Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Osoyoos lake???  (Read 1869 times)

Camman

Osoyoos lake???
« on: May 07, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has any spots or gear to share with me, i will be flyfishing and gear fishing. My family and i go up every year and i would like to try fishing this beautiful lake.

BladeKid

• Old Timer
Re: Osoyoos lake???
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »

You can sight fish LARGE carp cruising the shores. They are easy to get on gear, they eat just about anything. Getting them on the fly is a bit more difficult but still possible. There are also bass, perch, and rainbows.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 06:45:11 AM »

what time of year are you coming???

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

gman

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »

Lots of options in that lake, and it does depend on time of year.

I have caught some decent sized rainbows trolling gear, and caught some bass with plastics. Best bass fishing is at the north end. And the kids fishing bait from the shore of our campground catch lots of perch, and the occasional big carp.

I tend to go in early summer, and focus mostly on swimming, boating etc. The fishing is not that great then, but we catch a few every year.

Camman

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »

I am going July 13th to the 20th.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:05:10 AM »

e-mail me a week before your arrival...we'll hook up and hit some bass..;))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley