Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195854 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #420 on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:38 PM »

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

Due diligence from an individual is an always

Opening up business again will be at the discretion of state governors

thats why trump had to back off on his word is final speal. the constitution is very clear on this issue. even some republicans and fox news host stated how he was wrong and that doesn't happen often.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:20:03 PM by bigblockfox »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #421 on: April 16, 2020, 07:37:23 PM »

Ahhh... Chatting about Pierre's Idiot Child again I see...

BC Stats:
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a6f23959a8b14bfa989e3cda29297ded
Nog

Still bitter about the election results I see despite your best efforts.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #422 on: April 16, 2020, 07:39:53 PM »

the funny part is you conservatives still couldnt beat trudeau even after all the bs and scandals hes had.

So true. If they can't beat him with all the scandals surrounding the party, they never will.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #423 on: April 16, 2020, 08:04:00 PM »

Some people may blame Scheer on the conservative election loss. If they had another candidate they say they might’ve won. What if it wasn’t Scheer? Conservatives were fixed on the economy and, they were definitely not for any more of a progressive agenda.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew-scheer-conservative-party-wherry-1.5394020

Black fox I agree with you on mass testing, we need literally hundreds of millions of tests just for Canada itself. But what I’m reading is a regular cold can test positive for covid regarding with exosomes. This individual tested 3 times. Twice negative and once positive
https://people.com/theater/nick-cordero-fighting-for-his-life-coronavirus-condition-got-very-bad/

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #424 on: April 16, 2020, 08:42:55 PM »

i think a lot of strategic voting happened in our last election. trudeau was not well liked but people really didn't trust scheer. jagmeet really suffered as a consequence even though i thought he had some decent policies to bring to the table. the only party that really won that night was the bloc quebecois.

at the end of the day i disagree with scheer and harper on policies but i believe they are decent people with morals that would follow the law and canadian constitution. i personally wouldn't vote for them but i believe both could and can run a country with out me having to constantly worry about their every little move. trump on the other hand is a proven con artist, scammer, criminal with no morals. i am actually really shocked that christians have swallowed their beliefs just to back this president. hes not a christian. he just pretends to be to get that block of voters which is quite large in the states. they will put up with trumps bs just to get a few supreme court nominees and overturn roe vs wade which is the goal.

trump wants to reopen the economy asap because thats all hes got. what most people dont understand is the economy was building good steam under obama before trump even took office. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/02/13/6-reasons-trump-did-not-inherit-a-mess-from-obama/#1428305b75ef

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #426 on: April 16, 2020, 09:06:26 PM »

True, if Trump gets re elected (postpone election in my mind) he’ll put another conservative judge in. Who knows how long some aging judges have left ex.Ruth Ginsburg, all respects.
Even with another right wing judge I do doubt they’ll turn roe vs. Wade over, the media will go insane and progressives will riot no doubt.
We’ll see Trump does consistently hold a 90% approval amongst republicans

Obama did not hesitate when it came to the oil and gas sector, pushing USA as the #1 producer in the world, and economy flourished
Canada still gets oil from saudis, while rejecting notably teck frontier and East pipeline routes missing out on billions of government tax revenue.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #427 on: April 17, 2020, 07:41:26 AM »

He must be well in his 80s ...how much air does he have left?

LOL! Good one AB.

Some of the sex driven old guys are capable of more than they appear.

Comments like that from me aren't to be taken literally...just like the story of the immaculate conception.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #428 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »

i agree, this is going to be a long messy recovery. i also worry about inflation. when trillions of $$ get pump into an economy it can have unwanted consequences.

You should worry more about deflation. That's the bigger risk. It causes the bigger economic losses and makes recessions last linger. The depressions of the 1930s and the 1890s included periods of deflation.

Interest rates have remained at such historic lows since 2008 there is little room left to use rate changes to stimulate the economy. Governments will be in a pickle when times comes to get things moving. Infra structure and other stimulus will likely be the route to go. Either they will have to print it (inflationary risk) or get it from China and the Russian mob like they did in 2009.

What's your choice?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #429 on: April 17, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »

i think a lot of strategic voting happened in our last election. trudeau was not well liked but people really didn't trust scheer. jagmeet really suffered as a consequence even though i thought he had some decent policies to bring to the table. the only party that really won that night was the bloc quebecois.

there was a lot of strategic voting in 2015 and 2010. Many in 2010 many voted for Harper because they disliked Ignatieff.  In 2015 the situation was reversed. Canadians are apt to vote strategically. There are relatively adept are playing the game of the FPTP system though they often end up with a dis-likable majority. In the US, voters don't have this worry.

Based on the limited field of candidates running to replace Scheer, the Conservatives chances don't look that good. It took Harper years. a couple of major Liberal missteps and scandals and 3 tries to get a majority.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #430 on: April 17, 2020, 09:38:05 AM »

LOL! Good one AB.

Some of the sex driven old guys are capable of more than they appear.

Comments like that from me aren't to be taken literally...just like the story of the immaculate conception.
Guys in their 70s 80s 90s ....age wise were born in an time where girls dresses were down to their knees.
Us guys born in the 1950s the girls /teens / ladies wore mini skirts / bikinis ..as we grew up...
Rolling Stones had an album with a zipper... Sticky Fingers name of album or whatever....Like extra crazy times.
So evangelist Copeland raised in an era of girls with long dresses....for the last 60 years has had his eyes popping out of his head...
Remember going golfing with a bunch of Christian guys and on return ( piled together in one car. )
Two nice girls are along the highway...in Surrey and to my surprise these guys start whistling !!!
I gave these guys heck.
Like some were married even.
But guys boys will be boys  Christian or otherwise.
But if people are really led by the Holy Spirit at that moment there's no way married Christian guys should be flirting. Where there's spark...it just could turn into fire !!! Bakker / Swaggert etc many others found that out ...live and learn.

As far as Trudeau winning and he had his scandals....where he should have been wiped out.
Bottom line Scheer would not be in a Pride Parade and is against abortion.
The general public saw that as much worse than Trudeau's mistakes.

If Canada had more Christians than non believers...he would of won by a landslide.
History shows Barabus (sp)  was let go and Jesus the people yelled crucify him !!!
People in Canada yelled crucify Scheer ....let Trudeau go....vote for him !!!
Guess the Conservatives will have to be less conservative and get a leader who will go in Pride Parades and say abortion is ok. ( to hell with what God thinks....we run things down here )

Gee so many good posts ...sure cannot comment on them all.
But ya  Russia is being hit hard now...
Many well known people getting it.
I bought some Vit D yesterday in bottle ...well anything that may help to try to build up body defenses why not ?  Eating oranges...sauerkraut...daily ( Vit C check and sauerkraut Bick brand check good gut bacteria...now Vit D check ...good for respiratory )
Not a preventive but maybe it will help body to get better if ....should get Covid 19.
Only $9 .
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:30:36 AM by A-BOATER »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #431 on: April 17, 2020, 10:34:33 AM »

You should worry more about deflation. That's the bigger risk. It causes the bigger economic losses and makes recessions last linger. The depressions of the 1930s and the 1890s included periods of deflation.

Interest rates have remained at such historic lows since 2008 there is little room left to use rate changes to stimulate the economy. Governments will be in a pickle when times comes to get things moving. Infra structure and other stimulus will likely be the route to go. Either they will have to print it (inflationary risk) or get it from China and the Russian mob like they did in 2009.

What's your choice?

yes that too. negative interest rates for people would definitely be bad. can't imagine having to pay $ just to store $ in a bank. if that happens im sure cryptocurrency will sky rocket. then governments will have a real hard time securing funds. 

i was talking about everyday items we purchase like groceries and what not when i mentioned inflation.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #432 on: April 17, 2020, 10:40:45 AM »

i was listening to noam chomsky on democracy now and he talked about third world counties dealing with this virus like india and palestine where human conditions arent the best at the best of times. i enjoy listening to him speak. smart man.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #433 on: April 17, 2020, 10:51:44 AM »

deflation means a drop in prices not negative interest rates. What's bad about deflation people can't count on getting back the cost of the goods and services they provide. On thing that happened in the depression is that people and organizations that held cash tended to hoard it because it's value would increase overtime plus there was a lack of reliable investments. Much the same thing happened after the crash of Fall 2008 when many corporation held huge amounts of cash and cash like investments rather than investing them in business expansion.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #434 on: April 17, 2020, 11:21:52 AM »

deflation means a drop in prices not negative interest rates. What's bad about deflation people can't count on getting back the cost of the goods and services they provide. On thing that happened in the depression is that people and organizations that held cash tended to hoard it because it's value would increase overtime plus there was a lack of reliable investments. Much the same thing happened after the crash of Fall 2008 when many corporation held huge amounts of cash and cash like investments rather than investing them in business expansion.
Having coffee in am and watched Christian tv Jim Bakker ( no do not agree with everything the way he does things ) but they cover the Covid 19 everyday ( as well as the daily 700 Club USA version )
But today on this Jim Bakker for the first time it was written across the screen.
Pay by CASH or CHEQUE only ???
( not credit card ??? )
Unreal.
They are driven by product selling ...solar generators ....emergency food ( lasts for 30 yrs ) ...water filters...99.999% get water out of pond ditch lake ...
Even one water filter 99.999% and even takes out radiation !!! Good for Japan.
But only take CASH and CHEQUE ...never seen that before .

Know we are in unique times ....litre of gas at one pt 89.9 cents a litre in Vancouver area ...even 59.9 cents in Alberta and no one blinks an eye ....like not one Yippie gas is cheap !!!
Cheap gas and no one cares ...this is serious times.