Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195863 times)

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #705 on: May 06, 2020, 12:24:27 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdt_7Vz5Ro

well said. again i worry about the right wing violence if trump loses the next election. one thing that cant be denied is a small fraction on the right turn violent and are mentally unstable. their are a few on the left who are unstable as well but very rarely turn violent.

You're not alone in worrying. There was a good article in the NYT a few weeks back on the 25th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing. It's a combination of terrifying and heartbreaking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/19/us/Timothy-McVeigh-Oklahoma-City-Bombing-Coronavirus.html

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #706 on: May 06, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »

Apparently not the media you are watching.

I also think you should note the reference to a "small faction" in the post you quoted

Schaffer (the writer in the video) made specific reference to domestic terrorism, not domestic demonstrations.

The fact is domestic terrorism by small factions of violent radical leftists all but disappeared after the mid-70s mostly because such groups no longer exist and no longer have a guiding external political force to look too, as they once did in the form of Leninist and Maoist governments in foreign countries.

Almost all instances of deadly domestic terrorism in the US is associated with anti-Semites, white supremacists, homophobes and misogynists.

What isn't known is the extent to which mental illness has interacted with the US gun obsession as well as the paranoia induced by the extensive social and cultural changes seen over the last decades or, for that matter, how these are expressed as public instances of mass hysteria.  IMO that is likely considerable.

What media are you watching?
Have you ever seen an Antifa protest? How about a Pro-Choice protest? etc etc etc.
The lefties protests are the worst and most violent of them all.

Did you not see the protests when BJ won the election recently in the U.K.?
Did you not see the protests when Trump won back in 2016?

Where do you guys dream this stuff up?

Here is a 54 second wake up call for you
https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/571185563432892/

This next one is a pro choice vs pro life
https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/1066458080375974/
If you can't see the madness and hate in the 'lefties' on this one.....there is no help for you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:53:24 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #707 on: May 06, 2020, 06:05:06 PM »

I also think you should note the reference to a "small faction" in the post you quoted

Schaffer (the writer in the video) made specific reference to domestic terrorism, not domestic demonstrations.

The fact is domestic terrorism by small factions of violent radical leftists all but disappeared after the mid-70s mostly because such groups no longer exist and no longer a guiding external political force to look too, as they once did in the form of Leninist and Maoist governments in foreign countries.

Almost all instances of deadly domestic terrorism in the US is associated with anti-Semites, white supremacists, homophobes and misogynists.

What isn't known is the extent to which mental illness has interacted with the US gun obsession as well as the paranoia induced by the extensive social and cultural changes seen over the last decades or, for that matter, how these are expressed as public instances of mass hysteria.  IMO that is likely considerable.

There have been a few attacks by left wing extremists in the states in the past two years. There may be more vocal right wing groups but the left kills as well.

Robert_G

« Reply #708 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47:33 PM »

Obviously.

Fair enough.
What do you say about the difference in the pro-life pro choice video?
Those are both demonstrations....and the lefties are most definitely displaying madness and hate compared to the peaceful prolife demonstration.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #709 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47:41 PM »

Maybe it's just a rise in cases of self-defense?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/homegrown-terrorists-2018-were-almost-all-right-wing/581284/

The president regularly invokes violent crises perpetrated by scary foreigners. The announcement of his candidacy began with the declaration that Mexican immigrants are “bringing drugs; they’re bringing crime; they’re rapists.” He called for a ban on Muslims coming to the United States after an ISIS-inspired attack in San Bernardino, California. In his border-wall address, he pointed to crimes committed by unauthorized immigrants, whose victims were bludgeoned to death, beheaded, or stabbed, to argue for the necessity of the wall. But there’s one spike in violence that the president rarely acknowledges or even mentions, and it’s the rise in far-right terror that has accompanied his ascension to the White House.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/right-wing-terrorist-killings-government-focus-jihadis-islamic-radicalism.html

Right-Wingers Are America’s Deadliest Terrorists:

After this weekend, right-wing terrorists have killed more people on U.S. soil than jihadis have since 9/11. So why is the government’s focus still on Islamic radicalism?

https://www.businessinsider.com/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1

Every extremist killing in the US in 2018 had a link to a right-wing extremism, according to a January 2019 report from the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism.

"The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists," the report states. "Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case."

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #710 on: May 06, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »

Obviously.

Fair enough.
Those are both demonstrations....and the lefties are most definitely displaying madness and hate compared to the peaceful prolife demonstration.

funny, never seen any show up to a pro life rally dressed like this

you know things have it rock bottom when sean hannity calls you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO-BW-TUGyM

arimaBOATER

« Reply #711 on: May 06, 2020, 09:44:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdt_7Vz5Ro

well said. again i worry about the right wing violence if trump loses the next election. one thing that cant be denied is a small fraction on the right turn violent and are mentally unstable. their are a few on the left who are unstable as well but very rarely turn violent.
This guy is not a Republican in the vid  ;D
But memory serves me correctly it the democrats are are the violent ones.
Over and over Republican speakers were going to guest and give their lecture at some gym / or lecture room at a campus.
Riots broke out ...windows smashed ...university cancelled the event.
What should of happened was riot police should if arrested the rioters ..be charged...throw them in jail for a month.
Let the right wing speaker give their 2 cents .
On secular universities it's taboo to give your right wing views...why?
Because if you try...riots will be formed to show protest.
 30 people smashing windows and lighting tires on fire ...throwing rocks...
Republicans are more calm than the %  of Democrats.
Why is that?
More democrats I assume conclude we are animals ..not humans.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #712 on: May 06, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »

funny, never seen any show up to a pro life rally dressed like this

you know things have it rock bottom when sean hannity calls you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO-BW-TUGyM
These guys all standing too close to each other.
All rookies ..
Don 't they know one grenade will kill them all or one blast from a machine gun.
Spread out boys.....and dig fox holes  !!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:16:02 PM by A-BOATER »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #713 on: May 06, 2020, 10:16:54 PM »

This guy is not a Republican in the vid  ;D
But memory serves me correctly it the democrats are are the violent ones.
Over and over Republican speakers were going to guest and give their lecture at some gym / or lecture room at a campus.
Riots broke out ...windows smashed ...university cancelled the event.
What should of happened was riot police should if arrested the rioters ..be charged...throw them in jail for a month.
Let the right wing speaker give their 2 cents .
On secular universities it's taboo to give your right wing views...why?
Because if you try...riots will be formed to show protest.
 30 people smashing windows and lighting tires on fire ...throwing rocks...
Republicans are more calm than the %  of Democrats.
Why is that?
More democrats I assume conclude we are animals ..not humans.

Conservatives derserve a voice. That was wrong what had happen to ben shapiro, jordan petterson and other conservative speakers. Free speech is essential to our social fabric. Just because you dont agree with someone doesn't mean they cant speak. No problems with debates just prepared to be challenged on your ideas or policies.

Where it ends though is where your bring weapons to a federal building and then have an idiot tell them their good people. Or when nurses need to block the road so ambulances can get through. These actions are disgraceful.

Most cities are having budget shortfalls. You think these mayors, premiers, governors and so on what to be in lockdown. They do this becaue they know the danger of hospitals being over run.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #714 on: May 06, 2020, 10:39:51 PM »

What media are you watching?
Have you ever seen an Antifa protest? How about a Pro-Choice protest? etc etc etc.
The lefties protests are the worst and most violent of them all.

Did you not see the protests when BJ won the election recently in the U.K.?
Did you not see the protests when Trump won back in 2016?

Where do you guys dream this stuff up?

Here is a 54 second wake up call for you
https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/571185563432892/

If you can't see the madness and hate in the 'lefties' on this one.....there is no help for you.

What makes me wonder is why its called a prager university but its not a real university. Just a conservative propaganda machine.

"PragerU is not a university or academic institution. It does not hold classes, does not grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PragerU

I get my media from a bunch of independent journalists. This way i recieve facts instead of opinions. Once i take it all in i come to my own conclusion based on the facts that have been presented.

Also dont waste your time giving me face book links. I dont do face book.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #715 on: May 06, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »

What makes me wonder is why its called a prager university but its not a real university. Just a conservative propaganda machine.

"PragerU is not a university or academic institution. It does not hold classes, does not grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PragerU

Nor is Trump University. ;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #716 on: May 07, 2020, 07:39:42 AM »

What difference?

There is no violence by Pro-Choice people in that video!

How about you acknowledge the anti-choice movement's decades long history of:

- violence
- murder
- attempted murder
- assault
- intimidation
- harassment &
- fraud

and stop try to whitewash it with phony videos
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:57:32 AM by RalphH »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #717 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:48 AM »

Its go time get out and fish and enjoy.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #718 on: May 08, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »

Well with all the bad news lately...Covid 19, shooter killing people in eastern Canada, etc...etc...
Decided to unwind and have 6 cold Lager beers yesterday in about 2 hours in the back yard ...side yard...and front yard....fallowed the sun's rays...a few big trees about ...our yard ,other yard....so trees block the sun....so my chair had to be moved.......
Plus had head phones  IPAD ...YT with Elvis gospel songs.  :)
Songs never sounded so good.
Drank lots of skim milk during night so zero hang over or whatever today.
Normally when it comes to beer 2 is my max.
Older and wiser (than those past excessive booze days)

But all this $$$ PM is throwing out there it seems daily...billions towards this...millions for that ...more billions for this then more millions for that ....
A total RED TAPE ...situation...apply for this apply for that....
Gov. office wkrs trying to figure it all out....
Just everyday gov. the office wkrs are swamped to keep it all together ....and now all this extra applications / red tape ???? Plus billions and billions of gov spending ???
Does it get put on a future tab for tax payers to pay back ???

Honestly it just seems to me it would be much easier if : 1) no one has to pay mortgages or rent at this time.  Freeze till people are allowed to go back to work.
2) free electricity / gas / water ...no property taxes ...etc...till people get back to work.
But homeowners / apts / renters must not abuse consumption ...stay on average of their prior bills.
3) free tv / phone / internet...but extras add to bill only...long distance calls...etc..
4) the only checks the gov. does is Food $$$.
1-2 in family you get this much $$$
3-4 in family you get this much
5-6 you get this much...
Pay via how many are living at that address.

But say a retired person is set up $$$ wise ...then no payment .
People still working no payment.

Feds should just be paying one cheque during this crisis....food $$$ if job is affected.
Other bills above frozen if you lost your job.

Seems more simple...

Robert_G

« Reply #719 on: May 08, 2020, 10:40:59 AM »

What difference?

Blind as usual.

There is no violence by Pro-Choice people in that video!

Never said there was. I said there was madness and hate.

How about you acknowledge the anti-choice movement's decades long history of:

- violence
- murder
- attempted murder
- assault
- intimidation
- harassment &
- fraud

I don't defend extremists, nor are any of the videos I posted about them.
Those videos from the Gun rights protest and Pro life protest are peaceful and have nothing to do with the list you posted
What do you try do hard to prove how blind you are?

and stop try to whitewash it with phony videos

Prove to me they are phony. You can't. They are the truth and we both know that truth doesn't fit the narrative (the same narrative which you also believe and live by)