Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg August 10th  (Read 2571 times)

shawn_john

Peg Leg August 10th
« on: August 10, 2006, 09:22:07 PM »

Went to peg leg bar after school got there about 4pm and fished there till 6:30 there werent a hole
lot of fish being caught that i saw, seen one nice 28lb red spring being caught was a nice fish. might try it on the weekend early morning.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Peg Leg August 10th
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:35:53 PM »

I was also out for some sox eye from 4- 7, very little action tonight, walked the beach and saw about a half dozen sockeye caught.
Saw 2 springs landed, 17 and 28 pounds. There were lots of people fishing peg leg, so i think ill have to try Sea Bird for a first time, looks like theres alot more fishing surface area :) Also looks like alot of fishermen are getting sidetracked with there fishing, and doing a little 4x4'ing. But some where not so lucky, like a volvo we passed by,that was stuck in a pond of water 3 feet deep, to bad the camera was in the car. :-[ But we did mangage to get a after picture when the guy managed to back out of the pond. ;D As you see we beat the rain.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:40:03 PM by BigFisher »
The Bigger The Better!

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

::) bummer about the few fish being caught. going in the morning hope it picks up by then. gotta get my first sox of the season still. :-[

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:21:39 AM »

Don't forget seabird also has it's very slow times as well. It seems that a run comes threw every couple of hours. These runs probable comes threw when the natives take their nets out to empty. But don't forget as well that it is still early, the heart of the run still is not in.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »

peg leg is on the south side of the fraser and seabird is on the north side , with all the reports of the number of sockeyes being caught is it better on the north side of the river  ??? ??? ???

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 11:38:10 AM »

It just does not matter which side of the river. Both sides are just as good. You just have to be patient. Fish seems to come in waves. Do not forget that the sport fishmen and women are not the only ones targeting these fish. Some people will tell you that seabird is better and some people will tell that peg leg is better. Do not believe every thing you here or read. Some people are just trying to get you to go where they are not just to keep more people of their bar. When there are this many sockeye in the river it just does not matter where you go. Just stay away from the maple leaf bar so that the bar fishermen can fish in peace.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »

Well if you tell me where maple leaf bar is I might think about not going there ::) ;D

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »

;Dwhen the fish are in the river they are in dont matter which bar you go to just be patient and the fish will come. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »

Well if you tell me where maple leaf bar is I might think about not going there ::) ;D

Any bar where Chris is Maple Leaf Bar  ;)

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:32 PM »

;D ;D ;D lol ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »

Any bar where Chris is Maple Leaf Bar  ;)
Wow we have Maple Leaf Bar 1 and 2 did not think of going higher. ;D ;D

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 10:09:24 PM »

wow 2 bars now chris way to go ;D

fishinfrenzy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »

Hey Pepsitrev,

Be careful on the flow, with your back injury :-\