Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saltery Bay  (Read 1935 times)

Preliator

Saltery Bay
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:57:50 PM »

I'll be spending the weekend in Saltery Bay and was wondering what sort of opportunities there are without a boat.

From what little information I could find, locating any bay with a source of freshwater could be a decent bet to get into some pinks. Personally, I would prefer to find some catch and release streams with my fly rod, but am unsure of resident trout in the area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

96XJ

Re: Saltery Bay
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »

If you can make it to Lang Creek - about 15 min drive - there is a large estuary at the mouth where you can fish , acceseed from a road on the west side , not sure about pinks , but coho and springs can be had at the right time

Preliator

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »

Great, thanks for the heads up on that one. Some Coho would be a nicer surprise so I will definitely note that area.

How is that area for non-fishing sites or activities? It would be nice to bring my camping entourage with me, but not actually have them WITH me while on the water, lol.

96XJ

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 08:59:28 AM »

Might be kind of early for coho , hopefully pinks at least , the estuary is shallow and sandy which would be good for kids while the fisher was occupied , other than that not much

Preliator

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »

That's great, thanks!

In your opinion, would time of day or tide be the stronger factor when deciding when to try it out?