Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195849 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #555 on: April 29, 2020, 03:36:01 PM »

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the sky was blue. You already know those memes are truth. Stop wasting my time.

actually i would believe you if you told me the sky was blue because that is a fact. what i dont believe is some stupid memes with no facts to back them up. as far as i am concern you are wasting your own time voluntarily.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #556 on: April 29, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »

Unfortunately, Canada completely coupled its response to COVID-19 to what the WHO was saying, even though their own experts had warned against that.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeaus-feds-ignored-their-own-advice-as-covid-hit-canada/wcm/6cda7645-9e0e-4128-a607-f72709fb8156

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #557 on: April 29, 2020, 03:44:49 PM »

It's an opinion piece and the report  referenced came out of what is now Tam's office. Lilley doesn't even bother to go to any factual reporting where Tam's office has erred.

No one, not you for example, bother to mention direct authority over public health response lies with the Provinces and their local and Regional Health authorities not with the Federal Government
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2020, 03:45:29 PM »

actually i would believe you if you told me the sky was blue because that is a fact. what i dont believe is some stupid memes with no facts to back them up. as far as i am concern you are wasting your own time voluntarily.

It's not blue today. Just kind of grey.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »

Unfortunately, Canada completely coupled its response to COVID-19 to what the WHO was saying, even though their own experts had warned against that.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeaus-feds-ignored-their-own-advice-as-covid-hit-canada/wcm/6cda7645-9e0e-4128-a607-f72709fb8156

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Lilley

"Lilley is a conservative commentator through his writings and television appearances. He has discussed topics such as the perceived shortcomings of elected governments, social conservatism, government spending and use of tax revenue, and the culture of political correctness. Lilley is a regular critic of the CBC, and has published a book criticizing that organization's mandate and activities"

i am not taking away from his work, nor am i denying this article. just though people should know his back ground and make their own decisions.

robert posted nothing of covid 19 in his memes and i am not denying governments around the world handled this perfectly. we have weathered it better than our southern neoghbors and thats all we really have to compare it too geographically. trudeau gave people $2000 a month to people that lost their jobs to this virus. trump gave a one time payment of $1200. wtf is $1200 going to do you our renting in seattle and you have been forced to stay home for 3 months.

my work hours have been reduced 10% but now as of yesterday the government is helping pick up the tab and we are now back to full time.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »

It's not blue today. Just kind of grey.

my garden would be a lot happier if it was blue

Robert_G

« Reply #561 on: April 29, 2020, 03:59:18 PM »

I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

Meme 1. Fact. The JT resume has been accurately fact checked. That is indeed his resume....the whole thing
Meme 2. Educated Opinion based on observation. Anyone with a brain knows he's the most incompetent treasonous PM to ever lead Canada.
Meme 3. Fact. Everyone knows he won't leave his house. He has also been trying to limit parliament as much as possible so he can stay there. He is a coward.
Meme 4. Fact. No one in their right mind would say that JT meeting his family for Easter is false news. He did it....and everyone knows he did it. He admitted it on the morning conference with no apology for being a hypocrite.
Meme 5. Fact. He is renovating his house with taxpayers money. He's not even denying it when asked. Why won't you believe what even JT has said live on TV what he is doing?
Meme 6. Fact. Although the progressive left has watered it down to make it seem less evil than what it actually is....but nonetheless....he has done all those things. The morning news conferences have seen him questioned on everyone of those things. He denied NONE of them. Carbon Tax went up 50% on April 1st. No other world leader has raised taxes during this pandemic.

Get your head out of the sand and wake up. It's because of clueless people like you, that we have people like him leading this country.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #562 on: April 29, 2020, 04:06:36 PM »

Your avatar says all that needs to be said: "I don't even own a fishing rod. I'm just a troll"

Robert_G

« Reply #563 on: April 29, 2020, 04:08:33 PM »

Your avatar says all that needs to be said: "I don't even own a fishing rod. I'm just a troll"

It does say that,

but I actually own about 25 or so rod/reel combos.
Would you like to buy my Bar Fishing equipment for cheap. It has an inch of dust on it.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #564 on: April 29, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »

lol... angry, white, middle aged male, triggered. (edit) Fact
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:19:19 PM by big_fish »

Robert_G

« Reply #565 on: April 29, 2020, 04:17:01 PM »

lol... angry, white, middle aged male, triggered.

Right back at you.

Can't dispute facts, so you change over to personal attacks. Typical.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #566 on: April 29, 2020, 04:18:52 PM »

Oh no, the Godly Robert feels attacked because he doesn't attack at all, straight to heaven after all the good deeds right? ;)

Hold on, editing my previous post.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #567 on: April 29, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

State of emergency extended for two more weeks.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6882974/premier-john-horgan-coronavirus-state-of-emergency/

Great to see what New Zealand has done through good leadership though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXbUQw6ea6M

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #568 on: April 29, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

It's an opinion piece and the report  referenced came out of what is now Tam's office. Lilley doesn't even bother to go to any factual reporting where Tam's office has erred.

Typical deflection from you Ralphie Ol' Chapped Lips.
Can't formally attack the message with facts, attack the messenger.
Kind of a boring old tactic, but when one considers just whom it is coming from, not even slightly surprising...

Have a nice eve!
Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #569 on: April 29, 2020, 04:57:58 PM »

It's a message without content, just empty opinion - like your original post.  ;D