Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing in Aruba / Florida  (Read 1058 times)

ERNIE

Fishing in Aruba / Florida
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

From reading this forum I realize that there are some well travelled fisherman that have had the opportunity to fish different places.

I am not so well travelled and have never fished any of the warmer climates before.  I am going to Aruba and then the Florida Keys this Christmas and am hoping someone can provide advise on fishing.

Are there any opportunities for me to fish from shore if I bring my own rod and reel?  I realize that going with a charter would be ideal however money is the issue for me.  All the charters advertised on the internet average $600 - $700 US for a day trip. 

I would love to catch and release a new type of fish that I am not able to here just for the experience.  Am I way out to lunch hoping I can do so from shore?  Any advise on gear and the type of species I would have a chance for would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ernie

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing in Aruba / Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »

Hey Ernie,

I haven't fished those areas, but you might find shore fishing successful for Roosterfish.  I don't know much about them, but I have heard that people catch them from shore - Mexico was where I was and they fishing for them there.  I guess a little google search for them might come in handy.  Other stuff could be Yellowtail, Trevally and a few others. 

Sorry its not much help, but its a start