Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: High school fly fishing championship  (Read 2298 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
High school fly fishing championship
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »

Well once again Randy from Hatch Matchers has organized this championship and it is held on Sunday April 27th from 9am till about 1:30 at Sun valley trout farm. They are still looking for volunteers to make this run smoothly. So if you are interested give Randy a call.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

mykisscrazy

Re: High school fly fishing championship
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:26:25 PM »

Could we have more information. Is this for all school districts? Is there a cost? What schools are being represented?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:47:57 PM »

I just phoned Randy to get all the information for those who are interested.

The date, time, location has already been provided by Fly guy. The competition is unfortunately not opened to anymore students for this year. There are four schools in the Maple Ridge/Mission district that are involved in this. Each school will select its top 6 students to compete.

If you, as a student, are interested in the future, you can get your school involved by finding a sponsor teacher to start a club.

Even though it is not opened to more students, you are always welcome to attend and watch on April 27th. Sun Valley Trout Park is located on the west side of Mission. Their website is: http://www.camping-fishing-bc.com/

Volunteers are needed to assist students in casting, flycasting, weighing fish, and just general duties to keep the event run smoothly. If you are interested or need more information on this, please phone Randy at 604-467-7120.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

Just a reminder of this event this Sunday. If you are not able to help you can always come and have a look.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:56 PM »

I'm kind of miffed about this one. Back when I coordinated the four championships hoasted by the clubs I coordinated, the championship was open to every school based club that could make it out and there was no limit on the number of participants from any club. It may be me but I found this lastest championship discriminatory; but then I am not involved either so it is not my call. Just venting.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

CHUMHUNTER

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 03:44:09 PM »

It is open to all schools, however, it was cut down to six from each school because of the logistics and if one school had more fishers than other schools , such as we did , then that was not fair. This is a great event for kids and was superbly sponsored by Randy at Hatchmatcher here in Maple Ridge. Hope to see you out there next year!!!!!