Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack Area Lodging  (Read 2418 times)

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
Chilliwack Area Lodging
« on: February 29, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »

Looking to stay in the 'wack for one night.

Anyone know of one thats real cheap that might not be well advertised or on the net ?

Traders Inn seems fair @ $55 a night and looks nice and close but would be willing to stay anywhere else nearby.

Shanks
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Float Drowner

Re: Chilliwack Area Lodging
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:48:23 PM »

You could try the Vedder River Inn.  They just built some new rooms.  Not sure what their prices are like.  Another benefit of going there is that they support the Chilliwack River Cleanup each year with a donation.  Always nice to support them back and they are only a minute's drive from the flow.  Here is the website:

Vedder River Inn
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

one more cast

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »

Myself and GF stayed at the Vedder River Inn last fall. We arrived late afternoon for $60.00 fridge, small kichten, plates,utensils,etc. and we asked for a late check out for the next day.
It was no problem. So we fished until dark after we got set up in the room. Got up in the morning and fished. Came back to the room for a nap ;) then went out and fished again until about four and then came back and checked out. A good deal for 2 fish outings for the price of a 1 night booking without feeling rushed to check out.

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »

Myself and GF stayed at the Vedder River Inn last fall. We arrived late afternoon for $60.00 fridge, small kichten, plates,utensils,etc. and we asked for a late check out for the next day.
It was no problem. So we fished until dark after we got set up in the room. Got up in the morning and fished. Came back to the room for a nap ;) then went out and fished again until about four and then came back and checked out. A good deal for 2 fish outings for the price of a 1 night booking without feeling rushed to check out.

60 a night ? Thats on par with what we payed at The Skidmark Inn downtown. The Vedder Inn had no vacancy that night. I would rather sleep on the floor of the Burger King bathroom than stay at that awful place we stayed at.  :D
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 03:50:11 PM »

Yea I would recommend the Vedder River Inn. The new building they have looks very nice and looks like there is hardley any one ever there at this time of year. Pretty close to the Vedder Crossing Bridge too, as well as Fred's Tackle if you need some gear on the way out ;) Hopefully you have a good time when you get here, good luck fishing!

skibumAB

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 03:28:16 PM »

Has anyone stayed at the cabins a couple miles upstream of the Vedder Crossing Bridge,  i was wondering how expensive they would be $$$$$$   Thanks

Ontario Guy

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:50:57 AM »

I would also recommend the Vedder River Inn.  We normally stay there while fishing the Vedder and found it reasonably priced and very convenient.  What more can you ask for...there is a Starbucks as well as a Tim Horton's around the corner...for a great dinner, Jackson's is across the street!

Ask the hotel for the "fisherman's" rates.  With taxes, I recall paying less than $100/night.  It is a little less expensive staying in the old rooms but I prefer the new ones.  With the new rooms, make sure you ask for one with a fridge as they don't all have them.

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 06:51:13 AM »

If staying at the Vedder River Inn I would highly recommend staying in the new rooms, we stayed in one of the old rooms Christmas day for the steelhead derby, tried to get to sleep early but the guy in the next room had the tv on loud watching the sound of music.  After a couple lovely songs by Mrs. Andrews we couldnt take it anymore and asked for another room, they gave us the only other room available but the heater was broken, needless to say we had a cold terrible sleep and Im sure it had an effect on our boxing day derby perfomance :-\