Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195863 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #540 on: April 29, 2020, 11:11:16 AM »

TDS = Trudeau Derangement Syndrome

Come on Rod...wake up

Lets start with his resume that no one seemed to care about when they elected this incompetent fool.

Next let's see what he does each day at work.

or wait....depends if he is at work

except when he's enjoying his weekend after telling the rest of us to stay home and not visit our families...but it's ok for him to visit his.

Time to get back to renovating his house....oh wait....who's going to pay for that?

But Trump is the real problem...let's talk about him

Oh wait.....that was about JT...not Trump.....whoops
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »

The deflection didn't work Laddie.

Address the MANY times she screwed up royally individually of you would like.
Did not say I doubted her credentials or history, simply her competence (lack thereof as the case may be) in this particular situation.
Something she has done well is to indicate just that.

As for her "relationship" with the WHO - dig a little deeper son, you'll eventually figure that one out.   ;)

Finally your backpedaling on the race / sex issue doesn't cut it either.
That, as written, was an attempt to apply partisan "blame" to the "right" in order to smear them as a whole. Blatantly obvious for anyone with a smattering of reading comprehension skills.
You simply have to get a little better at the latter before anyone is going to swallow that little pill Ralphie Me Lad...

Cheerio...
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #542 on: April 29, 2020, 11:29:07 AM »

Now stooping to stealing and twisting from the opposition?
Poor spirit Old Man, REALLY poor that is.

Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2020, 12:18:37 PM »

The deflection didn't work Laddie.

Address the MANY times she screwed up royally individually of you would like.
Did not say I doubted her credentials or history, simply her competence (lack thereof as the case may be) in this particular situation.
Something she has done well is to indicate just that.

As for her "relationship" with the WHO - dig a little deeper son, you'll eventually figure that one out.   ;)

Finally your backpedaling on the race / sex issue doesn't cut it either.
That, as written, was an attempt to apply partisan "blame" to the "right" in order to smear them as a whole. Blatantly obvious for anyone with a smattering of reading comprehension skills.
You simply have to get a little better at the latter before anyone is going to swallow that little pill Ralphie Me Lad...

Cheerio...
Nog

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »

Now stooping to stealing and twisting from the opposition?
Poor spirit Old Man, REALLY poor that is.

Nog

hypocrisy - it's sauce sauce for the gander

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »

hypocrisy - it's sauce sauce for the gander

LOL! It's something Ralphie Me Boy, it's something.

Most excellent to see you stooping so low. Proving once again just who you are!

Cheers,
Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »

turnabout is fair play.

If one were to check Dr Henry's background she was directly employed by WHO as part of their Polio eradication project in Pakistan and in Uganda during the Ebola outbreak.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/biographies

Yet people make so much air about Tam's connection to WHO.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »

If one were to check Dr Henry's background she was directly employed by WHO as part of their Polio eradication project in Pakistan and in Uganda during the Ebola outbreak.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/biographies

Yet people make so much air about Tam's connection to WHO.

And indeed Dr. Henry did "write the book" on dealing with pandemic situations following her efforts with the SARS outbreak.

The difference between the two is that Bonnie trusted her own judgement and instincts in this regard once she understood the magnitude of the problem. And Tam bought into the WHO propaganda (while understanding the limitations and intentional misdirection from China) lock, stock and barrel - providing erroneous advice and information on multiple occasions.

Huge difference. And why BC is where it is today while the easterners who followed Tam, Trudeau and the graphics arts designer are on a significantly different path...

Cheers,
Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2020, 01:36:06 PM »

IN I believe not too many weeks ago you dismissed BC's apparent success in handling the pandemic outbreak as due to coincidence and luck and ot so much to Dr Henry's expertise. If you've had a sudden change of heart maybe you can explain why?

I am not too sure where you get the claim she 'wrote the book' on pandemics following SARS? She was a an associate with Toronto Public health at the time and one of a number of Public Health Drs that dealt with the SARS outbreak. Perhaps from an interview published Jan 31st?

In her own words:

" [I was] responsible mostly for communicable diseases and vaccine programs for one quarter of Toronto. I also had oversight and provided medical support for a number of the sexual-health clinics Toronto ran."

At the time she used her authority to close a hospital where some of the first SARS victims were patients and again in her own words

" We realized it was being transmitted. Patients and health-care workers were incubating this disease and transmitting it to others. So, essentially, I closed the hospital. I ordered no more admissions, and we moved everyone home we could and put them in isolation."

She goes on to say that at the time of the SARS outbreak China was very mum on what was happening unlike what has taken place during the Covid-19 outbreak. She does not  credit this to the good offices of the PRC government.

You can read about it here: https://www.tvo.org/article/lessons-from-sars-part-3-the-public-health-officer

The claim that she criticized the Federal Public Health in Feb or in any month I can't find any documentation on that either and not in this specific interview which now everyone here can read if they care too.

Have a good afternoon

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2020, 02:15:04 PM »

Keep digging Ol' Chap.
You may eventually discover what many of us know already...
Then again, perhaps not.
In your particular case, I don't much care.

Dr. Henry very much did have the luxury of coincidence and geography on her side.
But she used that to OUR advantage, played the game right, and as a consequence we are in a somewhat enviable position.

With Tam there is more liberal political agenda and less scientific data influencing her actions.
Most who don't wear your particular type pf partisan blinders get that. You... likely not.
I don't much care in your particular case once again.

Have an great afternoon yourself.

Robert_G

« Reply #550 on: April 29, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

Why would I respond to your pictures? Words are the currency on forums. That's why I come here instead of Instagram or Twitter or other social media sites. That's why I respect A-Boater, though I may not agree with him, because he takes the time to write his own thoughts in his own style. I want words. Words mean your brain is working and you've put some thought into what you're trying to say. I don't come here to see tired memes turned into low-effort shitposts.

(Check out the Wikipedia page for "shitpost" if you're not already familiar. It sits lower on the totem pole of trolling than "sealioning")

You just keep doing 180s. First you didn't like my words, now you don't like my memes....What you really don't like is the truth.....period...doesn't matter how it's brought to you.
Those were the first memes I've posted here in years....and I've tried 'words' with you.
And even so....you can fact check those memes I posted and they are all true (well the Simpson's one might be a bit much...but still true), but it doesn't matter with you.

It's so sad that people like yourself won't acknowledge the truth no matter how much factual evidence is presented to them. That's why lefties like yourself are called indoctrinated sheeple. For most of them...they're past the point of no return. There could be certain death coming your way, and if I warned you....you still wouldn't listen. It's so sad to see someone fallen that far.

Robert_G

« Reply #551 on: April 29, 2020, 02:30:34 PM »

Sorry buddy. Similar to what I said to Blood Orange.
It's not Derangement Syndrome when its the truth that can be accurately fact checked.....even you know that.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #552 on: April 29, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »

Sorry buddy. Similar to what I said to Blood Orange.
It's not Derangement Syndrome when its the truth that can be accurately fact checked.....even you know that.

i think it would great if you could supply some facts for all us simple sheep. dont tell us to look them up. you brought it to the table now prove it.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »

lol

love it

Robert_G

« Reply #554 on: April 29, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »

i think it would great if you could supply some facts for all us simple sheep. dont tell us to look them up. you brought it to the table now prove it.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the sky was blue. You already know those memes are truth. Stop wasting my time.