Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195863 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #690 on: May 05, 2020, 11:38:51 AM »

Is that factual??
Hah  ;D , fishfull thinking  ;D
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #691 on: May 05, 2020, 11:41:26 AM »

It is, with the exception of fish in Port Hardy

If fishbc goes and dumps a bunch of fish into a stocked lake are they going to grow if no one is fishing for them? What about the fish already in the lake that now have to compete with twice as many fish? are they are going to grow?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #692 on: May 05, 2020, 12:26:15 PM »

I think by now most people get it. What I don't get is they encourage retailers to reopen their doors stating they never wanted the shut down, but only to use guidelines and common sense. In the mean time they ordered provincial parks to close to prevent large gatherings....If they think people can use common sense in confined places why can't they use it in wide open spaces? Why are they having such a hard time putting guidelines in place?  How hard is it to cordon off picnic areas, beaches, and play areas while giving access to trails and vast shorelines? If they're worried about violators, implement hefty fines in the thousands like they have in Ontario. Sometimes I feel, Dr. Bonnie Henry is liking the spotlight a little too much with her latest professor-like briefings and over the top analogy of current affairs. No one cares about statistical graphs, mathematical projections, and theoretical forecasts... and most don't even understand what she's trying to convey. After awhile, it becomes a broken record and the only flattening of the curve that's achieved is the attention span of the general public.

Lately it seems they're focusing more on the economy than the well being of the human psyche. If people at this point can't understand the importance of physical distancing and keeping their hands clean, they'll never get it.  Finally, if the reopening of businesses are encouraged then wouldn't that go against essential travel?

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #693 on: May 05, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »

In the mean time they ordered provincial parks to close to prevent large gatherings....

I believe they have closed them to prevent people from traveling. Lets be honest the second they open them is the second people from vancouver will be booking to go to them all over the province.

I agree tho it is pointless, I dont no if anyone has been up the harrison forest service roads but a buddy of mine said for the first 40 km people were camped in any little pull out they could find. he said he had to go 50km in before finding a spot.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #694 on: May 05, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »

I believe they have closed them to prevent people from traveling. Lets be honest the second they open them is the second people from vancouver will be booking to go to them all over the province.

I agree tho it is pointless, I dont no if anyone has been up the harrison forest service roads but a buddy of mine said for the first 40 km people were camped in any little pull out they could find. he said he had to go 50km in before finding a spot.

Well as you said, people are it doing anyway. I'm not suggesting they need to do a full blown opening. I'm only saying there has to be a proper balance to their approach. On one hand they want to encourage the reopening of businesses...on the other, they want to minimize essential travel. You can't have one without the other.

They want people to get fresh air using precautions, but don't want to rely solely on their common sense ....hence them taking precautionary measures by closing parks.

Everything they're doing right now is contradictory and needs to be revised or clarified to eliminate frustrations to the public.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #695 on: May 05, 2020, 01:01:45 PM »

i bet, personally i have written of this years local stuff. i have a few ideas off the beaten path but i am sure they will even be increased pressure. a friend of mine was camping at chehalis lake and said it was a cupcakes show.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #696 on: May 05, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »

Yes would of went fishing at Port Hardy but thats been cancelled.

same, was suppose to do a prawning trip in mcneil. hopefully my trip in early july can still go ahead.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2020, 01:08:23 PM »

Yup beer and yard work 👍

x2 with a little bit of car maintenance on the side. least i can still go for a rip.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #698 on: May 05, 2020, 03:16:08 PM »

Yup beer and yard work 👍
Eat DRINK and be merry for tomorrow we die ( by Covid 19 that is )

In time it will pick us all off like .....3 snipers with barrels of ammo.
1 sniper 8 hr shift ...
How many Covid 19 bullets hit the target  in 24 hrs ?
20,000 world wide....5000 deaths.
That 's up from yesterday sniper #2 says...
Try to be positive.....
Infections going up but easing the rules....Why? Because people are sick and tired being at home...they want to take their chances ...and get out of the house....hey it's May ....after June 21 the days get shorter .....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:17:40 PM by A-BOATER »

4x4

« Reply #699 on: May 05, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »

Lots of guys out fishing for sturgeon right now

Yes,
Going over the Port Mann a few hrs ago I saw 4 boats anchored.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #700 on: May 05, 2020, 05:21:08 PM »

Infections going up but easing the rules....Why? Because people are sick and tired being at home...they want to take their chances ...and get out of the house....hey it's May ....after June 21 the days get shorter .....

These are the times we live in my friend. Growing up in the early 70's, we played in the dirt, ate our lunch without washing our hands rolled around in filth while playing kick the can and didn't think twice about catching a cold while playing in the rain. Nowadays kids spend no time outside, walk around with hand sanitizers in their back pack, and need flu vaccines to get them through the colder months.

The point is we need to change our attitude towards the way we do things, not seclude to the extent of paralyzation. No one wants to get sick, but if it's about drawing guidelines there has to be a symbiotic relationship between the preservation of life and living life itself.
Even the health authorities and government realizes we can't continue to live like this, especially when they're unsure how long it will take to come up with a viable vaccine. Either way, we're all stuck between a rock and a hard place.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #701 on: May 05, 2020, 10:51:20 PM »

How times change...your right it all seemed more simple then.
As ya say people did "whatever...and did not worry about all these bugs going around"

Now with world travel millions ..fly anywhere in the world and return in 3-4 days or 2 week vacations...then it seems the bugs get spread all over the world in 24 hrs.
Travel Agencies do not tell you the fake booze in some resorts....
Or sleeping bug that may bite you....and it gets into blood stream...yrs later it attacks organs of your body....or the virus going around ....
World travel just spreads bugs 24/7 365 days a yr.

( we do not tell tourists about wood tick bites either...)
Or 3 ladies walking on the sand on Jamaica beaches...bare footed.
Stray dogs crap / pi .....and it gets into the sand....walk on it and worms go through skin.

Big worms grow in the foot...plus gets into blood stream....( story 2-3 yrs ago on local tv )

But in 40 yrs if the world still exists ...these teens will be telling the people in 2060 ..well we did this way in 2020.....
Ya maybe the sports fishing in 2060 will be : this year there is a two week opening for sports fishing Sept 1 to 14. 
Up a week from 2059.
Sports guys will be happy about that !!! An extra week goodie goodie.

Story of a nurse who got the idea to have IPads in rooms of Covid 19 patients .
This way they can listen to music movies and have live talks / see loved ones on the screen.
Next best thing than being there....
Covid 19 is invisible so it's just so easy to forget to be careful...wish it glowed in the dark and sparked in the day ...then it would be easy to avoid.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #702 on: May 06, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdt_7Vz5Ro

well said. again i worry about the right wing violence if trump loses the next election. one thing that cant be denied is a small fraction on the right turn violent and are mentally unstable. their are a few on the left who are unstable as well but very rarely turn violent.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #703 on: May 06, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »

well said. again i worry about the right wing violence if trump loses the next election. one thing that cant be denied is a small fraction on the right turn violent and are mentally unstable. their are a few on the left who are unstable as well but very rarely turn violent.

X2

Robert_G

« Reply #704 on: May 06, 2020, 12:23:55 PM »

What media are you watching?
Have you ever seen an Antifa protest? How about a Pro-Choice protest? etc etc etc.
The lefties protests are the worst and most violent of them all.

Did you not see the protests when BJ won the election recently in the U.K.?
Did you not see the protests when Trump won back in 2016?

Where do you guys dream this stuff up?

Here is a 54 second wake up call for you
https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/571185563432892/

This next one is a pro choice vs pro life
https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/1066458080375974/
If you can't see the madness and hate in the 'lefties' on this one.....there is no help for you.