Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Net in the Vedder  (Read 7294 times)

dereke

• Old Timer
Re: Net in the Vedder
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »

One of the things you'll learn as your experience grows my friend is that we're all learning on the river-- for example -- You don't own the spot you caught the fish from--- you move on & someone else moves into the spot. Part of the problems we have on the river is the "possession thing" My spot my way is better, or more ethical etc. But there are items of Courtesy that make the much more pleasant-- Tight Lines /Sharp hooks

I agree Gaffer, as well anyone who tries to land a foul hooked white of 40lbs with a $700 rod and doesn't just point it and let the bugger break you off deserves any misfortune they get ;) ;) Experience teaches you this is not a wise move.   ::) ::)
always a student

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »

Are We saying  our self the guys who brings net in the vedder are the Inexperience one or the Responsible one..    ???..Come on... don't you think it's big relieve to you the Guy with the net volunteer to net your fish,  That you Foul hook a 40 lbs Spring with your 700 Dollar Rod that you don't need to run down stream and worry to break your rod ..Don't you think it's relieve??..Or would you rather say to the guy ..No Worries I can handle this "I'm an Experience Fisherman"!  ;) and you run with it when you come back your spot was occupied by somebody else now which trigger unhappy confrontation. Do you like that? my point is I know it's excess baggage bringing net ..But don't you think fishing the Vedder there comes a time you wish you have the net. specially when you hook the unwanted CHUM, the Dirty Spring and the pink Hump-pies.  :D

umm....I foul hook a spring with my 3106 and I.........put my rod down and break it off same way you would a snag :o "no thanks mr. net man I can handle this just fine" it really pretty simple. ;)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 09:39:33 PM »

I didn't realize that landing net is associated with newbies. :o ;D

Are you poking a stick at me Rod? ;)

I made my comments in the context of the thread of using nets while riverbank fishing for salmon on the Vedder. Typically (not always, but typically) it's the inexperienced anglers who use nets for riverbank fishing on this system. My comments aren't meant to be a judgement, only an observation. 

Again, it really depends on the landscape, the size of the fish and what you would like to do with the fish.

Agreed, I even had a net clipped to my waders tonight, however I still think my observations are generally accurate.

Are We saying  our self the guys who brings net in the vedder are the Inexperience one or the Responsible one..    ???..Come on... don't you think it's big relieve to you the Guy with the net volunteer to net your fish,  That you Foul hook a 40 lbs Spring with your 700 Dollar Rod that you don't need to run down stream and worry to break your rod ..Don't you think it's relieve??..Or would you rather say to the guy ..No Worries I can handle this "I'm an Experience Fisherman"!  ;) and you run with it when you come back your spot was occupied by somebody else now which trigger unhappy confrontation. Do you like that? my point is I know it's excess baggage bringing net ..But don't you think fishing the Vedder there comes a time you wish you have the net. specially when you hook the unwanted CHUM, the Dirty Spring and the pink Hump-pies.  :D

Actually, no. But thanks for the offer. Besides my rod wasn't worth more than $125 when I bought it 17 years ago
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:44:43 PM by clarki »

koko

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »

When you fish on the high bank side of the Vedder canel, you caught a crome 30lb red spring, you wish you have a net, I guess I really should fish on the beach side, to do the proper thing. ;D

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »

When you fish on the high bank side of the Vedder canel, you caught a crome 30lb red spring, you wish you have a net, I guess I really should fish on the beach side, to do the proper thing. ;D

If you can't land the fish in the water, you shouldn't be fishing the spot... what would you do if you hooked a wild coho?

koko

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 03:21:58 PM »

If you can't land the fish in the water, you shouldn't be fishing the spot... what would you do if you hooked a wild coho?

That's why you bring a net
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:24:57 PM by koko »