Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195866 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #526 on: April 28, 2020, 03:19:22 PM »

i cant get enough of these videos. it's like a bad car accident, it hurts to look, but you just can't turn away. feel sorry for their children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkBseVTUow&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2o2BO1VNCDdqjCCoEM1UBQEx5h8PONcbxSThnvyd5odC0paNXSWU1-Dys

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #527 on: April 28, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »

Thanks for the chuckle ;)

Robert_G

« Reply #528 on: April 28, 2020, 04:51:28 PM »

It feels good to see that the leader of the country, the provinces and territories and majority of the citizens are all on the same page working together to get us back on track.

Come on Rod...wake up

Lets start with his resume that no one seemed to care about when they elected this incompetent fool.

Next let's see what he does each day at work.

or wait....depends if he is at work

except when he's enjoying his weekend after telling the rest of us to stay home and not visit our families...but it's ok for him to visit his.

Time to get back to renovating his house....oh wait....who's going to pay for that?

But Trump is the real problem...let's talk about him

Oh wait.....that was about JT...not Trump.....whoops

Robert_G

« Reply #529 on: April 28, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »

Seems Robert had so many attacking him....kinda like he was pinned down and a squad was shooting at him. So......thought if I went around and threw a few sticks of dynamite !!!
Well when you said he was self righteous...and he wants to force his values on everyone ....just assumed you were talking about his true real living "faith in the Maker" ...faith that is special.

A-Boater....when the day comes that people stop mocking, ridiculing, and hating me for my beliefs......that is when I'll be upset and start to worry.

John 15:18
 “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me (Jesus) before it hated you.

When people hate Jesus who is absolutely perfect in every way and offers salvation to every human being for free....gave up His life on the cross and was raised from the dead so we could have eternal life.....you and I will definitely be hated by the same people for our beliefs.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #530 on: April 28, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »

Robert: we all know how to read, thanks. No need to go full-on picture book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcl_WYW8d0

"Are you really gonna read me every meme you've ever seen on 4chan?"

Robert_G

« Reply #531 on: April 28, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »

Robert: we all know how to read, thanks. No need to go full-on picture book.

"Are you really gonna read me every meme you've ever seen on 4chan?"

Never been to 4chan, but I've heard from education experts that when the people you are trying to explain simple things to don't understand them....sometimes pictures can help them see the reality of how things work.
Why critique me for posting memes.....when you should be debating whether the memes are true or not. You and I both know those memes are truth.....that is why you critique me for posting memes instead of debating the memes themselves.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #532 on: April 28, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »

A-Boater....when the day comes that people stop mocking, ridiculing, and hating me for my beliefs......that is when I'll be upset and start to worry.

John 15:18
 “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me (Jesus) before it hated you.

When people hate Jesus who is absolutely perfect in every way and offers salvation to every human being for free....gave up His life on the cross and was raised from the dead so we could have eternal life.....you and I will definitely be hated by the same people for our beliefs.

Well said.
While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.(Word)
In the sower and seed story the majority rejected The Lord for one reason or other...
But a % did reach out in prayer and got saved !!!
Every true believer at one time was spiritually blind but as that Hank Williams song goes: I seen the Light.
Honestly by faith I believe many on this site will come to a real walk with the Good Lord.
Sooner or later...sooner the better.  ;D
Never know when a person gets Covid 19 & kicks the bucket in 2-3 days time.
Imagine Jesus in His time of suffering "forgives and says they do not know what they are doing?"
Understanding and loving till His last breath.
So believers too must keep loving and forgiving...
Of course I pray to God in my own words but also in addition each night do pray the Lord's Prayer slowly.
That prayer is loaded with pts.
One is forgive me as I forgive others.....
Another is : deliver me from EVIL.
Evil of the demonic powers...from evil people...from earthquakes tornados floods so on...from sickness ..which includes cancers heart attack stroke ....and COVID 19 ....
Robert keep everyone on FWR in your prayers.
Happy to see FA post.
He has been vacant....when an active member doesn't post for a few days....ya get the thought gee hope he's ok...hope Covid 19 did not get him...
And Chris ...hope he's ok.
If you do not see my posts for two weeks I hope yous may be concerned on my safety... ;D
Now we have North Korea leader under much speculation....alive /dead/ heart attack/ or Covid 19 ...maybe he's 100% healthy but just decided to go underground for a few weeks ...
If he pops up soon and he's healthy guess he deserves a poo /cupcake stir stick too !!!
Put him on my list.
As long as he does not put me on his list  :o

arimaBOATER

« Reply #533 on: April 28, 2020, 07:10:52 PM »

i cant get enough of these videos. it's like a bad car accident, it hurts to look, but you just can't turn away. feel sorry for their children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkBseVTUow&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2o2BO1VNCDdqjCCoEM1UBQEx5h8PONcbxSThnvyd5odC0paNXSWU1-Dys
Half hour after this guy did the interview ....there was a "state alert "  300 patients escaped from mental/psychiatric hospital !!!!
Who are these folks.....

The guy who eats raw meat...raw eggs...911 was gov. planned....NASA did not land on moon....is extra nutty. He says ...cough in my face...he never washes his hands....
Hope he is not a short order cook ....or work in a food warehouse ...infact hope they lock this guy up at night. He's too nutty unbalanced to have any serious responsible job.
Maybe he can pick up needles & cig. butts and put in garbage can.

The only ones that made any sense were those republicans backing imperfect Pres. Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:15:43 PM by A-BOATER »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #534 on: April 28, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »

Why critique me for posting memes.....when you should be debating whether the memes are true or not. You and I both know those memes are truth.....that is why you critique me for posting memes instead of debating the memes themselves.

Why would I respond to your pictures? Words are the currency on forums. That's why I come here instead of Instagram or Twitter or other social media sites. That's why I respect A-Boater, though I may not agree with him, because he takes the time to write his own thoughts in his own style. I want words. Words mean your brain is working and you've put some thought into what you're trying to say. I don't come here to see tired memes turned into low-effort shitposts.

(Check out the Wikipedia page for "shitpost" if you're not already familiar. It sits lower on the totem pole of trolling than "sealioning")

arimaBOATER

« Reply #535 on: April 28, 2020, 10:30:51 PM »

Why would I respond to your pictures? Words are the currency on forums. That's why I come here instead of Instagram or Twitter or other social media sites. That's why I respect A-Boater, though I may not agree with him, because he takes the time to write his own thoughts in his own style. I want words. Words mean your brain is working and you've put some thought into what you're trying to say. I don't come here to see tired memes turned into low-effort shitposts.

(Check out the Wikipedia page for "shitpost" if you're not already familiar. It sits lower on the totem pole of trolling than "sealioning")
Blood_Orange do not forget a pic is worth 1000 words!
Not tech savvy enough to put memes /pics up but if I could think I'd be tempted to put up a few.
But thank you for the compliment.

I for one really like Robert_G posts. ( actually enjoy reading everyone's posts because it definitely is not sugar coated )

At the end of the day we all are entitled to our views...and we try to understand where each person is coming from.
Debating arguing discussing communicating is all good.
We try to get others to see our point of view...others try to have us see theirs.
Rodney and Nog said their pts quite well and at the end it ended well.

( they had their understanding of the minds on other page )
Oh ya before I forget ....in closing ya mention Blood_Orange that you "may" not agree with me....
Blood_Orange YOU agree with me. Look deeper in my eyes....as I swing this watch back and forth back and forth...your getting sleeeeeeepy sleeeeepy....
What's going on ...I'm getting tired myself.
Back fired. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #536 on: April 28, 2020, 11:13:26 PM »

Blood_Orange YOU agree with me. Look deeper in my eyes....as I swing this watch back and forth back and forth...your getting sleeeeeeepy sleeeeepy....
What's going on ...I'm getting tired myself.
Back fired. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Literally LOL'd :P What a character!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »

Rod: BC has done an excellent job. Full Credit to one Bonnie Henry.
Wish the fed's had listened to her back in January, but in their complete lack of wisdom, they chose the WHO instead.
That has proven to be a issue bordering on failure no matter how you look at it.
The graphics art designer is but rarely in the news any more.
The Tam woman has been wrong at every single juncture.
And your hero is so far out of his depth he has to keep in hiding before coming on stage (literally) to mumble a few platitudes each passing day.

Nog

I find this odd. I like many that as the face of the Province's response to crisis has done an exemplary job to date.

But what exactly did she say back in January that was so different than what is being done today and exactly why is Dr Tam being so excoriated by some people on the Right other than the obvious race and sex dog whistle issues? It seems to me that some of the more extreme reactions from the right to public intellectuals are directed to those who are non-white, female or both.

When the first Covid-19 case in BC were announced Dr Henry was quoted as saying:

- This person is currently doing well and does not need hospitalization,...This person was not symptomatic on his flight.

- there is no evidence that the virus spreads when a person is asymptomatic.

- That's reassuring to us and that's certainly in line with other coronavirus infections that we've seen in the past like SARS and MERS

- the high amount of travel between Metro Vancouver and China, the presumptive positive case didn't come as a surprise. This first case is not unexpected to us...

- This does not change what we are doing in British Columbia … I would have been surprised if we did not have one or two case

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-confirms-province-s-first-presumptive-positive-case-of-new-coronavirus-1.4786706

That article goes on to ,ist the usual bromides about hand washing etc...much the same today.

Feb 4th a second patient traveling from the Wuhan area is announced as presumptive. Dr Henry says:

- officials are following the protocols recommended by the World Health Organization. That means waiting until people stop exhibiting symptoms, and testing nasal swabs for the virus two times 24 hours apart.

the health emergency is still "very much focused on China," which is making a massive effort to contain the disease.

- The efforts that are being put in place to restrict and try and prevent transmission in China are more extensive than we've seen, ever...

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/second-presumptive-case-of-wuhan-coronavirus-identified-in-b-c-1.4796875

Feb 6th - third case announced in BC

Dr Henry:

- dismissed speculation that the B.C. woman could have been infected while her visitors were asymptomatic.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-has-identified-2-more-presumed-cases-of-novel-coronavirus-1.4800700
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »

But what exactly did she say back in January that was so different than what is being done today and exactly why is Dr Tam being so excoriated by some people on the Right other than the obvious race and sex dog whistle issues? It seems to me that some of the more extreme reactions from the right to public intellectuals are directed to those who are non-white, female or both.

You missed the part by Dr. Henry (who I happen to admire in her current role) wherein she advised the feds to start paying attention to pandemic protocols she established in her review of the SARS cases. In retrospect that was indeed a little later than January (my bad) but nonetheless DID occur. Convenient for you to somehow "miss", not so much for the feds when held to eventual account for that.

As for the WHO affiliated Dr. Tan:
No need to shut or restrict  borders - won't make a difference - OOPS shut the borders please.
No necessity to reduce flights or screen those coming in on them - OOPS, we will now screen those coming in on flights AND reduce their overall numbers from international destinations.
Masks don't make any difference, do not bother - OOPS please wear your masks, they help prevent the spread.
Gloves don't make a difference, don't bother - OOPS when used properly gloves help, please wear them.
Asymptomatic people simply can not infect others - OOPS Asymptomatic people are perhaps the greatest infectors.
And on and on and on...

That's called incompetence Ralphie Ol' Chap.
Nothing to do with one's race nor sex (although even you will likely admit that is exactly why Trudeau chose her for that position).
Nope, competence is competence.
Lack thereof is lack thereof, regardless just what you have dangling (or not) and what pigment your skin tone may be.
It is difficult for many to interpret her actions as anything but...

Nice try though...

Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2020, 11:08:17 AM »

Again many fallacies.

Immediately prior to being appointed to head  the Public Health Agency of Canada, she was the Deputy head of same. While she was educated in the UK she did her residency in Alberta and her fellowship at UBC.  Like you she first came to this country as part of her professional life and she has been considerably successful.

Her association with the World Health Organization is that she served on a variety of WHO committees related to her expertise.

The borders are not shut though travel has been restricted so that people can't cross for pleasure and non-essential business travel

Dr Tam has been interviewed recently and has been unequivocal that the virus was here before calls to restrict cross border travel became widespread and most of the spread has been internal or by Canadians who had traveled to countries that had serious outbreaks immediately after China such as Iran and Italy.

She has acknowledged that certain significant items were missed such as the degree to which people who are asymptomatic can spread the disease. Best advice is still that face masks provide little or no protection when worn by people who don't have the virus.

Of  course on most of these things Bonnie Henry has said the same things as Dr Tam and everyone of the Chief Public Health Officers of the others Provinces and Territories but you Cherry pick one instance where Henry may have said something a bit different - and I have yet to see what Dr Henry exactly said.

No doubt the WHO has many misses regarding the pandemic but it's power to much of anything is very limited in it's mandate. Many countries, such as Russia that ignored WHO recommendations and imposed wider restrictions have none the less experienced wide spread outbreaks in any event.

I didn't even address her association with WHO or her accepting many of their recommendations. Do you expect Canada had better intelligence on the ground in China than the WHO?

My statements regarding the race and sex issue was more related to the accusations he was "reading PRC talking points"  or the inflammatory questions by Conservative MP Drek Sloan asking if she worked for Canada or for China.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:14:33 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.