Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: high times  (Read 24484 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: high times
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »

i remember a few years back when the river was blown out, i was fishing the rapids of tamahi. this fellow was walking towards me when he lost his footing. i immediately lunged at him and grabbed him before he got swept away. anyway,  he was laughing it off then i caught the stench of pot on his breath and on his clothes. he didn't think anything of it was actually amused at the speed of my reaction.

you never know, i could have easily been pulled in if i would have grabbed him the wrong way. needless to say that got my heart going. the thing was, i risked my own life to save someone whom i felt was being irresponsible with his own. he was clearly under the influence.

[/quote]

I think im going to clarify my stance a bit...I dont think its cool to get absolutely wasted on the river...thats just stupid, I agree with you on this Blayd.  I think if youre "clearly under the influence" you've had too much.  Its like drinking in that sense...if somebody decided to have one beer and go down to the river, no big deal (i KNOW there are people here who might think otherwise...but hear me out).  If that person had six, of course theyre being stupid.  The same thing goes for MJ.  If youre smoking a massive joint all to yourself, youre probably not in a good state to be wading or even standing near water...but one puff or two is unlikely to put you in a compromising situation.  Everything in moderation.

FF

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2006, 11:31:40 AM »

:D I would be more worried about drinking on the river then shmokin. A shmoker will most likey not attempt to do something stupid. I would say it is more of a social thing on the river specialy in steelhead season. I dont smoke like I used to but every now and then when I am enjoying a day off fishing for myself I dont mind a toot here and there.

James

« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »

holy crap , the longest thread i have seen on this forum is on the topic of weed/drugs ... are we more interested in this than fishing ? :)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2006, 12:25:09 PM »

I smoke Salmon all the time, no ones complaining...
The Bigger The Better!

James

« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2006, 01:05:38 PM »

use a bong