Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: capilino fishing  (Read 6081 times)

liketofish

• Old Timer
Re: capilino fishing
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:58:05 PM »

My last coho was on fly, and the hook was way inside the mouth. They bite small olive green fly well. Very light line and small fly. Try 4 lb fluorocarbon. Lower river fishing on incoming tide is not going to work any more. The natives have blocked the river with rock weirs so no fish can get through. Perhaps 15+ ft tide may let some fish over the the weirs.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:02:05 PM by liketofish »

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 09:25:16 PM »

We are definitely not fly flossing as we are getting fish to chase on the retrieve.
Fish on!

river hunter

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »

Never flyfished the cap. I have noticed in other rivers though that you gotta get the fly to pass pretty much right in front of the fishes face to get it to follow.
Sat july 21st......hmmmm dunno where ill try today..might head to island and check things.

Hoju

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »

anyone have any luck fishing the mouth of the cap or even on the beaches of Ambleside?

Bandit420

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

My last coho was on fly, and the hook was way inside the mouth. They bite small olive green fly well. Very light line and small fly. Try 4 lb fluorocarbon. Lower river fishing on incoming tide is not going to work any more. The natives have blocked the river with rock weirs so no fish can get through. Perhaps 15+ ft tide may let some fish over the the weirs.

Those smart little coho get through, but not all. I seen that rock wall the natives made and I still got a nice 5# doe so some are still getting through
If you're not fishing, you're not living!

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »

I think some fish may make it through at night, but the natives are sitting & watching their walls and their rock traps during the day. The river level probably needs to read 3 ft at the dam for fish to get over the rock weirs.