Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195862 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »

I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

Meme 1. Fact. The JT resume has been accurately fact checked. That is indeed his resume....the whole thing

that's not a resume ... so much for facts.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #571 on: April 29, 2020, 05:02:19 PM »

It's a message without content, just empty opinion - like your original post.  ;D

Or like your head  ;)

Cheers

hammer

« Reply #572 on: April 29, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »

I thought ralph did a good job of framing the political  perspective of the article writer. Almost all forms of public communication has an agenda or purpose. Really what what have here are some people who agree politically. Virtually every political party or politician has has issues. Most of us find  some sort of reconciliation between our needs, our values, and how good or bad we perceive the person or party to be. ..we vote accordingly.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #573 on: April 29, 2020, 05:14:48 PM »

Or like your head  ;)

Cheers

I don't have a problem in my head, how about you?

I also love a Gershwin tune!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #574 on: April 29, 2020, 05:26:22 PM »

that's not a resume ... so much for facts.

Really Ralph??
That may not be an actual printed resume off of JT's computer, but you know as well as I do, that is what his work experience is....nothing less nothing more.
You just love to avoid the big picture and spew the topic with useless details when you know you're wrong.
Another typical tactic of the progressive left....not one that works or that anyone pays attention too.....but still a typical tactic they use.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #575 on: April 29, 2020, 05:38:10 PM »

Really Ralph??
That may not be an actual printed resume ...

Enough said - it's not.

You know RG 20+ years ago I defended you when someone else online called you stupid. I thought despite what you wrote you were probably quite smart.

I have to say I admire your tenacity all these years in trying to prove me wrong .

Still rooting for yah!

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #576 on: April 29, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »

I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

Meme 1. Fact. The JT resume has been accurately fact checked. That is indeed his resume....the whole thing
Meme 2. Educated Opinion based on observation. Anyone with a brain knows he's the most incompetent treasonous PM to ever lead Canada.
Meme 3. Fact. Everyone knows he won't leave his house. He has also been trying to limit parliament as much as possible so he can stay there. He is a coward.
Meme 4. Fact. No one in their right mind would say that JT meeting his family for Easter is false news. He did it....and everyone knows he did it. He admitted it on the morning conference with no apology for being a hypocrite.
Meme 5. Fact. He is renovating his house with taxpayers money. He's not even denying it when asked. Why won't you believe what even JT has said live on TV what he is doing?
Meme 6. Fact. Although the progressive left has watered it down to make it seem less evil than what it actually is....but nonetheless....he has done all those things. The morning news conferences have seen him questioned on everyone of those things. He denied NONE of them. Carbon Tax went up 50% on April 1st. No other world leader has raised taxes during this pandemic.

Get your head out of the sand and wake up. It's because of clueless people like you, that we have people like him leading this country.

meme #1 this is a resume

Trudeau has a bachelor of arts degree in literature from McGill University and a bachelor of education degree from the University of British Columbia. In his first year at McGill, Trudeau became acquainted with his future Principal Secretary Gerald Butts, through their mutual friend, Jonathan Ablett.[78] Butts invited Trudeau to join the McGill Debating Union.[79] They bonded while driving back to Montreal after a debate tournament at Princeton University[78] in which the Princeton team included Ted Cruz, a U.S. Senator, who was a candidate for the U.S. Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2016.[80] After graduation, Trudeau stayed in Vancouver where he became a substitute teacher at local schools and worked permanently as a French and math teacher at the private West Point Grey Academy. He became a roommate at the Douglas Lodge[81] with fellow West Point Grey Academy faculty member and friend Christopher Ingvaldson.[78][82] From 2002 to 2004, he studied engineering at the École Polytechnique de Montréal, a part of the Université de Montréal.[83] He started a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill, but withdrew from the program to seek public office among other reasons.[84]

meme # 2 opinion. that was easy

meme # 3  people have been told to work from home if possible. i am sure hes not the only mp who feels this way.

meme # 4 yes that is ture, can someone really blame him for wanting to see his young children in 3 weeks. i sure dont. if you want to be mad about that, its up to the individual.

meme # 5 the house or houses in need of renovation he does not own.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harrington-lake-renovations-ncc-1.5535502

A 2017 audit found the prime minister's official residences – both 24 Sussex Drive and Harrington Lake – are in "critical" condition. The NCC, the crown corporation responsible for the federal government's official residences, said it required a one-time injection of $83 million over 10 years to address maintenance issues that have been deferred for several years.

meme # 6 that is true. the carbon tax did go up as april 1.

see thats not to hard.

hammer

« Reply #577 on: April 29, 2020, 06:05:53 PM »

I thought we were talking about covid shutting down fishing opportunities. If people are going off topic, I will talk about Tiger King. I am feeling that things will open up after May long, at least a little bit. It’s not like we forming a scrum in rugby.

Robert_G

« Reply #578 on: April 29, 2020, 06:30:10 PM »

meme #1 this is a resume

Trudeau has a bachelor of arts degree in literature from McGill University and a bachelor of education degree from the University of British Columbia. In his first year at McGill, Trudeau became acquainted with his future Principal Secretary Gerald Butts, through their mutual friend, Jonathan Ablett.[78] Butts invited Trudeau to join the McGill Debating Union.[79] They bonded while driving back to Montreal after a debate tournament at Princeton University[78] in which the Princeton team included Ted Cruz, a U.S. Senator, who was a candidate for the U.S. Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2016.[80] After graduation, Trudeau stayed in Vancouver where he became a substitute teacher at local schools and worked permanently as a French and math teacher at the private West Point Grey Academy. He became a roommate at the Douglas Lodge[81] with fellow West Point Grey Academy faculty member and friend Christopher Ingvaldson.[78][82] From 2002 to 2004, he studied engineering at the École Polytechnique de Montréal, a part of the Université de Montréal.[83] He started a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill, but withdrew from the program to seek public office among other reasons.[84]

Not enough to be PM....not even close...and you didn't add anything that would be considered work experience to qualify him as PM.

meme # 3  people have been told to work from home if possible. i am sure hes not the only mp who feels this way.

He's the PM in a freaking global pandemic....He doesn't get that luxury.....are you for real?

meme # 4 yes that is ture, can someone really blame him for wanting to see his young children in 3 weeks. i sure dont. if you want to be mad about that, its up to the individual.
Because he told everyone else NOT to. He's a hypocrite. Are you seriously that blind that you can't see a problem with this situation? Many polls were taken and the majority of Canadians were very upset that he made a separate set of rules for himself.

meme # 5 the house or houses in need of renovation he does not own.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harrington-lake-renovations-ncc-1.5535502

A 2017 audit found the prime minister's official residences – both 24 Sussex Drive and Harrington Lake – are in "critical" condition. The NCC, the crown corporation responsible for the federal government's official residences, said it required a one-time injection of $83 million over 10 years to address maintenance issues that have been deferred for several years.

Most contracting experts have said Sussex should be bulldozed. 83 million to renovate is a waste of taxpayers money. As for his residence, why should the PM be living in a house that needs millions in renos? Just because he is PM doesn't entitle him to live in a 10 million dollar + home that he didn't pay for.

meme # 6 that is true. the carbon tax did go up as april 1.

And the fact that he's raising taxes and no other country in the world is during this pandemic doesn't bother you? Again....He's the worst PM EVER.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #579 on: April 29, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »

Down in Washington our stay-at-home order is going to be extended past May 4, but we don't know how long yet.  But the good news is that almost all  fishing is scheduled to reopen on May 5, and I have never been more ready for spring trout and kokanee.  I bought a pontoon boat that I'm itching to use for the first time - no more worrying about crowded beaches and docks.  I'll see if I can properly troll for kokanee with just my oars, if not, I've already scoped out an electric trolling motor and battery and even a small downrigger I can mount on the pontoon. 

I've got all the gear I need and then some, but I feel bad for the tackle shops that can't open even though fishing will be open.  People will have no choice but to buy online or go to Wal-mart or Fred Meyer, which are open because they sell groceries and are therefore "essential".  I know our local tackle shops have been struggling for years now with the failed runs and fishing closures that have become more common - this is just another blow they don't need.  I really hope they can survive this. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #580 on: April 29, 2020, 07:03:42 PM »

Not enough to be PM....not even close...and you didn't add anything that would be considered work experience to qualify him as PM.

Enough to be a 2 term prime minister. What experience does Andrew Scheer have to be PM ? That's a rhetorical question because he's moving out from Stornaway in the next few months.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #581 on: April 29, 2020, 07:18:14 PM »

Down in Washington our stay-at-home order is going to be extended past May 4, but we don't know how long yet.  But the good news is that almost all  fishing is scheduled to reopen on May 5, and I have never been more ready for spring trout and kokanee.  I bought a pontoon boat that I'm itching to use for the first time - no more worrying about crowded beaches and docks.  I'll see if I can properly troll for kokanee with just my oars, if not, I've already scoped out an electric trolling motor and battery and even a small downrigger I can mount on the pontoon. 

I've got all the gear I need and then some, but I feel bad for the tackle shops that can't open even though fishing will be open.  People will have no choice but to buy online or go to Wal-mart or Fred Meyer, which are open because they sell groceries and are therefore "essential".  I know our local tackle shops have been struggling for years now with the failed runs and fishing closures that have become more common - this is just another blow they don't need.  I really hope they can survive this.

I think Dave’s in Lynden is opening soon

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #582 on: April 29, 2020, 08:03:49 PM »

He's the PM in a freaking global pandemic....He doesn't get that luxury.....are you for real?
Because he told everyone else NOT to. He's a hypocrite. Are you seriously that blind that you can't see a problem with this situation? Many polls were taken and the majority of Canadians were very upset that he made a separate set of rules for himself.

Most contracting experts have said Sussex should be bulldozed. 83 million to renovate is a waste of taxpayers money. As for his residence, why should the PM be living in a house that needs millions in renos? Just because he is PM doesn't entitle him to live in a 10 million dollar + home that he didn't pay for.

And the fact that he's raising taxes and no other country in the world is during this pandemic doesn't bother you? Again....He's the worst PM EVER.

cool story bro

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #583 on: April 29, 2020, 08:14:41 PM »

thats great its opening again. its important to be able to enjoy nature. helps heal us.

i haven't fished much in the past few weeks. been one massive spring clean of the house for me, that and planting vegetables in the garden. im getting the itch to do some indicator fishing and check a few rivers out for some summers.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #584 on: April 29, 2020, 08:19:14 PM »

thats great its opening again. its important to be able to enjoy nature. helps heal us.

i haven't fished much in the past few weeks. been one massive spring clean of the house for me, that and planting vegetables in the garden. im getting the itch to do some indicator fishing and check a few rivers out for some summers.

Went to the Vedder on Monday.  No fish for me but great to be out again.  Forgot about the madness for Half a day.