Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who Sells Sunline?  (Read 2085 times)

Dogbreath

Who Sells Sunline?
« on: May 04, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »

Seen Sunline in Lower Mainland stores at all?

Whereabouts?

TIA.

wallygator24

Re: Who Sells Sunline?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 01:02:03 AM »

You will have to purchase sun line on line.  I have seen it at Cabelas in the U.S.  but not the lb rating and color that I was interested in.  You can purchase it directly from Sun Line, just go to their website. 

Dogbreath

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »

Yeah that's what I thought-it seems to me that I saw it somewhere in some local shop  but maybe it was a similar package.

Easy enough to do online it's an easy site to navigate.

zap brannigan

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 08:58:43 AM »

I ordered the pink stuff from the states it was absolutely terrible.

wallygator24

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 05:03:59 PM »

I had their high visibility floating line in 20lb test, and it was good.  I like the way it floated and mended.  The bright yellow color was nice because it could be seen easily when fishing it.  I noticed over time that the line was not as abrasion resistant as others like maxima or Pline, but most floating lines are not meant to be used against rocks and tree limbs.  Their floating line was almost like a fluorocarbon line in diameter which I really liked. 

Blackrt03

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 07:55:48 PM »

Cabelas in abbotsford sell sunline

zap brannigan

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »

I had their high visibility floating line in 20lb test, and it was good.  I like the way it floated and mended.  The bright yellow color was nice because it could be seen easily when fishing it.  I noticed over time that the line was not as abrasion resistant as others like maxima or Pline, but most floating lines are not meant to be used against rocks and tree limbs.  Their floating line was almost like a fluorocarbon line in diameter which I really liked.

i loved the high vis pink stuff but man it got chewed up quick, was cutting about 20 or so feet off after every time on the water, if it had better abrasion resistance i would continue to use it.