Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195850 times)

iblly

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #676 on: May 04, 2020, 07:16:53 PM »

will Covid 19 shut down fishing opportunities ? Yes, I was supposed to be at Tunkwa lake for seven days last week. A trip I started 47years ago with my father and continued even after he passed. Thought I’d post this to steer away from what has become a dumpster fire of a topic. Anyone else missed any trips ?

Robert_G

« Reply #677 on: May 04, 2020, 07:27:22 PM »

Nope....many tackle shops are reporting that no one from the LM is getting a hard time from anyone in the Princeton/Merrit/Kamloops area this year. Tonnes of guys are going fly fishing right now. But if you try to stay overnight....that's apparently where the problems start. Also, if they see 4 of you in one boat, you better be living under the same roof. Other than that, it's Stillwater season as usual.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #678 on: May 04, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »

......would be nice to take the boat and the grandkids to stave,allouete or chilliwack soon.....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

arimaBOATER

« Reply #679 on: May 04, 2020, 08:18:55 PM »

......would be nice to take the boat and the grandkids to stave,allouete or chilliwack soon.....
Been on Alouette  and Chilliwack lakes many moons ago...as after mainly fished salt...
From memory the south end had old trees under the surface of the water in a large area?
Is my memory right on this?
Thinking good place to get snagged.
Chilliwack was no limit on Kokenees ...40 caught even...
Big dollies on ford fender ..troll set up.
That ford fender really bend the rod.
Deep lake ..at that time word was fish more 1/3 south-west side of lake.
Think it is in this area somewhere a SUV went off the road into a lake 4x4 road I guess.
Did not catch news lately but heard alittle.
But never fished Stave Lake.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #680 on: May 04, 2020, 09:08:11 PM »

There were many Liberals and Democrats that couldn't stand Obama and/or Hillary too. Lots of liberals can't stand JT either. What's are you trying to say?

LOL!

If you look at Presidential approval/disapproval polling - 10 to 25% of voters registered as Republicans do not approve of Trump at any given times. That's on the order of 3 to 7 million depending how much of an idiot he makes of himself.

Compare that to registered Democrats who approve Trump in the range of 5 to 10%.

Before he even thought of running for the Republican nomination it was widely recognized that Trump, as a business person,  was as close to corrupt as they come, that's why Alan Lichtman who predicted Trumps election in 2016 (and every Presidential winner for the previous 8 elections) also predicted he would be impeached in his first term, which he was.

Yes there were Liberals  & Dems who didn't like Obama or Hillary (neither was or is a Liberal, particularly in US terms), that's a natural part of politics, but try to find many who voted for McCain, Romney or Trump.

Of course you'll never understand.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:52:28 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #681 on: May 05, 2020, 06:14:58 AM »

And right back to the dumpster fire. Oh well I tried.

4x4

« Reply #682 on: May 05, 2020, 10:02:07 AM »

will Covid 19 shut down fishing opportunities ? Yes, I was supposed to be at Tunkwa lake for seven days last week. A trip I started 47years ago with my father and continued even after he passed. Thought I’d post this to steer away from what has become a dumpster fire of a topic. Anyone else missed any trips ?

Missed many so far.

2 interior annual fly fishing trips and many on my boat fishing for Sturgeon. Hate staring at my tarped boat waiting for things to get better. Oh well, lots of yard work and craft beer to consume. ;)

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #683 on: May 05, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »

Yup beer and yard work 👍

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #684 on: May 05, 2020, 10:20:15 AM »

Normally have our trailer at Cultus from April to September but that’s closed so I missed a bunch of April steelheading on the vedder as well.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #685 on: May 05, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »

Yes , missed opportunity this season at a favorite lake . I was booked in for next week however . The earliest it will be open , according to there website is June 1st. . The Park that is . May not open the resort .
Better safe than sorry . Fish aren't going anywhere , Just getting bigger  :) .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #686 on: May 05, 2020, 11:25:45 AM »

Yes would of went fishing at Port Hardy but thats been cancelled.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #687 on: May 05, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

Fish aren't going anywhere , Just getting bigger  :) .

Is that factual??

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #688 on: May 05, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »

Is that factual??
It is, with the exception of fish in Port Hardy

Robert_G

« Reply #689 on: May 05, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »

Missed many so far.

2 interior annual fly fishing trips and many on my boat fishing for Sturgeon. Hate staring at my tarped boat waiting for things to get better. Oh well, lots of yard work and craft beer to consume. ;)

Lots of guys out fishing for sturgeon right now