay.

Thanks in advance

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Queen Charlotte's
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »

Good luck on that! There's some great steelheading to be had around there..I think the Yakoun River has some really nice ones. The problem is getting there.

As for inexpensive..dude..you're in the WRONG territory. Let's just say that some of the locals thrive on guys like you. They want to take you fishing in the chuck for like $700 a half day. As for going Steelie fishing, I know that it won't be cheap.

Best of luck, take LOTS of warm clothing with sweaters and multiple layered fleece being staples. Water Proof outdoors jackets too are a requirement..as when it rains up there, it comes down in buckets.

best,
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Splitshot

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:35:12 PM »

I pretty much knew the answer to the question before I posted it, but remember, it never hurts to ask.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:28:55 PM »

Check your PMs.