Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195867 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2020, 11:32:45 AM »

Carona Virus Clues:

The possibility that the coronavirus spreads in a mostly stealthy mode among a population of largely young, healthy people showing no symptoms could have major implications...

Sweeping testing of the entire crew of the coronavirus-stricken U.S. aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt may have revealed a clue about the pandemic: The majority of the positive cases so far are among sailors who are asymptomatic, officials say.

Roughly 60 percent of the over 600 sailors who tested positive so far have not shown symptoms of COVID-19, the potentially lethal respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, the Navy says.

“With regard to COVID-19, we’re learning that stealth in the form of asymptomatic transmission is this adversary’s secret power,”

“It has revealed a new dynamic of this virus: that it can be carried by normal, healthy people who have no idea whatsoever that they are carrying it,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-military-sympt-idUSKCN21Y2GB

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2020, 05:01:51 PM »

There appears to be a huge elephant in the room regarding public health measures and next steps; specifically the impact of diet and metabolic health on corona risks and severity of outcome.  I don't understand why this is not being talked about in the media or by our health care professionals. 

This is summed up nicely in the following:

Dr Aseem Malhotra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ7A1Nqca64

https://www.europeanscientist.com/en/article-of-the-week/covid-19-and-the-elephant-in-the-room/

Dr Paul Mason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUdD8odrdc

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:04:35 PM by Knnn »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2020, 09:23:38 PM »

There appears to be a huge elephant in the room regarding public health measures and next steps; specifically the impact of diet and metabolic health on corona risks and severity of outcome.  I don't understand why this is not being talked about in the media or by our health care professionals. 

Dr Aseem Malhotra:

https://www.europeanscientist.com/en/article-of-the-week/covid-19-and-the-elephant-in-the-room/

Dr Paul Mason:

Guess the gov. worldwide are still in panic mode..and have too much to deal with at the moment... Infections isolation deaths and what is the future ???
They are just trying to get us to wash hands sanitize hands keep 6ft apart and isolate.
Get local exercise and get good sleep.
But totally agree they should go the extra mile and share nutrition info that may help our bodies fight off this virus should we become infected.
Vit C  Vit D  ...get good gut bacteria built up.....eat less sugar...zinc is good so I heard...
Ya we should be eating healthy ...chicken soup loaded with vegs. onions garlic black pepper ...so forth.
But the medical field is not so much on nutrition...as prevention or have strong body to help yourself get well faster when you get sick.
They are more of ...you are sick....take this pill to get better.
Only in this case of corvid 19 no pill is to be had.
Link Rodney put up shows very few cases in northern BC .
Less people less spread.
There are countries still that have zero cases....so I heard.
Pacific islands area is one for sure.
Sailboats you are not welcome.
And Nogs post tells of 360 of the 600 sailors that tested positive had no symptoms ...how scary is that.
At some point they are infectious ...unknowingly infecting other.
Here Joe finish my pudding I'm full.
Hands over the bowl...with spoon.
Joe eats it up fast having a sweet tooth he does.

Gov. says to go out in your neighbourhood and walk bike jog ...well did that today and see a van in a parking lot. On side of van is a picture of a big pipe wrench and the word written CORONA .
Must be Corona plumbing I assume.
But ya eye catching word.
In all this people dying ...everything shut down ...the crazy ness ....I forgot all about it for a few minutes.
The awe of seeing this huge mature bald eagle sitting on the top of the roof  ( 3rd story ) of a townhouse and it just gazed towards the western dyke as people walked by.
Sometimes a crow and sea gull buzzed by it but the eagle did not seem rattled one bit.
Nice to forget about Covid 19 for a few minutes.
Thank you Mr. Eagle.
Guess a fish at the end of your fishing line would do the same.  :)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:44:57 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2020, 04:02:14 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZBOwMHte4
Guess Evangelist Copeland still has lots of air left.
Going camping and ya need an air pump to blow up air mattress.
Rev. Copeland is coming ...he'll blow them up in record time.  ;D

The link was quite entertaining and funny.
From Copeland's mannerisms/ facial expressions to the guy who puts music to it.

Well maybe it's too soon....
I mean we just do not put an apple pie in the oven close the oven door and then 1 minute later ...open the door and take the pie out.
The pie dough and apples will still be uncooked.
Leave the pie in the oven baking for awhile....

So....maybe Rev Copeland prayer will kill that virus ...just give it time.  ;D
Like a week.
Let's see if the virus is gone..."va moose so" ( broken Italian ) but.....
this Rev. Copeland is a fishy / tricky guy ...got 700 million so anything he does I am weary of.

But do not brush every preacher/priest with the same brush.
The Holy Spirit exists...there have been times in my life that I have encountered God in a powerful way...and yes in the spiritual warfare have felt the presence of the demonic on a number of occasions.
In short had encounter with God in Williams Lake with God 1973.
Very powerful.
Was at a meeting at the Pacific Coliseum where Kathryn Kuleman spoke.
The place was filled ! She has those 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians ch 12.
( the occult Deuteronomy ch 18:10-12 is of devil...psychics mediums ouija boards tarot cards sleep paralysis ufos / aliens ....haunted houses etc are all demonic manifestations )
So anything supernatural it's of God or the devil.
RW Schambuch was good preacher...Reinhard Bonnke John Hagee...wonderful preachers of God.
Fr Goring is good...
All of the above have YT vids.. Explained in one post about that extra powerful presence of God in one church service ...in the 7 yrs I attended ( New Westminster BC)

Just saying these examples because Rev Copeland gives the impression it's all a circus act  ;D
But believe me God and the devil is real ...felt both their presence so it's fact/serious.

But gee this Rev Copeland looks a bit creepy and scary ...those eyes ...stares Ha!

If you want to see some unexplained mind blowing meetings ...check out Kenneth E Hagin church service / camp meeting.
Everything looks normal...and there are vids of this guy preaching good messages...but some vids it shows the power of God annoiting coming into the service and the people look drunk ..others looked like they are holding a live wire !!! Jumping about.

Acts ch 2 when the Holy Spirit came on the believers the on looking crowd concluded they were drunk !!!
Then they said but it's too early in the day for them to be drunk ... ;D

Funny world we live in. But ya God is God and if just  .000000000001 % of His power touches a person in a worship meeting guess the human body just cannot act normal. ( Kenneth Hagin church service.YT vid) That service in New Westminster that happened just 1 time was a bit like a Kenneth Hagin service on youtube ...but not quite as wild looking.

Story of Jesus in the boat and a big storm is happening ...
Apostles scared they would drown ...they said to Jesus Don 't You care?
Jesus rebuked the storm and the rain/wind stopped!!!
So...prayers do help.
But Copeland behaviour looks scary to me  ;D

Would that be something if next week the virus disappears! Where'd it go???

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:15:06 AM by A-BOATER »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2020, 07:57:36 AM »

A Friend of mine who has had weight problems - maybe 15 years ago he was 5 ft 10 and weighed 330lbs, now he is around 235 - told me about the documented link between obesity and severe Covid-19 and it has him concerned.

However he told me about this close to 2 months ago so I don't think it's hidden news or an elephant in the room

Like me he is in his 60s. Many people become moderately obese as they enter their 6th and 7th decades of life so there may be a link between age, body mass and COVID-19 as well as heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease and the host of conditions associated with aging.

Dr Aseem Malhotra:

Dr Paul Mason:

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2020, 08:34:10 AM »

Like Ted Haggard?

I was referring to former US Republican Senator Larry Craig who was arrested for lewdness in a public washroom.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »

I was referring to former US Republican Senator Larry Craig who was arrested for lewdness in a public washroom.

No shortage of that hypocrisy among opponents of equality.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2020, 11:31:14 AM »

No shortage of that hypocrisy among opponents of equality.

You can include priests who molest boys and what's worst is the coverup by the churches.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »

You can include priests who molest boys and what's worst is the coverup by the churches.
Your so right.
Priests who did this and the church to cover it up !!!!
Hopefully the church is correcting this ...but there will be priests who say they love God with their lips but inside they love their sin.
Sheep clothing but wolve inside.
There was a case in Australia Hillsong Church think it was...but the past senior pastor sexually abused a boy.
My first Christian friend who he himself was a Bible school student ...at one point in our friendship started hitting on me !!!
Found out he was gay. I told him about Romans ch 1 .
But he tried to dance around it.
No way I'm going to kiss that guy.
His faith seemed genuine at times but I guess his weakness was in that area.
Left that friendship as hey ..felt like a piece of meat....
Left him in God's Hands.
But hey ...in the past it was worse ...in the church ...in mental hospitals people were electric shocked..patients many times raped by staff. In juvenile corrections in the past...kids were whipped...sexually abused...punched...
Today it's still happening but not covered up if it's found out.
Dentists fondling patient...doctors lusting towards teen girls....( one famous case was that gymnist doctor in the states ) female teachers in public schools caught with male or female students....pubs have guys spiking drinks ...girls pass out...raped for hrs...and sex trafficing is very big problem.
But it is always worse when a pastor /priest does it.
Stories of priests in S America abusing nuns !!!
Well the Word says the morality will get like when Noah's Day when he lived.
In other words more and more evil happening.

Who knows maybe this virus is part of the curse because of our world's evil ways ?
Well I 'd blame the devil more than God  ;D

Covid 19
But heard on the news the Port Moody boat launch is open again but launching by appt. only. Hey it's great weather to go boating crabbing fishing...

What's the name of the Dr on BC news...Dr Bonnie Henry or something....
She honestly is doing such so good job.
Daily having to address this neg. subject...and long talks interviews...she does it with a freshness.
Most would look burnt out or depressed if they had her position.
Wonder if stats are factual in death count?
What is it now...113,000 dead.
Maybe much more as China are hiding the true stats...most believe. Boooooooooooooooo !
Well stay safe...be defensive ..wash hands etc...you know the drill.
Do not decide to say...enough of this ...I'm going out where ever ...I'm not going to wash my hands ...
....ya just may increase the odds 10 fold to catch it or it ( virus ) catches you  :o

800 dead in 24 hrs UK !

Music special on tv...at 8pm Sat today/tonight.
Various artists.
Rumour has it Rolling Stones will perform as well.
Virus has stopped their Vancouver concert.
How can such a LITTLE invisible "thing" create BIG problems.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:53:48 PM by A-BOATER »

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2020, 06:35:32 PM »

Would that be something if next week the virus disappears! Where'd it go???
......................trump's lungs hopefully....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

arimaBOATER

« Reply #447 on: April 19, 2020, 09:51:26 AM »

......................trump's lungs hopefully....
When M Romney was quarantined on the possibly he got the virus a reporter mentioned it to Trump...
Pres. Trump responded "Romney might have the virus ...gee that's too bad...." But said in the tone of voice "Oh good".  He and Romney are not in good terms though they both are Republicans.
Trump said Romney lost the election because he had "no energy". Too laid back....Romney did spend big $$$$$ of his own during his attempt. Lost the election...and millions of his own $$$ OUCH !

Talking about where's the virus go ? Posts have been way down !!!
Hope the virus did not suddenly kill off FWR members....virus in lungs "not hopefully".
Car 54 where are you ?  ;D
Submarine FA.
FA brought up catholic priests....yes there are some bad apples out there.
In times of trouble like 9-11 people started flocking into churches to pray...
With this Covid 19 crisis people would be piling into churches again like they did with 9-11 BUT the part of the solution is social distancing and isolation so this time people can't do that.
Drive in churches have openned up.
You know like those drive in movie theatres ...people just stay in their cars...even cars I suppose have to be spaced out ..not side by side. Car distancing.

But a dif. stroke for dif. folk...many like the traditional services ...liturgy sing hymns sermon announcements...some like the Catholic mass type...some the southern baptist type quartets ...
Some like nice orderly ...some like more lively....services.
Bottom line there is no Protestant or catholic Jesus in the KJV or whatever translation.
Ya do not even have to go to church...pray at home.
But yes some priests and pastors are sheep on outside and wolves on the inside ...(FA post) so if you ever attend a church watch the pastor closely...if he truly loves The Lord the fruit of the Holy Spirit will be in his life.  Love joy peace... A good pastor /priest is moral...he leads his flock closer to God but does not DRIVE or FORCE them . A good pastor / priest does not act like he owns your wallet.
God only wants a cheerful willing giver not a pressured giver.
I 'm more on the Pentacostal side but not the wild weird type...people can have the Holy Spirit present without handing rattle snakes to each other or acting weird.
In fact a service should as the Word says "be done in decency and in order." 1 Corinthians 14:40.
In other words not done like a out of control stampede of buffaloes or horses. 

Free tv concert last night was quite good.
My favourite was the Stones song: "ya can't always get what ya want song."
Very fitting....guess a girl turned down Mick's advances ...so he wrote that song !!!!  Rumour has it.....

99 yr old war vet. did laps with his walker...hoping to raise $1000.00 .
30 million dollars plus.....later in donations !!!

Think when the BC Lions and Canucks lace on their skates and people can actually go to restaurants theatres social gatherings, mall shopping...barber hair cut....nails / hair styled ...and fishing camp etc all will be well.
Can't come soon enough.
Find a cure someone.
Heard the virus hates sunlight !!! Hot sunny days then bring the care beds outside ...if on wheels.
Even 30 mins. Might dis infect everything naturally...put masks outside in sun...turn over mask in 15 minutes....
When BC Lions play "someone" will be more happier.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:33:15 PM by A-BOATER »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #448 on: April 19, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »

Talking about where's the virus go ? Posts have been way down !!!
Hope the virus did not suddenly kill off FWR members....virus in lungs "not hopefully".

Reminds me of years ago in the Opinion section of the Vernon Morning Star paper. Two guys went back and forth in the letters section over their different interpretations of the bible. Two guys, dozens of letters, spanned weeks. It shut down all other discourse in the letters to the editor section. Eventually the editor of the paper wrote a statement on the Opinion page to the effect of "some people will never agree and we'll have to live with it" and that he would no longer run letters from those two guys.

I guess there comes a point when people start to give up. I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine. Rather talk about fishing :P

Went down to a small urban creek today. Took a 10-second video that had two lamprey, a salmon smolt, and a sculpin in the same frame. Also found a chunk of a Coke bottle from the early 1900s, an intact Crush bottle from the 70s, and an intact Coke bottle probably from the 70s. Low water right now, all kinds of old garbage to discover :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #449 on: April 19, 2020, 08:47:19 PM »

Reminds me of years ago in the Opinion section of the Vernon Morning Star paper. Two guys went back and forth in the letters section over their different interpretations of the bible. Two guys, dozens of letters, spanned weeks. It shut down all other discourse in the letters to the editor section. Eventually the editor of the paper wrote a statement on the Opinion page to the effect of "some people will never agree and we'll have to live with it" and that he would no longer run letters from those two guys.

I guess there comes a point when people start to give up. I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine. Rather talk about fishing :P

Went down to a small urban creek today. Took a 10-second video that had two lamprey, a salmon smolt, and a sculpin in the same frame. Also found a chunk of a Coke bottle from the early 1900s, an intact Crush bottle from the 70s, and an intact Coke bottle probably from the 70s. Low water right now, all kinds of old garbage to discover :D
Blood_Orange so true what you stated.
Me I've had my say.
I 'm willing to talk on this trend COVID 19 only ...and how it affects our lives including fishing.
But some people post and take a shot at priests or whatever...so ya who is going to reply....me.
Of course bad priests is wrong ...but if left like that it leaves the impression sexual misconduct is only in the church....no way ...it is all over...school system ...business....sex trafficking...medical field on and on...

Tell ya one thing there was at least 8-9 vehicle /boat trailers parked at launch in Steveston.
Plus many boats going down /up river to Captain Cove ..marina / boat launch there too.
Imagine most were heading out to Sandheads to fish.
Local guys /girls going boating as long as they practise social distancing....at the dock /launch should pose no problem.
Cheap fuel nowadays.
Had a long pedal bike ride along Fraser then prairie zig zag roads and made my way to #5 rd to Williams Rd and then all the way to west Richmond.
But did come across a sign by City of Richmond which said : keep distance 1.5 meters away from other person.  Other city signs say : 2 metres or 6ft .
Maybe an old sign ...the update is now 2 metres of course.

That's cool to find ..old bottles...seeing marine life in creek...
Yrs ago worked at a psychaitric group home / house attendant...activity wkr. near Clarke /Commercial
Italian district....but on down time went to a park not far from false creek ...in side bushy areas people dug big holes to find old bottles.
One time city dump.
So I went there dug around the side of a big hole ( looked like a bomb exploded there type of hole ) and found all sorts of bottles.
I have a light blue colored Milk of Magnesia bottle with a date engraved in the bottle ...think it says 1905 or something like that.
If no one brings up religion or attack faith then I will not respond  ;)
Of course I welcome the subject...my 2 close friends are the missionary types ...bible thumpers ...but share not arm twist guys.
But yes I am willing to keep this trend on track....
.....ya wonder if this Covid 19 crisis had anything to do with the guy flipping out back east and go on a shooting rampage.
Some people are losing it.
Recently 3 RCMP cars and ambulance were at our street..hope the stress did not cause whatever that went down there.
Some are calling Covid 19 the new normal ....like it is here  to stay.
Hope that is not the case.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:01:50 PM by A-BOATER »