Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195861 times)

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #915 on: May 28, 2020, 10:52:14 PM »

Nah... I'd say you're going to hell.

fishtruck's words flew right over your head, how shocking lol...

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2020, 11:01:16 PM »

You’re going to hell.
Who says that?? Lol         

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2020, 11:02:47 PM »

I did, just like the other two goofballs have been saying about everyone else.

What are you, their cheerleader?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #918 on: May 28, 2020, 11:04:46 PM »

RG...I didn't even bother pushing the 'quote reply' button anymore. I realize now that you're nothing more than a wall, but I figured I might as well post one last time, on this topic.

Are you serious? Chronologically pick words out your mouth? Do you really believe what you're saying make sense?

Chronological order when Trump appeared on camera...consecutively on specific dates...speaking on camera with words he uttered in complete sentences. Can't be any simpler than that unless you chose to twist the context of what's been written to suit your argument.

Okay, so you feel all the world medical experts are clueless...but think Trump's medical suggestions are worthy of trial....Good one.

Once again you don't fail to astound me with your logic.  Nurses, doctors, along with food manufacturing staff and truckers (as an example) can't do their jobs over media communication devices. Do I really need to explain further?

Trump best ever President? Only if you don't take into account the negatives and missed achievements during his short time in office.

Overblown death count in The States? Can you back that up with credible sources, other than claims coming from the right?

The United States is supposed to be the most powerful and most sophisticated country in the world, yet they've handled this pandemic in the worst way possible. Name one positive thing that their administration achieved to prove how good Trump really is as a leader....just one.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #919 on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:20 PM »

Talking about shots......there goes FA again....2nd blast from the shot gun and he missed the side of the barn again. Better put a telescope on that shotgun.
I yelled : Fore.....before he pulled the trigger so people took cover.
FA I agree with Robert ....ignore Pres. Trumps rough edges ...and look for diamonds...the positives...yes he is one of the very very best Presidents ever.
He's got a star cast surrounding him.
Pres. Trump reminds me of the Magnificent 7 western movie....so much attacks but they still win  ;D

If course I missed the side of the barn. I wasn't aiming for the barn. I was going for the two nutbars standing next to the barn and I got both !  :)

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2020, 11:23:12 PM »

Big fish should be called   Tough_fish lol

Well they gave reasons, it’s a forum let’s hear yours

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #921 on: May 28, 2020, 11:47:34 PM »

Big fish should be called   Tough_fish lol

Well they gave reasons, it’s a forum let’s hear yours

Or  "2 Cents"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #923 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:14 AM »

Jimmy Kimmel and some comedians are a huge joke themselves, no pun
That segment is sad..
Who brings young children on tv to talk about politicians??
They only have their childhood for so long

Actually watched the entire clip now... wasn’t terrible
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:07:43 AM by kosanin kosher salt »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #924 on: May 29, 2020, 07:25:53 AM »

World wide there is little or no evidence that port of entry controls has made much of a difference in controlling the pandemic. In countries that did institute stringent controls like Russia or Singapore initial control of infection was later rubbed out by community spread. Russia now has one of the worst records. To call the US management of the outbreak a success flies in the face of the facts. The US has been the epicentre of the outbreak since late March. It has the unadmirable record of leading the world in both infections and deaths. If the Trump administration has responsibility for the national response, the response has to be described as a failure to this point. Still at the more local level it is less clear. There have been specific centres of infection in the US - such as NYC. Same here in Canada where infections in Montreal, Toronto and specific work places have lead the extent of the outbreak. It's way to early to decide success or failure or what specific strategies have been effective and what have not. There is a lot to learn and there is almost more to learn as a second major wave to come.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #925 on: May 29, 2020, 09:57:37 AM »

If course I missed the side of the barn. I wasn't aiming for the barn. I was going for the two nutbars standing next to the barn and I got both !  :)

While I was yelling "Fore" and warning everyone else...FA missed the barn & hit my lower back.
Lower back pain I do.....honestly it was dark spot and tripped on a curb & stumbled but did not fall.
Sore back for 2 weeks. Crap.
Tried walking around the block a few days ago ....walked like a duck.
Booooooooooooo!
Finally today ....doing some back stretch exercises that I found on Youtube...
Think it will help.
Trip on curb is what started it....oops I mean FA shotgun blast.

But yes do check out CBN News website homepage.
Still should have info on the two drugs Isreal doctors used and Covid 19 was halted and quick recovery.

RalphH the Philippines immeadiately took quick action and stopped all flights / passenger boats etc...from HK ...China ...other countries.....
And with their crowded cities ...30% poverty ???they have controlled the spread very very well.
But yes there is so much to learn.

Elvis John Wayne Johnny Cash ....if living would support Pres. D Trump!
They had their vices but fans loved  & love these guys....
Mr Trump has his past vices ....but he's loved and got many fans followers....he'd not perfect but he remembers what he had for breakfast.
( If sleepy Joe gets in ...Mr Pres. time to wake up...you have to meet PM Trudeau in one hr...
Joe says : Oh did I win the election?
Oh ya that 's right I'm president....ok ok I'm meeting Trudeau in one hour...where is that "to do list?" Obama sent me? Oh here it is under my pillow.)
Lord help us.
America will suffer if the Democrats get in power.
The swamps will flood again.
Lots of dirt put under mats....
And the reporters will once again put away their knives and take out their big feathers......

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #926 on: May 29, 2020, 11:01:33 AM »

The Philippines has relied on strict lockdown measures:

In the Philippines, meanwhile, plans were unveiled on Friday to ease strict lockdown measures despite a record spike in new cases. The country reported 539 infections on Thursday, bringing its total to 15,588, with 921 deaths...

Manila’s lockdown will this weekend surpass the 76-day quarantine of Wuhan, the city in China where the first outbreak of the coronavirus was detected. Manila’s restrictions have hit the livelihoods of millions of workers and there is pressure to ease damage to an economy that is facing its deepest contraction in 34 years.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?action=post;topic=43381.915;last_msg=412856

The Philippines Government implemented one of the world's strictest and longest  Covid-19 lockdowns

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/millions-unemployed-philippines-covid-19-lockdown-200526090816099.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:07:16 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #927 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »

but I figured I might as well post one last time, on this topic.

How many times have you said that now?

You aren't aiming for anything. You've got the shotgun choke set for as wide of spread as possible.....who cares what you hit with it....right?

It's way to early to decide success or failure or what specific strategies have been effective and what have not. There is a lot to learn and there is almost more to learn as a second major wave to come.

And yet you just attempted to prove that Trumps strategies were ineffective with 2 useless fact checking links....Why bother sending factcheck links if it's too early as you just said? You're kind of going around in circles Ralph.

and there is almost more to learn as a second major wave to come.

You just love to buy into the fear mongering that the MSM left is blabbering.
There is NO second wave coming. Here is what may or may not happen.

1. The lifting of restrictions slightly undoes the flattening of the curve. This would be beneficial because it would go through the public faster which is inevitable to happen anyways if the virus is as contagious as the fear mongering people are telling us it is. This would NOT be considered a second wave...
2. The virus mutates so far from the original that it basically becomes a new virus and people who already have the antibodies are getting infected with this new virus too. This is NOT a second wave. It would be a NEW virus.
3. The global agenda realizes that Covid-19 didn't accomplish what was intended (just like the man made climate change farce) and they scramble to find the next fear mongering/witch hunt scenario to ensure Trump doesn't win the 2020 election....and reattempt to keep removing more freedoms from the general public in the process.

I'm going with #3.

Again....there is NO second wave coming. If the virus doesn't do some crazy mutation...and we already know that many of the older generation and those susceptible are social distancing/wearing masks (which DR Tam can't make up her mind if they actually work or not....lol)....there is no reason a second wave will happen. Of course that will just infuriate those wanting Trump to lose the election.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:16:40 AM by Robert_G »

Robert_G

« Reply #928 on: May 29, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »

The United States is supposed to be the most powerful and most sophisticated country in the world, yet they've handled this pandemic in the worst way possible. Name one positive thing that their administration achieved to prove how good Trump really is as a leader....just one.

I'd like to converse with you as you are more respectful than most here, but unfortunately comments like this shows you are drunk with the MSM progressive left Kool-Aid. Again.....Trump could be standing right in front of you on a lake walking on water and you'd still be looking for ways to discredit him....so at the end of my day, it's not worth my time. You aren't going to listen to anything positive I post about Trump or his administration.

I'll throw you a bone. Watch some videos with the White House new press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
She is absolutely amazing. If I was single she'd be my dream conservative wife. She's smart. She doesn't put up with BS from the MSM. She can't be pushed around, and yet she's polite and considerate to everyone....backs up her words with facts....and at the end of the day she is very competent to show and systematically explain why Trump and his administration is doing a fantastic job given the current situation. But again.....the MSM progressive left doesn't care about those things. They have a demented tunnel vision of removing Trump from office and NOTHING else matters to them.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #929 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »

I did, just like the other two goofballs have been saying about everyone else.

What are you, their cheerleader?

Yes there are many many cheerleaders for Republican agenda ...
( more Godly based ... )
Ya say there's no God.
Well ya just have never tuned him in.
Ya cannot catch radio CKNW with an empty soup can.
Ya need a radio.
Ya cannot know God by looking about with your eyes....
It takes heart prayer.

Tonight on Joy tv at 9pm Vancouver time there is a 1 hr special...honouring Pentacost and also the Jewish nation.
It's called: Night of Promise.
Done by the USA ....700 Club.
Lots of guests....

To see the homepage of CBN News to get that story on the Jewish medical on the 2 drugs that combats Covid 19 ...........     www.cbnnews.com
Lots of good news stories.
Middle of the road reporting. Not swords attacking all the time.

Go back a page: catch the last 2 comments of Robert.
Good pts.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:38:11 AM by A-BOATER »