Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195850 times)

hammer

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #945 on: May 29, 2020, 04:43:52 PM »

Haven’t checked in this “will covid effect fishing opportunities” thread for awhile....well, it certainly has effected fishing.

Robert G,  I am curious what your avatar is...it looks familiar.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #946 on: May 29, 2020, 05:00:53 PM »

So you and Robert are poachers ? Who knew
In Covid 19 times not poachers.....Robin Hoods.
Plus we never kept any fish for ourselves....all fish cooked and first line wkrs eating them right now.
 :)

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #947 on: May 29, 2020, 05:13:58 PM »

......trump's America looking great tonight...... helter skelter begins......
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #948 on: May 29, 2020, 06:03:40 PM »

Robert G,  I am curious what your avatar is...it looks familiar.

Fittingly, it's the art of a Magic the Gathering card called Incite, printed in M11.

It's like an inside joke to himself, that he advertises he's a troll because he thinks nobody here will recognize an obscure Magic card printed a decade ago. Like when the bad guy sends taunting clues to the detective in the thriller movie because he thinks that others are too dim to catch on to his brilliance :P He'll claim that he didn't know it was a Magic card with a trolly name and that he just liked the picture... then change the topic and continue his quest to trigger the snowflakes by sealioning. He pushes too aggressively to be a good sealion, though. I'd give him a 3 out of 5. His act is often too one-dimensional ::)

Robert_G

« Reply #949 on: May 29, 2020, 06:14:34 PM »

Fittingly, it's the art of a Magic the Gathering card called Incite, printed in M11.

It's like an inside joke to himself, that he advertises he's a troll because he thinks nobody here will recognize an obscure Magic card printed a decade ago. Like when the bad guy sends taunting clues to the detective in the thriller movie because he thinks that others are too dim to catch on to his brilliance :P He'll claim that he didn't know it was a Magic card with a trolly name and that he just liked the picture... then change the topic and continue his quest to trigger the snowflakes by sealioning. He pushes too aggressively to be a good sealion, though. I'd give him a 3 out of 5. His act is often too one-dimensional ::)

You sir....get a thumbs up from me for the first time.

Yes...I know where this picture of my avatar came from, but I found it randomly one day when I wasn't really searching for anything. The picture on the card immediately resonated with me, so I searched it out and found out that it comes from some card game called Magic the Gathering. I don't play the game. Apparently it appeals to nerdy Dungeons and Dragons type 20 somethings....nonetheless, I love the art on the card and the flavor of it too.

I'm curious to how you found it though. Are you a 20s something nerdy type?
Oh....btw....your post was a win until the Sea Lion thing. You should of stopped before that.

Oh and lets make it at least a 4/5
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 06:18:12 PM by Robert_G »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #950 on: May 29, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »

Rg has mentioned the source of his avatar before.

Shocking though, he almost sounds rational, creative and in some ways likeable in his post!

I think Blood Orange was thinking you bark like a Sea Lion.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #951 on: May 29, 2020, 06:30:13 PM »

I changed my signature for you Blood Orange.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #952 on: May 29, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »

I'm older than 20 but have been into many nerdy pursuits over the years. Played Magic on and off for 25 years, sometimes competitively. Started playing Dungeons and Dragons online with friends when the pandemic started. Also a great game, I can see why it's been around for almost 50 years. Too many hobbies and collections over the years to list.

I'm sure Robert is a 4/5 person in real life. There are a lot of people who use the internet to get a reaction to amuse themselves, even if it's a negative reaction. I've seen similar tactics on enough forums and comment sections over the years. I think that we could learn to appreciate Robert for who he is, if he decides to drop the act and actually have a conversation with us. We're not so bad. Except for Ralph. (Just kidding :-*)

Robert_G

« Reply #953 on: May 29, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »

I'm sure Robert is a 4/5 person in real life. There are a lot of people who use the internet to get a reaction to amuse themselves, even if it's a negative reaction. I've seen similar tactics on enough forums and comment sections over the years. I think that we could learn to appreciate Robert for who he is, if he decides to drop the act and actually have a conversation with us. We're not so bad.

I've never made it a secret that I sometimes vent a bit here. It's not something I'm really proud of but I do what I can. I prefer smaller group discussions or one on one in person more than a larger group online. People who know me well personally (even if they don't agree with me) understand I truly look out for the best interests of others even though my beliefs and values are black and white.
I've never been accused in real life of not caring about someone.

However, I don't use the internet to amuse myself....and I can speak for A-BOATER here too. We both really do look for opportunities to show truth to people out of caring. I can honestly say I don't do this for self amusement. I don't even care about winning an argument. If I'm proven completely wrong which happens sometimes...I feel terrible knowing that I gave information that was wrong. I only want people to know the truth...and sometimes I'm wrong....not often in biblical stuff, but occasionally I am with political stuff. I can't keep up with everything in politics more than anyone else can, but I definitely do try to.

And like the last point, there really isn't an act here with me....again....with face to face conversations I just keep my cool better...I'm more patient, but I think people can also see in a face to face situation with me that I do care....even when disagreeing. It's easier to really understand someone cares when you are actually conversing face to face. That doesn't happen here. We see words typed on a screen. I give people here grace because of that, regardless of whether it ever comes back to me. Giving grace when you know it probably won't come back is one of the most challenging aspects of being a Christian. So...no....there is no 'act' here.

Even Rod couldn't hate me in real life. I'd be his next guest on his fishing show.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:07:50 PM by Robert_G »

hammer

« Reply #954 on: May 29, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »

Thank you for letting me know about the avatar. I thought it did have a fantasy game origin. Many, many years ago I played the original Dungeons and Dragons, with modules written by Gary Gygax. Though I don’t think I was ever nerdy. Incidentally, I still avidly read and reread  the more obscure Tolkien material like The Siilmarillion.
I think the only nerdy thing I do now is think about things that fish eat and keep tropical fish....which may or may be nerdy.
I think things are opening up fishing wise....except a local cutty spot that I wanted to go to tomorrow as I have neither the time nor the energy to go further abroad this weekend. I saw access to it still closed. I did manage to get to a favourite May Interior spot a few times and was happy with my success.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #955 on: May 29, 2020, 10:59:36 PM »

i hope our brothers to the south can find some peace tonight. their have been 3 nights in a row of police clashing with protesters. hopefully no more blood will be shed. enough senseless violence. politics aside i feel like our bigger brother is sick and i hope they can over come this. cant handle any more hate. way to much of it.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #956 on: May 29, 2020, 11:15:59 PM »

Robert, maybe we'll wind up fishing together some day through some random turn of events. We could talk about the great outdoors and I bet we'd find some things we have in common ;D Finding common ground is always easier in person than via the internet. Have a great weekend!

hammer

« Reply #957 on: May 30, 2020, 12:40:07 AM »

i hope our brothers to the south can find some peace tonight. their have been 3 nights in a row of police clashing with protesters. hopefully no more blood will be shed. enough senseless violence. politics aside i feel like our bigger brother is sick and i hope they can over come this. cant handle any more hate. way to much of it.
Big brother is sick...good way of putting it.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #958 on: May 30, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »

Big brother is sick...good way of putting it.
Spoonman bigblock fox hammer all mentioning about the unrest.
Making you wonder how many or what % of the police are corrupt / unruly themselves?
Is it 1% or lower or is it 5% ?
4 policemen plus the guy is handcuffed and not resisting !!!
Come on.
The police officer basically is giving the guy the arrest and punishment/penalty on the spot.
Stories in Brazil the police arrest some bank robbers...car chase...the robbers are arrested but brought around the side of the car & shot dead.
There was a black guy choked to death on the sidewalk in NYC by a police officer. Had his arm around the guys neck & squeezed. The black gut was saying ...I cannot breath...killed.
The most famous or infamous was in LA where the black guy was clubbed over and over and over by 4 police.
The police were found not guilty !!!
LA riots for weeks !!!
Hollywood also does not help the fact they have plots that have police killing those they arrest.
One scene in the movie the motor bike policeman pulls over a drug pusher...officer comes to the window & blast away. No more drug pusher.
The police forces are under much distress dealing with people breaking laws....
Under stress some officers go wacky.
Some get into heavy drinking ,depression , some start hitting on or push themselves on the female officers...
Next thing in some cases the lady officer takes her own life !!!
Happens a lot in the military too.

And with the national guard troops and riot police and protestors all crowding about have they forgotten about social distancing ???? Covid 19 .

Robert_G

« Reply #959 on: May 30, 2020, 11:46:20 AM »

Thank you for letting me know about the avatar. I thought it did have a fantasy game origin.

You're welcome

Robert, maybe we'll wind up fishing together some day through some random turn of events. We could talk about the great outdoors and I bet we'd find some things we have in common ;D Finding common ground is always easier in person than via the internet. Have a great weekend!

You never know....and yes, finding common ground is much easier in person.