Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Point Grey & the Fraser - Saturday & Sunday, August 27 & 28th  (Read 1115 times)

JustinG

Point Grey & the Fraser - Saturday & Sunday, August 27 & 28th
« on: August 29, 2005, 08:07:59 AM »

We headed out to Point Grey this past Saturday for a little sockeye fishing. 5 minutes in, the shallow line goes off, I handed it to my dad who handed it back to me ...  Realizing where I was in the boat it would be much better for him to bring it in and for me to net it and I passed it back and quickly explained ... we lost it. Behind us I noticed a few others playing fish.

I did notice a few other boats playing fish in the area in our time there but none seem to be able to land them.

After another 4 hours of nothing we called it quits.

We headed up the valley to target pinks on Sunday between Island 22 and Grassy Bar. We found a nice slow piece of water to cast into. No pinks to be seen anywhere unfortunately. LOTS of sockeye though.  They were surfacing just a few feet in front of us all day. Can't wait to go back when the pinks are in, in greater numbers. My fly new fly rod still needs to be christened.

For those interested - DFO is supposed to be making an announcement today regarding the Fraser Sockeye fishery/harvest.

Cheers,
Justin.