Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jordan River-road access  (Read 1344 times)

LOKI

Jordan River-road access
« on: March 19, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »

Hi Everybody!

I am fairly new to the Island, and I was out scouting the rivers around the area on the weekend. Thanks to the advice from some of you, I now have a good understanding of some of the good pool locations, and area in general. Drove the whole cowichan, walked up the Sooke, went to Jordan River etc. Just seeing what was out there.
My question....What is the better road to take for Jordan river Access? (I was running out of gas, and couldn't explore them enough.) I noticed on the map the west road may have a couple of gates on it? the east road seems to follow the river a little more. Which one would have better access to some fishing pools, and are the gates open at all? Also, what fish will be in there this time of year, or is it even worth fishing?
Thanks to anyone who can help me!
Tight Lines
Loki

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
Re: Jordan River-road access
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:37:08 AM »

Hey Loki, Don't know anything about the fishing in that area, but on some days you get a real nice surf break there at the Jordan mouth.  ;D

The only time I've surfed it was Dec of '87 and it was kinda mushy. But I have seen amazing pics from there. Also you can surf just up the road at Sombrio beach, sorry to get off topic.