Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Poll: How many members have signed petitions against Salmon Farms  (Read 1764 times)

skibumAB

Poll:  How many members have signed petitions against Salmon Farms?

Myself, i have signed up for the fight against salmon farms.  I have also had my wife sign up and incouage friends to do the same.

I signed up thru http://www.savebcsalmon.ca/

is there some other petitions out there?

Thanks

blueback

Re: Poll: How many members have signed petitions against Salmon Farms
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »

Hi skibumAB,
Started exactly the same poll myself about six months ago. Very disappointing show,especially given that people on this site are users of the resource and might consider championing their own sport. I signed, and also encouraged friends to do so as well. Come on folks; it is not rocket science; fish farms (as they are run currently, using open ocean net pens)=drastically reduced stock viability and are a proven threat to the very survival of the pacific salmon species. Do the lit search/survey yourself if not convinced.   

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:04:10 PM »

You can write/e-mail your MP or MLA as well. Just not Barry Penner because he's part of the problem. Send him a cracky on withdrawl.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

mattcass

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:30:01 PM »

I've signed multiple petitions and written Gordon and Pat Bell. Farms are a Ministry of Agriculture problem. Pat Bell is the minister of agriculture and returned my letter. Not particularly encouraging.

I hope everyone heard that the government's solution to the sea lice this season is to increase the use of Slice. It's the pesticide that halts the development of the sea lice, but also does a great job of killing anything else that undergoes a molting process (shrimp, prawns, crabs). It's in the fish feed but not all the feed gets eaten and the feces just falls to the ocean floor...

Salmonsmoker

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:20:16 AM »

I have also signed or added my name to many petitions.  I have not sent any letters, but should start doing that, as well.  We all need to take a few minutes and try to "do our part", so that this issue will eventually be solved -THE CORRECT WAY!

skibumAB

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »