Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195844 times)

Robert_G

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #765 on: May 19, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »

I had to take a step back this afternoon.

It's been a rotten few days and there have been some real-life issues with the whole covid-19 thing that I have let get the better of me.
Regardless of whether or not I agree with what I posted, it was completely unnecessary to post, and I was just venting mostly. The meme wasn't directed at anyone here....it was just letting off steam, but that's no excuse....there is no place for it in this thread...and that doesn't mean it's wrong to post memes or that I won't post them anymore....but this one was unnecessary. I apologize for my actions. As much as I try to show truth to people from time to time here.....I went way too far with this. I'm disappointed in myself and again....I need to use more discretion at times...and perhaps on days like this just not post at all.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #766 on: May 19, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »

It's been a rotten few days and there have been some real-life issues with the whole covid-19 thing that I have let get the better of me.
Regardless of whether or not I agree with what I posted, it was completely unnecessary to post, and I was just venting mostly. The meme wasn't directed at anyone here....it was just letting off steam, but that's no excuse....there is no place for it in this thread...and that doesn't mean it's wrong to post memes or that I won't post them anymore....but this one was unnecessary. I apologize for my actions. As much as I try to show truth to people from time to time here.....I went way too far with this. I'm disappointed in myself and again....I need to use more discretion at times...and perhaps on days like this just not post at all.

👍...Good on you, take 'er easy.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #767 on: May 19, 2020, 04:58:21 PM »

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #768 on: May 19, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »

......easy to trip over the line in an anonymous setting such as this....good on you for realizing you did...
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

arimaBOATER

« Reply #769 on: May 19, 2020, 07:26:21 PM »

With the coming lessening of restrictions in pubs restaurants etc...in 1-2 weeks afterwords my guess there is going to be a gradual spike in cases.
Then possibly in a month or two a big rise in cases.
Waitress or waiters have to get close to customers...
Plus the dishes /spoons/forks ...being washed in hot soapy bleach water ?
Setting the table with silverware...wearing gloves...how often does waiter put on new pair of gloves?
Will BC still do lots of testing...
Or is it just too costly to do random tests by the 1000s daily.
Test given when people say they do not feel well....
One lady on the news told of catching Covid ...she's 98% recovered by still is down emotionally plus has this huge rash on her back.
She is warning that this Covid is no joke.
"Be careful"...she is advocating. 
Good stats put up by Nog.
Checked in here later today ...and seen ya all must of had a lively debate.
Well Robert and I are not perfect......mere humans ( though forgiven humans  ;D )......to be human is to err!!!
If a person is 90 and above....guess they do not care as much as they know their time is coming sooner than later....but 90 and below people in their 60s 70s 80s have still lots of living to do !!!
Our local Richmond free newspaper has a message for people to discard their masks/gloves in the trash...
Better yet in a small plastic bag and then into the trash / garbage cans.
Too much masks are just thrown on the ground /sidewalk ???
Why?
Do not think they were attacked in some way and the mask then was forced off their face....
Seen  15-20 masks on the ground ...at least...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:30:06 PM by A-BOATER »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #770 on: May 19, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »

With the coming lessening of restrictions in pubs restaurants etc...in 1-2 weeks afterwords my guess there is going to be a gradual spike in cases.
Then possibly in a month or two a big rise in cases.
Waitress or waiters have to get close to customers...
Plus the dishes /spoons/forks ...being washed in hot soapy bleach water ?
Setting the table with silverware...wearing gloves...how often does waiter put on new pair of gloves?
Will BC still do lots of testing...
Or is it just too costly to do random tests by the 1000s daily.
Test given when people say they do not feel well....
One lady on the news told of catching Covid ...she's 98% recovered by still is down emotionally plus has this huge rash on her back.
She is warning that this Covid is no joke.
"Be careful"...she is advocating. 
Good stats put up by Nog.
Checked in here later today ...and seen ya all must of had a lively debate.
Well Robert and I are not perfect......mere humans ( though forgiven humans  ;D )......to be human is to err!!!
If a person is 90 and above....guess they do not care as much as they know their time is coming sooner than later....but 90 and below people in their 60s 70s 80s have still lots of living to do !!!
Our local Richmond free newspaper has a message for people to discard their masks/gloves in the trash...
Better yet in a small plastic bag and then into the trash / garbage cans.
Too much masks are just thrown on the ground /sidewalk ???
Why?
Do not think they were attacked in some way and the mask then was forced off their face....
Seen  15-20 masks on the ground ...at least...

Who cares

bobby b

« Reply #771 on: May 19, 2020, 10:36:15 PM »

Who cares

Really?

A bit of a ramble by AB but a somewhat reasonable ramble.
When it comes to some of the points he makes.. we should all care!
It's normal to wonder if proper procedures and practices are in place at bars and eating establishments.. if there will be a second wave... how will testing happen etc.. all reasonable thoughts. 

For everybody sake, people should care and not be just tossing masks on the ground.....ffs

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #772 on: May 19, 2020, 11:36:17 PM »

Who cares about used gloves and masks thrown on the ground ? Me, that’s who. Disgusting and dangerous.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #773 on: May 20, 2020, 10:34:06 AM »

Who cares
He writes "two words"
My post many words....
Guess he thinks his words are equal to God Almighty.
Have you ever heard of facilitate ?
That means look for the positive and create communication.
Words like those ...will kill this forum if too many went that route.
I've tried to create or spark comments but many kill it by their sometimes personal attacks or comments like this.
If you get Covid 19 you will look back and say....gee guess I should of cared.
Covid is out there ....Hike Fish but it's invisible right ...so your brain goes "who cares" ...that's why your an easily deceived person.
Ya think ya know it all but ya know squat !!!
See other members care  ;D
Not you because your a spoiled brat "possibly"
Who cares ?
Guess we cheer on the doctors nurses care aids nightly for no reason?
Bird with head in the sand. ( bet you do not believe in hell either...that's for free )

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #774 on: May 20, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »

People litter all the time. I don't  but lots of people do. All of a sudden you folks decided to take a stand against littering ? Comical

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #775 on: May 20, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »

The question Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities

The answer seems to be only if you let it and follow the rules

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #776 on: May 20, 2020, 11:45:37 AM »

He writes "two words"
My post many words....
Guess he thinks his words are equal to God Almighty.
Have you ever heard of facilitate ?
That means look for the positive and create communication.
Words like those ...will kill this forum if too many went that route.
I've tried to create or spark comments but many kill it by their sometimes personal attacks or comments like this.
If you get Covid 19 you will look back and say....gee guess I should of cared.
Covid is out there ....Hike Fish but it's invisible right ...so your brain goes "who cares" ...that's why your an easily deceived person.
Ya think ya know it all but ya know squat !!!
See other members care  ;D
Not you because your a spoiled brat "possibly"
Who cares ?
Guess we cheer on the doctors nurses care aids nightly for no reason?
Bird with head in the sand. ( bet you do not believe in hell either...that's for free )

Rod’s right, there’s something seriously wrong with you. Keep bringing up God, devil, hell when everyone has stopped giving a rat my friend about it. Ban the idiot already.

Robert_G

« Reply #777 on: May 20, 2020, 11:54:34 AM »

Rod’s right, there’s something seriously wrong with you. Keep bringing up God, devil, hell when everyone has stopped giving a rat my friend about it. Ban the idiot already.

Regardless of what you might think, there is no excuse to talk to or about anyone in that manner. You expect tolerance? It goes both ways.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #778 on: May 20, 2020, 11:55:42 AM »

People litter all the time. I don't  but lots of people do. All of a sudden you folks decided to take a stand against littering ? Comical

All of a sudden? Lots of people here, myself included, show up to river cleanup days. We pick up discarded garbage when we're out fishing. We drag shopping carts and garbage bags out of the woods and put them by the trash cans (I'm sure the city maintenance people love that ::)). We donate money to environmental causes, like LEPS. We contribute to waterway restoration and rehabilitation. We document and report homeless camps to the city. We bring up issues like pallet fires in fishing forums to remind people about the litter it causes.

Nothing about any of this is "all of a sudden"... we've always cared :-*

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #779 on: May 20, 2020, 12:00:23 PM »

All of a sudden? Lots of people here, myself included, show up to river cleanup days. We pick up discarded garbage when we're out fishing. We drag shopping carts and garbage bags out of the woods and put them by the trash cans (I'm sure the city maintenance people love that ::)). We donate money to environmental causes, like LEPS. We contribute to waterway restoration and rehabilitation. We document and report homeless camps to the city. We bring up issues like pallet fires in fishing forums to remind people about the litter it causes.

Nothing about any of this is "all of a sudden"... we've always cared :-*

And how has the government rewarded this behaviour in terms of access to the resources you spent countless hours protecting.

Should send them an invoice
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:11:06 PM by wildmanyeah »