Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just back from 3 days on the river - Grassy July 24-26  (Read 1619 times)

Jimmy

Just back from 3 days on the river - Grassy July 24-26
« on: July 27, 2004, 10:46:09 PM »

Well i am cooked...... Very hot weather. Fishing was spotty. I had to buy a new one on Saturday before heading out. my wife caught 1 and I caught 2

we was on grassy when the native activity happened. Saw the guys in their camo gear drift down the river wwithout the nets. As soon as I saw them I knew what they were up to and ran up to the camp and started call dfo. (The number I have must be wrong because it always says out of order don't know if this is just the phone or the number.) Any ways got my kid and wife out of the water and  and waited. Spoke to some other guys and told them to watch. So the guy did his drift and a jet desided to make his life a little wetter. he got it really good 2 times and each time ther was a roar from the guys on the river shore. rocks were flying and I learned some new words (so did my kids)

Anyway the show was over and well the fishing picked up? there was about 4 fish in the area caught within 10 mins of the net going by?

We wer having dinner when I heard yealling again and I say the boat floating dowm the river with they guy swiming near it.ran out to see If i could help and myself and 2 others helped the guy in and dragged his boat in. I understand he wasn't very nice to the group who tried to hel him up frther but he was very happy to have the help from the three of us.

Not very hapy with the net drifting day and night. They hit grassy very hard all night from about 11pm = 3am.

But I would have a hard time sleeping If I didn't help, and something happened to the guy.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 12:09:17 AM by Rodney »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re:Just back from 3 days on the river
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 11:27:39 PM »

that shows alot of class.  good on ya. :)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:Just back from 3 days on the river - Grassy July 24-26
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 08:39:29 AM »

Thanks for the report.  No matter what you think of the guy, you've got to help him.  Taught your kids a good thing. Good on ya :)