Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Waders. Any "value" brands that are good? Simms/Patagonia out of range $$$  (Read 2511 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Hey all. Just helping out a friend who's starting out into fishing and she loves the rivers. It's been ages since I looked into waders (breathable) and see that there's basically 2 camps. The expensive names like Simms and Patagonia +$500/600. And a lot of no-name brands on places like Amazon/AliBaba for around $100.

Is there nothing in between? Reliable and not very pricey.

Thanks for any direction....

fisherforever

Check out Frogg Toggs

Al P.

I’ve been impressed with my Redingtons. Not up on current pricing but they were much more affordable then the big names.

santefe

I have good service with my Cabellas, would recommend them.

stsfisher

I purchase Frogg toggs every few years or so and am happy enough with the approx $200.00 at those intervals.
I will add I have owned a lot of others including Simms, Patagonia, Wright and McGill, Bare which have held up just as well and in some cases worst than the Frogg toggs. I do put less days in my waders now a days and sim[ply cant justify hoping to get more time out of an $800.00 set of waders.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Rubber waders at Canadian Tire. Put a wool sock over the boot for gripping the slippery rocks.

essyoo

damn that was quick - sold out lol

haha, well crap.

keep an eye out though. I got a pair of FT wading boots for $16 off amazon (that I've been using for three years without issue). Just have to catch the algorithm at the right time.

fishtruck

Thanks for the heads-up. I just this minute bought a pair from Amazon. It looks like every size is back in stock, so better hurry and buy it when you still can

spoiler

I have a pair of Frogg Toggs breathable waders size XL worn once $60

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer

Any consideration towards looking for a used pair of top end waders? It might be hit-or-miss to find the specific size you're looking for but you might wind up spending the same $$$ and getting a nicer pair of waders.

The customer service at Simms has been great for me so you wouldn't be on your own if you later discovered a problem with the waders that you couldn't fix on your own.