Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trashoplis  (Read 2113 times)

santefe

Trashoplis
« on: August 24, 2017, 11:38:46 AM »

I decided this morning to go to my favorite fishing bar and pick up trash.
I got a bag and a half 'stuff'.  I declined to retrieve what appeared to be diapers.
The majority of containers were from Canada's favorite coffee shop.  A long
time ago a fellow member suggested a deposit on paper coffee cups, at that time
I didn't think too much of that idea.  Now I've changed my mind.
Whats so hard about scrunching that cup and taking it home?
Just my rant for the day....

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Trashoplis
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:09:19 PM »

Or the styrofoam worm containers... that one bugs me a lot. It gives anglers a bad name, whereas the other garbage could've been left by anyone.

I usually bring back some amount of garbage each time I go out. Last time it was a dustpan and takeout styro from the Stave. Before that it was 5 half-empty Gatorade bottles, 4 beer cans, fishing crap, and an old sock from the Brunette (thankfully they left me a bag to carry it out in, especially that sock!). Last year I pulled a bunch of batteries from the banks of the Stave. Someone had driven out to dump them two feet from the water, along with a bunch of other electrical junk. Grrr....

EDIT: Yes, charge extra for takeout cups! And plastic grocery bags. It's just such a thoughtless waste of resources.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Trashoplis
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 11:55:02 PM »

Thanks for the reminder.
I usually go once a year to an old favorite fishing spot to collect a bag of trash as well.
Once the summer crowd is done with it there is no problem getting as much as I want to carry out.
I cant believe it when I also find diapers there.Who would do that when they want to bring there kids there ?
There will be at least 2-3 uninflatable  inflatable pool toys and who knows what else.

There used to be an old guy that would allways go by there while walking his dog.
I caught him one day while he was throwing his little white doggy bag into the large Blackberry bush.
You couldn't see it as it was in the middle of the bush and it was full of leaves etc.
When winter came and the bush had dropped its leaves it looked like a giant Christmas tree adorned with about 50 dog poo bags. :o