Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 floss-out  (Read 71633 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: 2012 floss-out
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2012, 07:05:26 PM »

Not jealous liketofish, pissed at snaggers who claim its a sport. Hmmmmm.....sox dont bite.....ok so we snag problem solved. You sir are no better than a poacher...sorry but I call em as I see em.
Take the T out of Morton.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »

Not jealous liketofish, pissed at snaggers who claim its a sport. Hmmmmm.....sox dont bite.....ok so we snag problem solved. You sir are no better than a poacher...sorry but I call em as I see em.

Go ahead and bash more. Shame on you that you can't continue to debate reasonably and can only vent with such imflamatory comment or shaming remarks. You act no different then PETA members shaming us fishermen for animal cruelty. Lucky for you that this site allows this kind of bashing of bbers unchecked. Any of us bbers telling you guys to put up or shut up, we get deleted. Pathetic. But hey, go ahead bashing more. We are enjoying our delicious and legally caught salmon. If you like to eat your Fraser salmon, you have to get it from FN or pay $$$ for it at stores. But remember, if you do so, you are just using agents to fill your stomach. We catch our fish with our own sweat. But judging from you earlier statement that you stop fishing for salmon, you are probably a vegetarian. So why do we even have a fishing debate with a non-fish eating poster. You could be just a PETA troll, LOL.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:02:11 AM by liketofish »

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:40 AM »

As long as DFO doesn't consider it poaching, I would suggest you not condemn people... remember to many Buddhists we're ALL senseless, cruel humans for torturing animals.  There will always be someone "holier-than-thou", so howzabout we don't go about the name calling and stick with factual arguments.  Hate the game, not the player.. 

Personal attacks are a quick road to silence on this site.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »

Go ahead and bash more. Shame on you that you can't continue to debate reasonably and can only vent with such imflamatory comment or shaming remarks. You act no different then PETA members shaming us fishermen for animal cruelty. Lucky for you that this site allows this kind of bashing of bbers unchecked. Any of us bbers telling you guys to put up or shut up, we get deleted. Pathetic. But hey, go ahead bashing more. We are enjoying our delicious and legally caught salmon. If you like to eat your Fraser salmon, you have to get it from FN or pay $$$ for it at stores. But remember, if you do so, you are just using agents to fill your stomach. We catch our fish with our own sweat. But judging from you earlier statement that you stop fishing for salmon, you are probably a vegetarian. So why do we even have a fishing debate with a non-fish eating poster. You could be just a PETA troll, LOL.

My house is behind a FN complex so yes thats where my sox come from....Very cheap too... Yes I belong to PETA..People Eating Tasty Animals.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:54:27 PM by Bassonator »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »

My house is behind a FN complex so yes thats where my sox come from....Very cheap too... Yes I belong to PETA..People Eating Tasty Animals.

Your buying sockeye off the FN and your call flossers poachers? You do know that what your doing is actually illegal right? The people who are flossing fish are actually getting their fish legally. You couldn't pay me to buy a fish off the FN.

If the run is so small that their is no commercial, or sport opening than the FN should only be getting a limited opening for food fish and thats it. If they have enough to be selling than they are taking way too many fish!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »

Your buying sockeye off the FN and your call flossers poachers? You do know that what your doing is actually illegal right? The people who are flossing fish are actually getting their fish legally. You couldn't pay me to buy a fish off the FN.

If the run is so small that their is no commercial, or sport opening than the FN should only be getting a limited opening for food fish and thats it. If they have enough to be selling than they are taking way too many fish!!!

Ayup. You have to severely punish the buyers to make that problem go away.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »

So right, bbronswyk! If Bassonator is buying soc from FN illegally, and he comes here bashing us for fishing legally and sweating for our catch, then I don't know on what ethical standards his debate/bashing posts are based on. Why even posts here if you are eating your fish illegally? You have lost our respect and credibility as a debater on this thread.

Hey Bass, remember when you buy FN's food fish illegally, and collectively with others who do the same, FN's food-fish nets (legal or illegal) will be in the water more because of increased demand, and with that you are contributing to much more damages to the dwindling sockeye stock. I hate to point out that the 'net' effect will be a lot worse to the fish than even a poacher with a single rod & hook. And we bbers are definitely no poachers (as Dragonspeed clearly stated here). If you are not PETA, then debate responsibly as an adult.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »

Wow stirred up a hornets nest did I...lol...If im cutting grass in my backyard and some one offers me 2 fresh sox for 20 hey its my hard earned cash, yup Im gonna go for it.Hows the Sharkfin soup..
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:59:21 PM by Bassonator »

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2012, 11:13:38 PM »

Not stirred up a hornets nest just showed who you really are is all. The hipocracy in your posts boggles the mind. Takes all kinds to make the world turn I guess.
always a student

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2012, 07:46:43 AM »

He should stick to buying the feedlot salmon, at least he wouldn't be breaking the law...   

Shameful.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »

Ok peeps Ive seen the evil in my ways.....so from now on I hereby swear to purchase only from Steveston commercial boats...was gonna say supermarkets but I like em really fresh...Thanx for steering me right.

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2012, 01:34:19 PM »

Hey Zabber, no need to stop if you enjoy your fishing on the bar with friends and with good result.

Wouldn't dream of it, I was just saying that I'd enjoy the fishing more if half the sox weren't foul hooked.

If my friends and I can get into 4-6 chinook a piece on roe, under a float, I/we'd probably have a better time than a day where we get into one or two springs (if we're lucky) + a bunch of sox -- some of which end up hooked in the belly or gill -- especially when sockeye aren't open for retention. A 3-7 lb fish on 30 lb test leader isn't exactly much of a battle, and while catching and releasing a number of them can make for some excitement, this doesn't come close to the thrill of a handful of big, hard-fighting springs (imo). And while it's always nice to bring home a fish or two for the Q, I'm not much of a "meat fisherman" so bringing home my quota isn't that important to me; I spend about 3 months in BC these days and my folks don't eat a lot of fish, even though there's usually a good amount sitting there in the deep freeze.

Since I generally don't have the luxury of going fishing more than 5-20 times per year, I have to pick and choose my opportunities. If I find something better, bb'ing Scale Bar (especially when there is no keeps on sox) will very likely move down my list of fishing trip options, as Chris G has predicted. Unfortunately, most of the guys I know are novice fishermen, and my father is a lake guy that usually goes less often than I do, so I don't really have anyone to "show me the ropes" and I rely on sites like this & tackle shops to point me in the right direction. This season I discovered the Cap and, while getting skunked in 4 outings, I found some secluded spots + improved my technique enough so that next summer should be more productive and enjoyable. I've also read reports about the Vedder and have added it to my list of systems to explore some more. In the future I may simply hire a guide to help with the learning curve; life is short ;)

Tight lines!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:36:14 PM by zabber »
A rig out of water catches no fish.

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »

Ok peeps Ive seen the evil in my ways.....so from now on I hereby swear to only bottom bounce for my sox...Thanx for steering me right.

Atta booyyyyyyy!!

:D  ;D :D ;D :D
A rig out of water catches no fish.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2012, 03:04:34 PM »

Yeup! I beleive he will not buy from FN at $20 for 2 soc from now on  ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »

Ok peeps Ive seen the evil in my ways.....so from now on I hereby swear to purchase only from Steveston commercial boats...was gonna say supermarkets but I like em really fresh...Thanx for steering me right.

Even if you decide to stop buying them it still doesn't give you the right to judge others who are legally obtaining them. If you never bought them and have never bottom bounced for them than you would have a valid argument. Its like a reformed bottom bouncer. Since he still participated in it at one point he would also have no right in judging those who do.

Myself I am not going to judge anyone. As long as you are not breaking any laws you are ok with me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family