Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lethal virus from European salmon found in wild BC salmon  (Read 245582 times)

absolon

• Old Timer
Re: Lethal virus from European salmon found in wild BC salmon
« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »

A small correction, should Staniford be found guilty, the issue affecting Chris and any other person who disseminates Staniford's defamations would be secondary liability otherwise known as indirect infringement, not vicarious liability. Whether the material is otherwise available or not, I suspect that secondary liability would arise because the material was directly provided by Staniford and more importantly, includes his "editorial" comments, and I use that description very loosely.

I doubt that any of you reactionaries have either the inclination or the wherewithal to source the material on your own. I have to say that in all my years of watching these discussions, I have yet to see any anti-farm information that didn't originate in the drainpipes that flow from Saniford's or Morton's or any of the other activist websites. I have also yet to see any reactionary rationally summarize their objections in their own words. It is inevitably a steady flow of cut and paste of other people's comments, and it is almost inevitably followed by a duck and cover by the cut and paster when asked to explain their personal thoughts on the matter. There is a rare exception to that rule and it involves people who simply make up their own facts in response; know what I mean, Vern?

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #541 on: January 09, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »

http://www.wildsalmonfirst.org/restaurants

LOL.......

Funny thing about that site Chris. There is no listing anywhere on it about who is behind it: it's completely anonymous. There's some real courage of conviction!

Either that or the linkage to "Superheros for Salmon" is a dead giveaway and it's really a site where defamatory comments can be made without attaching anyone's name to them. Once again, there's some real courage of conviction, or is it an attempt to avoid conviction?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #542 on: January 09, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »

"it involves people who simply make up their own facts in response; know what I mean, Vern? "

Ya like that absalone...........
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »

LOL!

You need some practice Chris. That's ten links to the word for word same story in different media outlets. Now, could you tell us your own personal views on that subject?

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

I hope that fish gets FRIED!!!  I wonder if Stanford will wear one of his super hero suits to court.

Regardless of the outcome I expect that the anti's are going to (they have already started) turn this case into a david and goliath situation as much as they can.  They are already talking about freedom of speech and bla bla bla which detracts from the facts.  I suspect that on the evening of the first day of court there will be allot of press releases from the morton camp conjuring up all kinds of hand picked crap prematurely before all the fact are out.  Wait for it. Its is coming.

If stanford does get fried I don't think he will pay the $125000 in fines personally himself.  That amount is just a drop in the bucket from the funding available and well worth the media coverage it will receive. It is by far the cheapest media coverage available. Its kinda a loose loose for Mainstream.

Lots of "don't forget to donate" on some of the recent posts.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:43:47 PM by aquapaloosa »
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #546 on: January 09, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »

LOL!

You need some practice Chris. That's ten links to the word for word same story in different media outlets. Now, could you tell us your own personal views on that subject?

Just like a fish story, trying to make it look larger than it is.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #547 on: January 09, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »

Just like a fish story, trying to make it look larger than it is.
   ;D ;D ;Just showing this subject is getting lots of media attention throughout Canada.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #548 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »

Grin Grin ;Just showing this subject is getting lots of media attention throughout Canada.

Ya, well thanks for not taking up 3/4 of a page in doing so, although that way was more effective, kinda sneaky actually.  IT would have been so obvious had you re posted the same story 10 TIMES over and over and over which is basically what we are used to anyways. 

just sayin'.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #549 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »

Vancouver Sun article
 Number of birds spotted at Brackendale eagle count still below historic highsJanuary 08, 2012 ...certainly believe it’s the fish farms,” Froslev said. “Chum...that’s where all the fish farms are.” Environmentalists...for years alleged that the farms are a breeding ground for parasites, which latch onto fish and feed on the mucous.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Number+birds+spotted+Brackendale+eagle+count+still+below+historic+highs/5965005/story.html

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #550 on: January 09, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #551 on: January 09, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »

If stanford does get fried I don't think he will pay the $125000 in fines personally himself.

That's an interesting question. I've wondered why Staniford pulled up stakes in Scotland and moved to BC when there is still plenty of work for him to do back home. What has occurred to me is that there isn't the same amount of third party grant money available in Scotland as there is here. Even though Staniford claims to be unemployed, he is able to travel fairly freely, fund a number of websites and lives in a not inexpensive part of the province. Donations are a possibility, but even the much higher profiled Morton has trouble putting together $50k in donations annually so I suspect he raises considerably less through website begging. None of his associations publish sources of funds, but I think it's fairly clear that he has found a teat of some sort to latch on to, one worth leaving Scotland for. Should he lose in court, I suspect there will be problems collecting, and if Mainstream is awarded costs, I suspect he will skip town. Collecting civil penalties is not quite as easy as collecting criminal fines and if he has any assets, with his history, he will have learned to protect them.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #552 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »

Ah, it's about time we got back to sea lice as the culprit for poor chum returns.  Let's not talk about gravel mining, floods, poor logging practices or over fishing.  Give me a break :'(
Anyone who blames salmon aquaculture for this stock collapse needs their head read.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »

Ah, it's about time we got back to sea lice as the culprit for poor chum returns.  Let's not talk about gravel mining, floods, poor logging practices or over fishing.  Give me a break :'(
Anyone who blames salmon aquaculture for this stock collapse needs their head read.
Be careful or Froslev will be after you. ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »

But Dave, the guy is obviously a salmon expert and he does mention that DFO is withholding information from him.

It must be true!