Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: high times  (Read 24480 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: high times
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »

Doesn't bother me one bit. Its a personal choice. Marijuana has never killed anyone from an overdose and some people need to relax about it. Some places in the world the police tolerate it and don't arrest or charge anyone for it I also smoke cigarettes and if you have a problem with it while I am smoking outside tough. Its not illegal to smoke outside, I don't smoke in my house, I don't smoke around my kids so while I am fishing I am going to smoke as for me fishing and smoking go hand in hand just like drinking and smoking.

You want to smoke the green stuff be my guest..... Police need to relax about it and focus on the meth addicts and heroin addicts. That's where the problems exist not with the green.

i have a close friend who councils people suffering from severe drug addictions. he pointed out,  85% of the people he deals with started smoking pot prior to their progression to more potent drugs.  it's also common knowledge that the tch level in marijuana have steadily increased in past 3 decades and continues to climb. 

you want people to relax about 'the green'.  i'd like to see how relaxed you are, the first time you find out some assh*le offers your kids some. after all, that's how it starts.

Go do some research on the Netherlands.......

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »

The idea that pot is a gateway drug is a joke.  People against its use have always tried to make a cause->effect relationship where there exists only a correlation.  Sure, 85% of people using harder drugs may have also used marijuana prior...but does that mean that marijuana CAUSES people to use harder drugs or that the people who use harder drugs are more likely to engage in risk-taking behavior, like using pot, or gambling, or drinking alcohol?  There is much more support for the latter argument...and it doesnt try to prove cause and effect, only point out a relationship.  What would be more convincing is if 85% of marijuana users ended up using harder drugs....and that simply isnt the case.  People are going to abuse whatever is out there if theyre on the self destruction path, pot is just one more thing , like almost everything else around us, that has the potential to be abused. 

A note about harder drugs though...To anybody worried that their kids might turn into drug addicts at some point, take them on a drive down east hastings and main area one evening...and explain that this is what drugs do to people, normal people like you and me.  Or, you can avoid it altogether, shelter them and just hope that your values somehow rub off on them....THATS how it all starts blaydRnr.  All kids are going to be approached at some time about drugs.

Pat AV

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »

I don't smoke the good stuff on the river any more makes me too lazy and impatient while fishing to do anything. Usually have a few pops in the back of the vest though. I say smoke away on the river ....but like others have said be respectfull of families and the elderly.

Alcohol is the gateway drug IMO.......
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 05:37:58 PM »

Starting to be like the flossing debate so will stay out of this one, anyway I will stick to my one drug, an extra large double double at Tims. ;D ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 05:40:56 PM »

the first drug put in to your body is caffeine thats the first then second hand smoke , sugar , booze etc  so for you to say that pot is the gate way drug  no its not theres other gate ways there just legal

actually i'm not saying its the gateway to anything. i'm only quoting what drug addicts themselves, have claimed based on their own experiences.

if you want to smoke it, all the power to you.  but don't say its in the same category as caffeine or sugar and then say its not as bad as meth or coke. may not be as lethal, but has the same profound effect as them.  you really believe that smoking reefers don't have conscequences to the health of your lungs, liver, brain, and kidneys ?

you're better off arguing over the legality of it.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »

actually, i have.... for developed countries, they have the highest number of drug addicts per capita in the world.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »

Starting to be like the flossing debate so will stay out of this one, anyway I will stick to my one drug, an extra large double double at Tims. ;D ;D

Pfft, you have no tolerance. If its an XL you gotta make it a Triple Triple ;D

I was offered pot when i was 11. I was never driven through the downtown east side. I was a fairly sheltered kid, but i've never had a problem sticking to my guns and saying no. I do what i think is right no one convinces me otherwords.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:03 PM »

The idea that pot is a gateway drug is a joke.  People against its use have always tried to make a cause->effect relationship where there exists only a correlation.  Sure, 85% of people using harder drugs may have also used marijuana prior...but does that mean that marijuana CAUSES people to use harder drugs or that the people who use harder drugs are more likely to engage in risk-taking behavior, like using pot, or gambling, or drinking alcohol?  There is much more support for the latter argument...and it doesnt try to prove cause and effect, only point out a relationship.  What would be more convincing is if 85% of marijuana users ended up using harder drugs....and that simply isnt the case.  People are going to abuse whatever is out there if theyre on the self destruction path, pot is just one more thing , like almost everything else around us, that has the potential to be abused. 

A note about harder drugs though...To anybody worried that their kids might turn into drug addicts at some point, take them on a drive down east hastings and main area one evening...and explain that this is what drugs do to people, normal people like you and me.  Or, you can avoid it altogether, shelter them and just hope that your values somehow rub off on them....THATS how it all starts blaydRnr.  All kids are going to be approached at some time about drugs.

forget sheltering your kids, there's no full proof way of raising them anyway.  how about teaching by example? if you say its ok to do pot, chances are your kids will grow up thinking its ok too. or i suppose you can take the "do as i say...not as i do" approach.  or how about the fact that pot is still considered illegal? but i guess that has no bearing on your stance.  so smoke on, enjoy and let's not hijack this thread any further.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »

actually, i have.... for developed countries, they have the highest number of drug addicts per capita in the world.

BlaydRnr you turning into a post whore again ???

last year this time, i had 500 posts you had less than a hundred... now you've got 1406+  who's the real whore :D you slut. ;D

mrking

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2006, 06:49:26 PM »

Yes it bothers me. I go out and try to enjoy the outdoors and get away from it all and some moron is smoking weed.

Unless the tool lives around the area, when they are done fishing they will get in their car and drive home. You can never convince me that people that smoke pot are smart.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »

Pfft, you have no tolerance. If its an XL you gotta make it a Triple Triple ;D

I was offered pot when i was 11. I was never driven through the downtown east side. I was a fairly sheltered kid, but i've never had a problem sticking to my guns and saying no. I do what i think is right no one convinces me otherwords.

Same.. I was offered pot at a little older age.. I said no and my parents didn't need to drive me through downtown.. I just used a little common sense.  I don't know any "regular" blazer that is doing good in school right now.. well maybe only one :P .. and I HATE IT when people smoke that ****.. It has one of the worst smells next to garbage IMO.

Mr king.. you hit the jack pot.. I drive 1 - 1.5  hours to finally get away from all the city noise and have a nice time out on the river when some @$$**** starts smoking pot or ciggs right next to me.. not cool
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:54:51 PM by Youngin »

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »

I don't mind it when people smoke pot, as long as they stay off the road, don't do it on the job, don't become a burdon on society, don't make any crucial decisions, don't try to get my kids to do it, and don't blow it on me.

Other than that, feel free to smoke your brains out.   

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »

Yes it bothers me. I go out and try to enjoy the outdoors and get away from it all and some moron is smoking weed.

Unless the tool lives around the area, when they are done fishing they will get in their car and drive home. You can never convince me that people that smoke pot are smart.

So you own the area that you are fishing? If you dont like it than move. I dont smoke pot on the rivers but I do smoke cigs and if you dont like it tough. If someone is smoking pot near me while I am fishing I could care less. If hes an adult it is something he chooses to do and you cant control what other people do. Calling people that smoke pot morons just shows how intellegent you really are.....

Belong to the "4 F Club"

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 08:57:59 PM »

So you own the area that you are fishing? If you dont like it than move. I dont smoke pot on the rivers but I do smoke cigs and if you dont like it tough. If someone is smoking pot near me while I am fishing I could care less. If hes an adult it is something he chooses to do and you cant control what other people do. Calling people that smoke pot morons just shows how intellegent you really are.....

Well said BOBO!!!!!!I think pot should be legal anyways.Hasnt weed been decrimanilized here in bc ???

It should be legal in my mind as well. People should be able to grow it for personal consumption. Personally I think people that are alcoholics are worse than those that smoke pot as records indicate more deaths are from alcohol related incidents than those of marijuana incidents. If it were legal their would be no more grow ops. Police would be able to crack down on the meth and heroin and leave these people that like to smoke alone.

Ever heard of medicinal marijuana? Well it is proven that it does help those with chronic pains. So its not all bad.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 09:09:45 PM »

They gave me one of those "urine" test for a job a couple years a go. Thought I was Steve Fonyo. Tested positive for  marijuana and 7/11 hoagie as well as Twinkie. Never applying for another job again.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?