Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195838 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #660 on: May 04, 2020, 03:31:11 PM »

Can we plz be done with the all bible and gawd hogwash already!

Believe what you like, but enough already.....

lol... Sorry. As annoying as this thread may be, I left it up because I am fascinated by the racism, homophobia, misogyny, just the need to control in general being displayed by the minority in this country. It's kind of funny, and sad at the same time, that there are individuals who are so scared, insecure and desperate to have others to validate their own being and beliefs. And when that fails, the toxic display of belittling and that false sense of dominance emerge immediately.

essyoo

« Reply #661 on: May 04, 2020, 03:33:21 PM »

You sir, just displayed the poster boy attitude of the 3 'I's; 'intolerant' 'ignorant' 'indoctrinated'.

Please walk me down the path with you to reach this conclusion.

Intolerant because I suggested you expand your information gathering to include more than things that reaffirm your toxic world view?

Ignorant because I question absolutes rather than take them at face value? To employ even the smallest degree of critical thinking?

Indoctrinated into what? The idea that society could be higher functioning than it currently is? Sure, I guess?

Please stop communicating only in logical fallacies and try to gain a sliver of self awareness. Again, I trust that you won't, but I hope you do and find happiness.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »

I prayed that A-BOATER and Robert_G won't post anymore about God and religion. So far HE has not responded. Guess there is no God after all  ;)

Robert_G

« Reply #663 on: May 04, 2020, 03:39:36 PM »

lets see any canadian politician bring in anti abortion laws. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. another trudeau win in the making.

I'm not even going to try to disagree with you on this one. You're 100% correct. Canadians are NEVER going to vote in a party with a platform that includes making abortion illegal. Those days are long over.

That doesn't change the fact that God commanded all human beings to protect the innocent, the vulnerable, and the helpless.
Anyone who agrees or believes that murdering unborn children should be legal most definitely has a special place in hell waiting for them if they don't repent.

Please walk me down the path with you to reach this conclusion.

Intolerant because I suggested you expand your information gathering to include more than things that reaffirm your toxic world view?

Ignorant because I question absolutes rather than take them at face value? To employ even the smallest degree of critical thinking?

Indoctrinated into what? The idea that society could be higher functioning than it currently is? Sure, I guess?

I'll just shorten the quote for you
if you support 45 or the GOP you're either dealing with mental/emotional issues or a terrible human being.

You just labeled half the American population according to your own self absorbed beliefs.
I can't help you any further if you don't see the 3 'I's in that.

Robert_G

« Reply #664 on: May 04, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »

I prayed that A-BOATER and Robert_G won't post anymore about God and religion. So far HE has not responded. Guess there is no God after all  ;)

Oh...He will respond....when you are at His judgement seat and it's too late to repent.
Do not mock God. You're on thin ice doing that.

essyoo

« Reply #665 on: May 04, 2020, 03:49:44 PM »

I stand by it.
Fully supporting a person who is openly racist, misogynist, a consistent and unabashed criminal, willing to murder tens (soon hundreds) of thousands of people to fill his and his friends bank accounts (this list could go on and on), all while having the easiest access to facts in human history, makes you either willingly ignorant or on board with his motives. Either one makes you a bad person and, equally so, a bad christian.

Nobody is beyond help or change and I do honestly hope you one day gain awareness of just how destructive your world view is. I am sorry you had some trauma in your life that lead you both to this.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #666 on: May 04, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »

I'm not even going to try to disagree with you on this one. You're 100% correct. Canadians are NEVER going to vote in a party with a platform that includes making abortion illegal. Those days are long over.

That doesn't change the fact that God commanded all human beings to protect the innocent, the vulnerable, and the helpless.
Anyone who agrees or believes that murdering unborn children should be legal most definitely has a special place in hell waiting for them if they don't repent.

I'll just shorten the quote for you
You just labeled half the American population according to your own self absorbed beliefs.

robert, do you believe in the separation of church and state? honest question.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #667 on: May 04, 2020, 04:04:59 PM »

Oddly enough this wacky thread is providing me some sanity during these crazy times. 

Interesting to see all the different views and "fact" presented.  Some have made me think and some have made me giggle.

Robert_G

« Reply #668 on: May 04, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »

robert, do you believe in the separation of church and state? honest question.

Yes, but the answer is more complicated then just a 'yes' or 'no'.

We live in a secular world. What that means is Jesus told those who were His that we are not considered to have citizenship in this world. My citizenship is in heaven. What that means is that we are here for a little while to be ambassadors for God...our main purpose is to proclaim the Gospel to the unsaved. Not all Christians fully agree on the entirety of what that means. The Apostle Paul point blank said that Christians "are not to get involved in the affairs of the world".
That generally means that we shouldn't protest things that are only political. However, when Christians stand up against abortion and things of that nature, that is NOT what Paul was teaching against. As ambassadors for God we are to try and influence the world with His morals and truth....but at the same time not take control of the world....nor should be try or desire to rule over it. This is a very straight forward teaching in scripture....and sadly as we all know through the years, that command has been abused....even by well meaning Christians....keep in mind we are far from perfect.

With that all said, Christians still have to put in up to 100 years or so on this earth. We still want to live our lives and have our freedom to believe in what we do. So whenever possible, we do what we can to influence the rest of the world to what God's morals and truth are. We are commanded to do this. Commanded to influence, not control or rule....or in many cases......even get involved in the affairs of the world at all.

This requires a fine balancing act....I don't know any Christians who are perfect at it or even close. Christians are full of energy (or at least should be) to do God's work and spread the gospel where they can....and sometimes we go to far....but most times not far enough....again....a balancing act that takes time and spiritual maturity to figure out.

I hope that answers your question.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #669 on: May 04, 2020, 04:54:55 PM »

lol... Sorry. As annoying as this thread may be, I left it up because I am fascinated by the racism, homophobia, misogyny, just the need to control in general being displayed by the minority in this country. It's kind of funny, and sad at the same time, that there are individuals who are so scared, insecure and desperate to have others to validate their own being and beliefs. And when that fails, the toxic display of belittling and that false sense of dominance emerge immediately.

Rodney allowed me to vent after all these yrs...on other websites fishing or whatever I'd be banned by now..me thinks.

But know when these crazy times are over ..Covid 19 ...this site will get back to it 's usual topics and my ranting will stop...well maybe a quick tiny short weeny few words at Christmas and Easter. 2x a yr only.
Ya ya ya. Promise.

Plus Rodney has allowed us Robert and I to give our views as we have come to see it...not watered down. Hell fire and brimstone even.

This whole area is Discussion so any topic should be allowed ever so often but sure like the extra lee-way lately.
Politics or religion or green beans make your hair grow "whatever"...
Maybe we should thank Pres. Mr D Trump for bringing faith into the mainstream.
Obama is so in on himself ...he likes to hear the cheers.

But if other FWR members stop posting on faith ...my reaction to post will cease.
I'll just stick to Covid 19 ...

Do I believe in miracles ? Of course the earth zooming and rotating is a miracle and sunsets...by God's power.
And Rodney allowing me to have my say for his reasons...annoying or whatever is a miracle!!!  :) :) :)

Possibly deep inside his heart he's possibly " considing  " hey maybe Robert and A boater have a point....hmmmmmm...

FA prayed to God for us not to talk about religion but we still are ...so you assume God does not exist.
 ;D
FA God only answers prayers if it's in His Will.
When it's a prayer request against His Will ...He says  "No"  ;)

Anyways love you FA and all FWR members...with the love of The Lord.

You all are not agreeing with my points and that's ok ...
If you believed everything I posted you would all be like puppets...then fall for anything anyone said.

But hopefully you will keep one eye open the other one closed...maybe one day you will come to the time and pray...

God keeps knocking everyday on your heart's door.
Some open the door ...others may take longer ...others more longer ...but hopefully they open it one day ...even if it's on the death bed ...it's not too late .  :)

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #670 on: May 04, 2020, 06:02:43 PM »

It's nothing for mr lucifer / demons to transform themselves to look like an ufo or alien creature...

.......or an orange turd in a blue suit.....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #671 on: May 04, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »

Totally backwards Ralph. You are the guy top left. You are the one that believes everything the liberals feed you.

Fact checked again eh RG? ::)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #672 on: May 04, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »

Plus Rodney has allowed us Robert and I to give our views 

As much as Rod doesn't particularly like me, I do appreciate him allowing us to keep some good discussion going even though it's off topic a bit...so thumbs up to him for that.

I almost got banned recently at FlyBC for literally quoting something from the conservative party platform. No idea what the deal was there, but some of those mods are Nazi Mods there.
That being said, I have to give Rod some respect for allowing people to have the freedom to speak their beliefs and opinions here even when others are on complete opposite sides.
Again...thanks Rod for allowing that regardless of how much I disagree with your opinion on most things.

Robert_G

« Reply #673 on: May 04, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »

Fact checked again eh RG? ::)

Nah....it had you written all over it. I just copied and paste.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.