Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195854 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »

Actually seasonal flu vaccines are about 70% effective meaning people who get it do not get flu in any given year. That's consistent with my  experience having gotten the vaccine for 25+ years. I almost never get the flu.

There are a lot of new approaches to vaccines rather than the tried and true method of using dead or deactivated virus slices or sections to trip the production of anti-bodies. At least one provided DNA instruction to produce anti-bodies when live RNA is encountered.

However at best an effective vaccine isn't expected before late fall 2021.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »

I think people are frothing at the mouth with the thought they wont have compitition at their local fishing holes as a result of covid. 

Robert_G

« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »

Actually seasonal flu vaccines are about 70% effective meaning people who get it do not get flu in any given year. That's consistent with my  experience having gotten the vaccine for 25+ years. I almost never get the flu.

There are a lot of new approaches to vaccines rather than the tried and true method of using dead or deactivated virus slices or sections to trip the production of anti-bodies. At least one provided DNA instruction to produce anti-bodies when live RNA is encountered.

However at best an effective vaccine isn't expected before late fall 2021.

Stop watching CBC Ralph. Even these guys who are considered MSM say 29% last year.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/flu-vaccine-had-another-disappointing-year-will-this-year-be-different

When you actually get into the real science and factual information.....it goes WELL below that though.

Oh...and I've never had the flu shot and only once had a mild case of Influenza since I turned 16. That was many years ago.

Robert_G

« Reply #468 on: April 27, 2020, 01:32:39 PM »

I think people are frothing at the mouth with the thought they wont have compitition at their local fishing holes as a result of covid.

You aren't kidding. I can't wait to have those lakes to myself. In the past when I've fished hike in lakes that have basically zero pressure.....the fish are so dumb (not yet wised up to man's offerings) you could cast a floating shoelace and catch the trophy fish.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2020, 01:33:40 PM »

Stop watching CBC Ralph. Even these guys who are considered MSM say 29% last year.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/flu-vaccine-had-another-disappointing-year-will-this-year-be-different

When you actually get into the real science and factual information.....it goes WELL below that though.

Oh...and I've never had the flu shot and only once had a mild case of Influenza since I turned 16. That was many years ago.

The BC nurses union grieved making flu shots mandatory

stsfisher

« Reply #470 on: April 27, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »

And yet our useless PM insists and quote...."that things will NOT return to normal until a vaccination is found".

Do the math. It doesn't turn out in our favor. There is no vaccination, nor will there be one that is any better than a seasonal flu shot (15% success rate on a good year).
Commie Trudeau and his cronies have NO intentions of EVER letting us go back to the level of freedom we once had. Only the sheep are too naïve to see the truth.

Well the math would say 15 percent of the world population of approx 7.6 billion is approx 1140000000 so probably worth coming up with a vaccination and using that as a good bench mark for a new normal.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #471 on: April 27, 2020, 01:40:12 PM »

Well the math would say 15 percent of the world population of approx 7.6 billion is approx 1140000000 so probably worth coming up with a vaccination and using that as a good bench mark for a new normal.

I agree this whole thing has me looking at getting the flu shot annually. 30-70% is better then 0%

Robert_G

« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321207#side-effects

and quote "Side effects of flu shots
The flu vaccine cannot cause flu because it is made with inactivated (“dead”) or weakened viruses, which are not infectious, or with synthetic, lab-made variants of the flu virus.
However, a flu shot may cause slight flu-like symptoms that can last for a few days, such as:
mild fever
a headache
muscle aches"

Ummmmmm……..I won't get the flu, but I will get a few days of flu like symptoms?????? Baaahhhhh…...go sheep go.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2020, 01:48:03 PM »

LOL!! Somehow we doubt you have a good understanding what science actually is.

Robert_G

« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »

What is in a flu shot and quote from those who approve of the flu shot"

2. Formaldehyde
"Formaldehyde is toxic and potentially lethal in high doses. However, it is present in such small amounts in a flu vaccination that it is harmless."

So let me get this straight...they admit it's toxic and potentially lethal in high doses, but it's ALSO harmless at the same time....Sorry....common sense red flag is kicking in again.

What else? and quote"
4. Thimerosal

"Thimerosal is made of an organic form of mercury known as ethylmercury, a safe compound that usually only stays in the blood for a few days.
It is different from the standard mercury that can cause illness in large doses, and from the mercury found in seafood (called methylmercury), which can stay in the body for years."

Okay....it usually stays in the blood for a few days???? What happens to those that it doesn't. It matters not. It's is highly debatable by experts on both sides that mercury from vaccinations does not leave the bloodstream just like eating fish that are high in mercury does not leave the bloodstream. Only a blood transfusion from someone who is lower in mercury build up can reduce the mercury in a person.

There is a reason the agenda wants people to pump this crap into their system....and the outcome is not pretty.

There is other fun stuff too in these vaccinations.....but those 2 say enough for me to bow out.....thanks but no thanks.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2020, 03:01:57 PM »

Here's Why Herd Immunity Won't Save Us From The COVID-19 Pandemic

The sad fact is that herd immunity just isn't a solution to our pandemic woes. Yes, it may eventually happen anyway, but hoping that it will save us all is just not realistic. The time to discuss herd immunity is when we have a vaccine developed, and not one second earlier, because at that point we will be able to really stop the epidemic in its tracks.

Until we have a vaccine, anyone talking about herd immunity as a preventative strategy for COVID-19 is simply wrong. Fortunately, there are other ways of preventing infections from spreading, which all boil down to avoiding people who are sick.

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-herd-immunity-will-not-save-us-from-the-covid-19-pandemic

Robert_G

« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2020, 03:22:41 PM »

Here's Why Herd Immunity Won't Save Us From The COVID-19 Pandemic

The sad fact is that herd immunity just isn't a solution to our pandemic woes. Yes, it may eventually happen anyway, but hoping that it will save us all is just not realistic. The time to discuss herd immunity is when we have a vaccine developed, and not one second earlier, because at that point we will be able to really stop the epidemic in its tracks.

Until we have a vaccine, anyone talking about herd immunity as a preventative strategy for COVID-19 is simply wrong. Fortunately, there are other ways of preventing infections from spreading, which all boil down to avoiding people who are sick.

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-herd-immunity-will-not-save-us-from-the-covid-19-pandemic

I read the article. You're comparing apples to oranges.
The article is talking about the Mumps vaccine which is over 96% effective. I fully support the Mumps vaccine and that should show everyone here that I'm not part of the anti-vax crowd.

However, even the most 'progressive experts' say that there very well may NEVER be a vaccine that effective for Covid-19...or even remotely close for that matter. In fact, many of them argue there won't even be one that is as effective as the flu shot. Herd immunity isn't something I'd rely on either, but I've said it before, when you take out the people who were already 6 weeks away from death anyway....Covid-19 fatality rate is lower than what would require a this level of worldwide shutdown of life.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »

'WHO should never again have authority over a pandemic,'

U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to halt funding to the World Health Organization has been met with widespread fury and condemnation. But even people who have denounced Trump's decision are asking pointed questions about how the WHO has responded to COVID-19.

Among them is Amir Attaran, a professor in the Faculties of Law and School of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Ottawa. He says Trump is using the organization as a scapegoat to distract attention from his own failures — but the WHO should never be allowed to handle a pandemic again.

He also says that Canada is one of the worst developed nations in the world when it comes to collecting and sharing public health data, and it will seriously hamper our ability to restart the economy, following the pandemic.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thesundayedition/the-sunday-edition-for-april-26-2020-1.5536429/who-should-never-again-have-authority-over-a-pandemic-says-law-and-public-health-professor-1.5540895

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2020, 03:33:34 PM »

And yet our useless PM insists and quote...."that things will NOT return to normal until a vaccination is found".

Do the math. It doesn't turn out in our favor. There is no vaccination, nor will there be one that is any better than a seasonal flu shot (15% success rate on a good year).
Commie Trudeau and his cronies have NO intentions of EVER letting us go back to the level of freedom we once had. Only the sheep are too naïve to see the truth.

lets stop for a moment and say andrew scheer won the election. you really think anything would be different? no it wouldn't. conservatives run ontario. how are they doing? save the trudeau bashing for when he actually deserves it. at least trudeau didn't tell everyone to inject disinfectant or that some magical light would cure the virus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalDN6iGYpE

in fact i am liking doug ford more and more. at least he has the balls to call the protesters what they really are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokFfm2vVhU

Robert_G

« Reply #479 on: April 27, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

lets stop for a moment and say andrew scheer won the election. you really think anything would be different? no it wouldn't. conservatives run ontario. how are they doing? save the trudeau bashing for when he actually deserves it. at least trudeau didn't tell everyone to inject disinfectant or that some magical light would cure the virus.

You do realize that Trudeau has full control over the Canadian Media?
Let's see, we'd have no carbon tax which just the other day there was an independent article that proved that the carbon tax has not helped remove any amount of emissions at all.
The conservatives don't write blank checks to Terrorist countries.
In fact Andrew Sheer just demanded that Trudeau stop sending financial aid to China....JT ignored him of course.
I could go on forever...and I'm not saying the conservatives would solve all the problems, but you really can't compare them to the liberals....you just can't.