Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: neopreme wader??  (Read 1819 times)

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
neopreme wader??
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:44:51 PM »

i have a hole in my neopremes and i was wonder if there is any tips to finding and patching the hole.
thanks

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: neopreme wader??
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 06:19:57 PM »

Try Aquaseal

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 06:30:48 PM »

Aqauseal Aqauseal Aqauseal

To find your hole I reccomend hanging up your waders and shining a flashlight insdie. What I don't reccomend is filling your waders with water.
Actions speak louder than words.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:41:39 PM »

Aqauseal Aqauseal Aqauseal

To find your hole I reccomend hanging up your waders and shining a flashlight insdie. What I don't reccomend is filling your waders with water.
what do you recommend for the pin hole leaks??shining a flashlight inside doesnt work as good and why not filling with water??thanks for any advise...did used compress air,not as good also ???

WestEast

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:54:20 PM »

Neoprene by its nature is relatively self-sealing, so I would be surprised if you have a leak from a pin-hole. It could be an isolated breakdown of the neoprene so it is  no longer waterproof... or a larger hole or tear... though you would see that. Maybe wear a dark cotton pants, then get wet. You'll see the damp patch easily, that will allow you to take a closer look at the neoprene itself. Why not wet the inside??.... well, that side of the material isn't made to get wet, and does a poor job drying out. If you have a few seasons of sweat in their, it may reactivate with the water too.... making it an anti-aftershave. I fixed a hole with plain clear silicone, available at any home store.