Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195850 times)

Roderick

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #735 on: May 15, 2020, 07:48:45 PM »

No, it doesn't. That has been refuted many many times over now.
Reality.

Nog

Well it's not as if anyone is going to do the experiment to see if it can jump from animals to humans... Wait a minute. Maybe we can kill two fish with one cast.  Considering that it is being seriously considered to do controlled human infection experiments to see if vaccines are effective, maybe we should see if a vaccinated person is immune to infection via an infected animal.  Maybe you could volunteer if you really believe it's been refuted.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 07:57:32 PM by Roderick »
You shoulda been here yesterday.

Robert_G

« Reply #736 on: May 15, 2020, 08:31:46 PM »

Not to worry fellow fishermen. Our worries have an answer.

And just like that 17 year old Greta Thunberg goes beyond her flawless knowledge on carbon and climate change and acquires 8 years worth of PhD knowledge in the medical field in just a few short months. Being an expert in climate change was so easy that it must of bored her to death....so she decided to do a 6 month flash PhD specializing in the study of viruses. She literally makes me look back at my high school years and I wonder where I went wrong. How is it that I couldn't become a climate change expert by 16, and then become a medical professional specializing in viruses by age 17? It must be my parents fault. The didn't push me hard enough. I mean....tonnes of people get a PhD in just a few months....right?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/497555-cnn-to-feature-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-in-coronavirus-town-hall

This is why NO ONE LISTENS OR PAYS ATTENTION TO CNN.....Wake up people.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #737 on: May 17, 2020, 08:20:01 PM »

Canada is doing a lot better than other hot spot countries.
USA and Brazil have so many infected and 1000s & 1000s in serious condition.
Seen a news report of protestors wanting an end to restrictions in Britain.

The police go in the crowd to break it up or make arrests....but not one police officer had on a mask ???

Today Britain got over 3000 new infections.
Hope Canada keeps the international travel to min.
And closed border with USA maintained till their rates drop to a low level.
Hospital in Abbey has found 5 staff come down with it....
Lots of toilet paper in stores lately...
Also to my surprise bought hand sanitizer ....at London Drugs and at Shoppers Drugs

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #738 on: May 18, 2020, 09:53:20 AM »

Not to worry fellow fishermen. Our worries have an answer.

And just like that 17 year old Greta Thunberg goes beyond her flawless knowledge on carbon and climate change and acquires 8 years worth of PhD knowledge in the medical field in just a few short months. Being an expert in climate change was so easy that it must of bored her to death....so she decided to do a 6 month flash PhD specializing in the study of viruses. She literally makes me look back at my high school years and I wonder where I went wrong. How is it that I couldn't become a climate change expert by 16, and then become a medical professional specializing in viruses by age 17? It must be my parents fault. The didn't push me hard enough. I mean....tonnes of people get a PhD in just a few months....right?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/497555-cnn-to-feature-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-in-coronavirus-town-hall

This is why NO ONE LISTENS OR PAYS ATTENTION TO CNN.....Wake up people.
.......yep smart driven young women are the biggest threat in the world today,not old white men rallying around a turd in a red tie....some of the best covid responses were/are in countries led by women......you guys better save some of that kool-aid to wash down all that crow and humble pie when the flim flam man's house of cards comes tumbling down...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:56:13 AM by Spoonman »
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

dobrolub

« Reply #739 on: May 18, 2020, 10:07:54 AM »

I am not sure if that was sarcasm on Greta's becoming PHD in virology or whatever :). Nobody becomes a PHD in 6 months... Only in a make-believe world of media that is a possibility.

And by the way, China's response to Covid is still much much better. And China is lead by a man. A communist kind :)

GordJ

« Reply #740 on: May 18, 2020, 05:33:52 PM »

Remember, don’t feed the troll.

Robert_G

« Reply #741 on: May 18, 2020, 07:52:47 PM »

I am not sure if that was sarcasm on Greta's becoming PHD in virology or whatever . Nobody becomes a PHD in 6 months... Only in a make-believe world of media that is a possibility.

And by the way, China's response to Covid is still much much better. And China is lead by a man. A communist kind

.......yep smart driven young women are the biggest threat in the world today,not old white men rallying around a turd in a red tie....some of the best covid responses were/are in countries led by women......you guys better save some of that kool-aid to wash down all that crow and humble pie when the flim flam man's house of cards comes tumbling down...

If 'gullible', 'indoctrinated', and 'naive' were a liquid....we'd all drown in here.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #742 on: May 18, 2020, 08:15:39 PM »

......commies to the left of me, rednecks to the right.....here I am stuck in reality with.....someone I hope....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:22:29 PM by Spoonman »
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #743 on: May 18, 2020, 09:59:33 PM »

Gerry Rafferty couldn’t have said it better himself.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #744 on: May 18, 2020, 11:27:45 PM »

1000 die everyday in the USA ... from Covid 19.

Here is a good read:

The New York Times
The Moderna Coronivirus vaccine trial shows promising early results.

It's starting a 2 phrase in testing ....then a 3rd.
The first test was really positive..the vaccine gave a good immune response to Covid 19...with no ill effects.
Was on the tv news as well tonight.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #745 on: May 18, 2020, 11:51:22 PM »

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #746 on: May 19, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »

B.C. has recorded 16 new COVID-19 cases in the 48-hour period between Saturday and Monday, as the province prepares to enter Phase 2 of its pandemic response with a gradual reopening of businesses and services.

16 more people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in British Columbia, bringing the total to 2,444.
There were eight new cases between Saturday and Sunday, and eight new cases between Sunday and Monday.
Two more people have died in the past 48 hours.
There are 335 active cases in B.C.
47 people are in hospital, 12 of them in the ICU.
1,966 people have recovered.
There are no new community outbreaks.
There are no new outbreaks in long-term care homes.
There are 15 ongoing outbreaks in long-term care homes, and five ongoing outbreaks in acute care facilities.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-coronavirus-bc-update-may-18-1.5574734

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #747 on: May 19, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »

More than 100 million people in China's northeast back under lockdown to thwart potential second wave

China's swift and powerful reaction reflects its fear of a second wave after it curbed the virus's spread at great economic and social cost

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/over-100-million-people-in-chinas-northeast-region-are-back-under-lockdown

Robert_G

« Reply #748 on: May 19, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »

deleted
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:38:00 PM by Robert_G »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #749 on: May 19, 2020, 12:37:17 PM »

China’s president, Xi Jinping, has said his country would support a “comprehensive review” of the Covid-19 pandemic after the outbreak has been brought under control.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/18/china-facing-pressure-over-covid-19-and-taiwan-at-world-health-assembly
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.