Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dewdney/norrish creek  (Read 13579 times)

Humpy

Re: dewdney/norrish creek
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

The norrish is pretty crowded too.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »

head east on Highway 7 past Dewdney crossing over the Slough then watch for all the cars parked on the left side of the road. ON NO ANOTHER "SECRET SPOT" LET OUT OF THE BAG!

SHEESH people are a joke.

:D
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »

I parked at the bridge up near the hatchery on Monday and walked all the way down to the confluence and back again (beautiful little stream it is).  There were no less than 2 guys fishing at every little run from the bridge to the confluence and beyond, and most of them had 4 or more guys.  I did manage to find a spot or two to toss a fly (no one fishing the backwater at the confluence, surprise surprise), but the fishing was quite slow as the water was very low and clear. There were plenty of coho in there, hiding amongst the many chum still kicking around, but most were quite dark.  I did see a few bright fish caught, all of them wild and released, but there was mostly chum to be had and all of them... boots.  There was better action, and more room, down in the slough below the highway bridge, but still the chum out number the coho 20 to 1, and most of the chum were well past prime (but that did not save many from getting the club, sadly).  It was still a fun day of fishing until I lost the tip section of my fly rod when it slid off into the slough as I was releasing a chum.  If anyone sees it let me know, it is a gold coloured rod tip off an 8 wt.
Not all those who wander are lost

Chehalis_Steel

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »

Aww man sucks that you lost the tip of your rod Sandman. Same thing (almost) happened to me last year, except I was stupid enough to leave it on the roof of the car. Will be going down to the slough in the next few days so I'll keep a lookout for your rod tip. BTW I can't believe how many guys are keeping dark chum this year...its actually pretty nasty to think that people eat those.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

Aww man sucks that you lost the tip of your rod Sandman. Same thing (almost) happened to me last year, except I was stupid enough to leave it on the roof of the car. Will be going down to the slough in the next few days so I'll keep a lookout for your rod tip. BTW I can't believe how many guys are keeping dark chum this year...its actually pretty nasty to think that people eat those.

Thanks, I appreciate the extra eyes out.

Nucks

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »

I also agree  :-\

fishman254

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »

I drove down Nicomen slough today and (as you old pros probably already know) the Dewdney boat ramp is closed. I did see about a dozen fishermen bunched up on the west side of Nicomen, just a little ways towards the Fraser from the Highway 7 bridge. Didn't see any fish caught or fish jumping, but was only there a couple minutes.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »

I was one of those, the one fly fishing, and I managed two chum during the low tide this morning.  Both took a Christmas tree, and the first gave me quite a battle I needed to get a hand landing it, a big buck that was still pretty green (no black showing at all).  The second one I managed to long line release so I did not see how fresh it was.  Unfortunately there were no coho seen below the bridge, but I did see a fellow pack two out from up above near the Norrish confluence.

Derek Mcl

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »

head east on Highway 7 past Dewdney crossing over the Slough then watch for all the cars parked on the left side of the road. ON NO ANOTHER "SECRET SPOT" LET OUT OF THE BAG!

SHEESH people are a joke.

:D

Don't tear your breathable waders on the barbed wire.  That would make for one expensive fishing trip!

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »

Anyone been out recently? Might go out tomorrow but the rivers probably blown.