Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: high times  (Read 24485 times)

island boy

high times
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:11 PM »

just wondering what you guys think about people smoking green on the river.does it bother you?don't care?
you kill it, you clean it.

Ribwart

Re: high times
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:00:59 PM »

I used to smoke it years ago in my late teens and early twenties....I also smoked cigs full time then and now that I don't smoke the cigs anymore, and haven't touched the "evil herb"  ;D  in a while, I think it just stinks!!!!!!!!! Having said that, I could care less if people smoke it on the river, unless it's one after another...usually one or two in the viscinity won't bother me, and I can move on if I really think it's that big a deal....
my 2 cnts,
rib
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:18:07 PM by Ribwart »

Hook Set

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:05:10 PM »

Its bugs me a bit but we live in B.C the weed capital of the world so it doesnt matter what I think :-\

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:09:18 PM »

It stinks, rank up there with stale cigars.

James

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »

It doesn't bother me at all .

But I do feel that people who smoke cigs , or weed , should do so with the thought of others . Someone near you may have an allergy or lung problem that might be affected by the smoke .

It doesn't take much to walk 10 feet down wind and light up .

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 09:16:14 PM »

I don't like guys with ton's of aftershave on etc. Smoking and prancing along down the river. :-*
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

island boy

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »

thanks guys.i'll go for a wander before lighting up.
you kill it, you clean it.

Murkeywaters

• Life long angler, arrived in BC Nov 2005 from UK
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 09:41:28 PM »

It wouldn't bother me, live and let live.

However if I were out with kids I might feel differently and wouldn't appretiate someone smoking something that is illegal close to kids.

I am a smoker (tobacco) myself and I respect other peoples right to avoid the effects of my bad habit.

However I get really annoyed when I am smoking in place where it is aloud and someone feels the need to give me a lecture on the subject. This happened the other week at a patio bar. After carfully listening to the bloke rant at me, I asked him what car he drove. The answer was a V8 truck. So I asked him if he would walk home so as to not inflict his poluting fumes on me as I walked home from the bar.

He shut up after this. The point is obvious, unless you cycle or walk everywhere you are hardly in a position to critise smokers (of tobacco) for smoking in a public, freely vented area.

tight lines,

cheers,

Paul.

wading2fish

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 09:52:54 PM »

Actually like the smell...  Don't smoke it when fishing though 'cuz I'd die when crossing the river--start daydreaming halfway across!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 10:09:26 PM »

Just for clarification BC is the second pot capital of the world. Holland is #1  ;D ;D ;D . I don't smoke it anymore( just got sick of it) but I rather enjoy the smell. I also believe that since I am Dutch I should have some kind of birth right to smoke it if I chose to  ;D ;D ;D . But like some one else said smoke your brains out but if there are kids around then please move on.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

weizen

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 10:13:13 PM »

As others have said, it doesn't bother me personally, but if there are any kids around....move along.  Similarily if it is bothering someone else enough for them to say something polietly to you, be respectfull and move downwind, or butt out.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 11:06:38 PM »

no different from drinking on the river.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 06:48:20 AM »

maybe all the stoned fisherpeople is why there is so much poaching.  They get the munchies and one salmon just won't do.  There is a business opportunity in it for someone.  Set up a twinkie stand at the various parking lots.

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 08:35:31 AM »

bentrod is hitting the nail on the head. I know my brother would make a few pit stops and buy the junk.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

I personally don't smoke it on the water, but I don't mind if others do... And I don't like drinking either, the getting out of the boat to take care of the after effects is too much of a hassle.

Smoking on the other hand, I do mind... Nobody will ever smoke cigarettes in my boat. Can't stand cigs.

Cheers,
nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin