Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A real winner here...  (Read 50526 times)

Ambassador

Re: A real winner here...
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »

You guys are being idiots.
That's not very nice, bully. Now I'm rooting for Ken in your heavyweight match at Vedder UFC.

Strong like bull, smart like tractor!
;D
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »

* shakes head *

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:27 PM »

Wow, never thought this thread would go 7 pages  :o

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »

Wow, never thought this thread would go 7 pages  :o

I'm glad people discussed this.  This guy is posting the vids for the public to see so he is open to criticism. 

Carich980

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »

Still waiting for him to Chime in

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2014, 07:33:27 AM »

I don't think he has access to here. Lol.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »

He won't chime in because he's scared, he can't delete the comments made back to him. He can manage his facebook, and YouTube pages, he can't do that here.

burnaby

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »

Wow, didn't think this thread could be so entertaining. That call to BCH was hilarious. Such an epic fail that anyone with half a brain would shiver listening to that much stupid.

As to talking FTF with someone that ignorant. Doesn't matter how big you are, can't win dealing with a mad pitbull, either way you will get bitten, a lose/lose, and NO, can't shoot them from a distance. Stay far, far away is the only smart move.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2014, 08:56:30 PM »

I've watched all his videos and on the most part it's full of rubbish...the disturbing thought is knowing some viewers are actually taking his advice to heart. It's hard enough trying to convince new fishers on the proper techniques and etiquette so with that I commend Flytech for his resolve and not backing down on his principle. Even the biggest ego can be humbled with enough voices to let them know what they're doing is wrong.

No need for muscle flexing here...just an accumulated number of voices to be heard loud and clear.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »

Hey Tech.

Was that you I just saw in the Ridge jogging down Dewdney by 224th on you way to Club 16. Your shadow boxing looked good while you where jogging then all of a sudden that light stand jump out of no where! Ouch!

You have to work on your foot speed as well as your ability to dodge from side to side and please keep those hands up.

I saw the big guy on the Vedder training as well. He was head butting Boulders up at Tamahi.

I think this match should take place during the Boxing Day derby. Pretty fitting time I think! 8)
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

ThatDeafGuy

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »

^^ LOL...

Sell tickets and use the funds for fish conservation, and funding CO's.  hmmmm?
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

jimstone

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »

wow just watched the video of ken and hailey from my fishn spot on Oct 08. Couldnt believe she crossed the water that day without a wading stick or any type of pdf. my partner and I were fishing from the big rock shes standing on and after watching her cross the river (both of us in shock) told her to come and stand on the big rock to catch a fish. after fishing around old ugly guys every day she was like a ray of sunshine. couldnt figure out why her friend (bald guy old enough to be her dad) would let her cross that water alone. ive read everyones response to this guys fishing but really the safety issue bothers me more than fishing styles. this video shows her returning to the road side of the river but its not as hairy as when they first came over to the backside of the river. common sense seems to missing as kens response to our concerns was "dont worry shes tough"

DRP79

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »

He is loving all this attention, thats for sure. Love him or hate him, these threads are sending more and more people his way. You want people to not follow this guy or listen to his reports but will end up getting him paid for said reports by sending more and more clicks and views his way. If he starts getting paid for this shyte, good luck "converting" him then.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2014, 02:15:26 AM »

wow just watched the video of ken and hailey from my fishn spot on Oct 08. Couldnt believe she crossed the water that day without a wading stick or any type of pdf. my partner and I were fishing from the big rock shes standing on and after watching her cross the river (both of us in shock) told her to come and stand on the big rock to catch a fish. after fishing around old ugly guys every day she was like a ray of sunshine. couldnt figure out why her friend (bald guy old enough to be her dad) would let her cross that water alone. ive read everyones response to this guys fishing but really the safety issue bothers me more than fishing styles. this video shows her returning to the road side of the river but its not as hairy as when they first came over to the backside of the river. common sense seems to missing as kens response to our concerns was "dont worry shes tough"

i agree. watching her cross without hesitation or thought made me cringe...foolish and naive. especially when she slipped and got back up, she obviously didn't realize how lucky she was.

Ken Weisner is a fool.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:23:28 AM by blaydRnr »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2014, 02:23:04 AM »

He is loving all this attention, thats for sure. Love him or hate him, these threads are sending more and more people his way. You want people to not follow this guy or listen to his reports but will end up getting him paid for said reports by sending more and more clicks and views his way. If he starts getting paid for this shyte, good luck "converting" him then.

i don't think that's the kind of attention anyone would be proud of...and after a while people won't want to be associated with him and his antics...so let him shine in his 15 minutes of shame... it makes for good comedy on youtube.