Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recent Chilliwack River Vehicle Break - ins  (Read 15260 times)

iblly

• Old Timer
Re: Recent Chilliwack River Vehicle Break - ins
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 11:05:54 AM »

Anyone know exactly where that camp is ? Have a friend looking for his bike trailer that went missing from cultus

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 12:52:44 PM »

... I saw 3 mounds of glass and a smashed out window of a white van so the smash and grab thieves are at work once again.  :'(

Well that white van may have been a victim of mistaken vigilante justice. Someone might have mistaken that white van for one that sold someone some bogus speakers for a sweet deal. Two wrongs still don't make it right.

bobby b

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

Not all doom and gloom out there.
I have been on the river 3 nights this week. I have not witnessed any broken glass, nor has my truck been broken into.
Leave nothing inside and there is no reason to have your window smashed.

Really ? 
I was up there Wed and saw 3 piles of broken glass at 3 different spots .... 1 at Tesky... 1 near Thompsom Park and 1 near Tamihi. It is def still happening.

But yeah... I also leave nothing inside.   

I ran into a guy last season who had his window smashed on his truck. He said to me  " something musta spooked 'em cause there is about $500 woth of gear in the back cab area, that is still there" .....  Insert head shake here ....

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »

I choose to believe this is all a conspiracy theory / hoax by Chris and his cronies to try and keep prospective anglers off the sweetest runs so he can have all the fish to himself!!!  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2017, 04:43:33 PM »

Anyone know exactly where that camp is ? Have a friend looking for his bike trailer that went missing from cultus
Straight out from the Salmon Trail parking lot, you will see the well worn path that leads out to the camp.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »

Fished Brown Road today. Was my 4th stop of the morning, rolled in there around 10:30am. Three piles of glass in the plot where you could tell each was a smashed out window. Two of the vehicles were gone, just one left when I got there.

When I got to the river I ended up chatting with the guy whos truck was still there. He said earlier in the morning someone told them that several vehicles had been broken into. He walked back to his truck to find out yup, it was one of the ones that was hit.

He said no tools or other gear taken, he thinks they were after $$$ as literally nothing gone. But they did toss the vehicle pretty good, even the floor mats were pulled out.

Luckily, another vehicle in the plot had it's dash cam on! Guy said they could not make out the license plate, but it was a BLUE JIMMY. 2 ppl in it and the person seen smashing the windows was an "older lady." I was a bit surprised to hear the last part.

Anyway watch your vehicles, looks like we have a smash and grabber doing rounds today.

sthdslayer

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »

2 vehicles broke into this morning at the parking lot by the train bridge yarrow side. One was 2 american gentlemen who lost there passports.

carpman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2018, 07:47:05 PM »

Dude was wearing a wig

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2018, 11:03:08 PM »

Dude looks like a lady.