Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canim lake area lakes...  (Read 2154 times)

Ribwart

Canim lake area lakes...
« on: April 29, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »

hey guys might be heading up to this area in early July, hope to do some fishing while I'm there, anyone have any local knowledge they might like to impart? Thx, in advance...
Rib

Ribwart

Re: Canim lake area lakes...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:22:05 AM »

yeah some really good lakes a bit further off, I'm going to try and stay close to canim...I have a list of lakes at home,(I'm at work now), but one I remember being curious about is Schoolhouse lake? Anyone fished it?
Thx,
 Rib

PS Dad and the uncle will have a boat out on canim...any suggestions for targeting rainbows, rather than the lakers on that big lake??? I've heard there are some big bow's in there, but I don't know the lake very well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:25:33 AM by Ribwart »

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »

fish around the islands and the bays....was good a few years ago.Howard lake used to be good too.
Please honey can i go fishing now???

freddy2596

• I'm an my friend....
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 10:35:53 PM »

Canim is a good size lake and is a very good lake for Kokanee,try trolling a wedding band and worm,.
I have caught rainbows on a fly in July but you have to find them when they come to the shallows, try early morning or late evenings at the creek mouths or weeed beds near the end of the lake(if nothing else the squaw fish(pike minnows) are a good size and willing takers to the fly,

Lots of good lakes in the area to many to list but if you get skunked at one there will be another 15 minuts down the road(but don,t get lost)...good luck