Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195839 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2020, 06:03:25 AM »

The mayor of a remote village off British Columbia’s central coast says he’s living proof that someone has ignored the warnings of the province’s health authorities and brought the novel coronavirus to the secluded island.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/i-never-left-the-island-b-c-mayor-says-traveller-brought-covid-19-to-remote-alert-bay-1.4895693

Nog

I have no time for small town mayors complaining about tourists. Did it ever occur to this man that the virus may have been brought back to the community by a community member ?. I say we should ban small town people who have a hate on for "City Folk" from big city hospitals. See how they like being treated like an outcast in thei own province.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2020, 09:38:27 AM »

... I say we should ban small town people who have a hate on for "City Folk" from big city hospitals.

These times certainly bring out The Best in some people... NOT!   :(

Nog

nevertoolate

« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:02 AM »

This is the Province of B.C. Angling Update as related to Covid 19 (which is the actual topic of this thread.)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

arimaBOATER

« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2020, 10:05:13 AM »

follow up video to the one i posted earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoNP9QWr4Y
Wow does this doctor make so many points.
Book could be written just on what he stated. 20 chapters.
Oh great he thinks major new viruses are going to hit the world every few years.
Time to invest in sanitizer and mask companies.
He states the masks the general public uses in Korea plus hand washing and social distancing is the way to go !
He did touch on the med report that came from Australia about vet med to kill worms in animals as wishy washy ....( I commented the doctor on cbn did think it may be the wonder drug...in trial right now but in this vid this dr. says "no" ....hopefully he does not know a lot about results and he just wants us to be more patient till more studies are done on it )
But Canada has even low supply of masks for it's medical workers...so that's why we the public are not wearing them. Low supply...like sanitizer...toilet paper....
He states that Covid 19 is so so catchy.
He also states it is one of the most sly tricky viruses.
So just great.
He expects major new viruses to hit us every few yrs....
He has no idea if and when this Covid 19 slows or increases in the spread.

With that in mind should future air travel ....boat cruises ....start to be limited as a norm
If we just keep having planes fly all over when a new virus hits....it's spread already before action is taken.
Prevention and limit international flights all the time ...now of course it's being done but should be limited always. ( new viruses he says will be the norm )
Time to build a log cabin in the deep wilderness and take you chances being attacked by some large animal !!! Or wild human who comes across your path  :o

Trend topic has mutated....for the better....me thinks...look at the number of views.
Title of this trend has the word Covid 19 right?
So how off topic did this trend really go.
It has mainly talked on Covid 19.
This is a problem that yes affects sports fishing but also every thing we do.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:13:06 AM by A-BOATER »

nevertoolate

« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2020, 10:15:20 AM »

rather than mutating the topic, I would prefer that a new thread was started for all these discussions and let this one be about fishing opportunities in these difficult times.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2020, 10:39:45 AM »

Canadian police are to begin visiting homes to enforce the government’s COVID-19 quarantine, the RCMP said on Friday, warning that “recklessly” failing to comply could result in a $1-million fine and three years in prison.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6804626/coronavirus-police-verifying-quarantine-order/

arimaBOATER

« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »

rather than mutating the topic, I would prefer that a new thread was started for all these discussions and let this one be about fishing opportunities in these difficult times.
27 pages later ...
CohoJake  has a winning topic...keep it going...as soon as it just limits it to "fishing and Covid" it will stay on page 27 for a loooooong time.
Keep it on both...fishing and Covid and the latest on Covid ...page 28....page 29.. Page 30.... runaway posts....like the virus itself.
But ya do have a pt....well taken.
But this Covid is nothing we seen before ...new ..so ya this trend has broaden but still the core is Covid affecting fishing and our life.
Think it's ok.
Maybe CohoJake  can start a new topic: Will Covid 19 shut down fishing opportunities 2 ( please only keep comments on Covid as it affects sports fishing.)

Penalty powers by police...guy would have to sell their house to pay $1 million dollar fine.  :o
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:33:18 PM by A-BOATER »

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »

Message to U.S. Citizens in Canada: Domestic Travel Restrictions within Canada

April 15, 2020 

Event: COVID-19 Updates and Summary of Domestic Travel Restrictions within Canada 

Information:  

In addition to restrictions on non-essential travel between the United States and Canada, a number of provinces and territories have put in place specific restrictions for travel across their borders, including for domestic travelers.  The information and links below provide information about recent restrictions.  This information is accurate as of April 15, please check the links for information prior to any planned travel. 

Canada (nation-wide measures):  As of April 15, “travelers returning to Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic must have a credible quarantine plan before they enter the country.”  The order strengthens the Quarantine Act and gives authorities expanded abilities to screen travelers’ quarantine plan.  If the plan is deemed inadequate, travelers may be denied entry or be required to quarantine in a hotel. 

Alberta:No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

British Columbia:No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

Manitoba:No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions, but the Manitoba government has established highway checkpoints to help inform travelers about the public health measures in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.  Public health officials recommend “anyone who returns from international or domestic travel should self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days following their return.” 

New Brunswick:“New Brunswick implemented restrictions for all travelers who are arriving from outside the province. This includes interprovincial/territorial and international travel. At this time exemptions are being made for certain individuals, but this is subject to change.” 

Newfoundland and Labrador: “Travelers arriving to Newfoundland and Labrador from outside the province are required to self-isolate for 14 days, including those arriving from other provinces and territories in Canada.” 

Nova Scotia:Only visitors providing essential services will be admitted to Nova Scotia.  All workers, including temporary foreign workers, admitted into the province must self-isolate for 14 days.

Ontario:  No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

Prince Edward Island:  Anyone coming into Prince Edward Island must self-isolate for 14 days following all out of province travel, including within Canada and the United States.” 

Quebec:”Service de police de la Ville de Gatineau (SPVG) officers are being deployed to strategic entry points to restrict travel to only essential purposes.” 

Saskatchewan:  No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

Northwest Territories:  Travelers must “self-isolate and complete the approved self-isolation plan” for 14 days after arriving in the NWT. 

Nunavut: “Only Nunavut residents and critical workers will be allowed into the territory. Residents will have to provide proof of residency to be allowed to fly into Nunavut.  Prior to boarding a plane into the territory, residents will undergo a mandatory 14-day isolation period in either Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton or Yellowknife.” 

Yukon:  “All visitors to the territory are required to self-isolate for 14 days. This includes anyone returning home from other provinces and territories by road or air, as well as Yukoners returning home by road from Alaska.” 

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »

Wow does this doctor make so many points.
Book could be written just on what he stated. 20 chapters.
Oh great he thinks major new viruses are going to hit the world every few years.
Time to invest in sanitizer and mask companies.
He states the masks the general public uses in Korea plus hand washing and social distancing is the way to go !
He did touch on the med report that came from Australia about vet med to kill worms in animals as wishy washy ....( I commented the doctor on cbn did think it may be the wonder drug...in trial right now but in this vid this dr. says "no" ....hopefully he does not know a lot about results and he just wants us to be more patient till more studies are done on it )
But Canada has even low supply of masks for it's medical workers...so that's why we the public are not wearing them. Low supply...like sanitizer...toilet paper....
He states that Covid 19 is so so catchy.
He also states it is one of the most sly tricky viruses.
So just great.
He expects major new viruses to hit us every few yrs....
He has no idea if and when this Covid 19 slows or increases in the spread.

With that in mind should future air travel ....boat cruises ....start to be limited as a norm
If we just keep having planes fly all over when a new virus hits....it's spread already before action is taken.
Prevention and limit international flights all the time ...now of course it's being done but should be limited always. ( new viruses he says will be the norm )
Time to build a log cabin in the deep wilderness and take you chances being attacked by some large animal !!! Or wild human who comes across your path  :o

Trend topic has mutated....for the better....me thinks...look at the number of views.
Title of this trend has the word Covid 19 right?
So how off topic did this trend really go.
It has mainly talked on Covid 19.
This is a problem that yes affects sports fishing but also every thing we do.

by far the most informative information i can find. i know its long and in a different language but people need to watch it. we need to hear more from doctors and less from politicians.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #399 on: April 15, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcajDiGAq0 😆

See what happens when you don't listen to a make belief character instead of science?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2020, 02:48:30 PM »

See what happens when you don't listen to a make belief character instead of science?

Stupid people thinking that God will protect him.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »

Just got back from the outside for some exercise.
Sooooo nice out there.
Science and logic points to a " higher power. "
Plus millions lawyers surgeons doctors dentists scientists nasa professors....higher learning are believers in God.
But Yes I've met very unwise pastors/Christians ...that make me shake my head.
This virus kills ...this virus does not care if it's a believer or a non believers.
The crazy pastors in some area passes rattle snakes...about...
Quoting some verse no deadly thing will harm you ( paraphrase )
Ya but lots of these pastors died too!
This pastor thinking he 's extra special is so unwise. Surprised he did not die in the ocean a long time ago....thinking he could walk on water...
Or why use the bridge...just walk across the canyon ...maybe he thinks he can fly.
Science says this virus has these characteristics ...so mr wise miss wise take caution.
The only thing he said right was he fears not death....ya he's in heaven right now so his unwise thinking did get him into heaven sooner...so he 's better off anyways.  ;D

4x4

« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2020, 04:38:02 PM »

Stupid people thinking that God will protect him.

😂👍

arimaBOATER

« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2020, 04:46:27 PM »

😂👍
Could not agree more. Met many unwise Christians. ( met many unwise non believers too  ;D)

That's why I keep my trust in God and not people or pastors. My faith is in GOD not people.

God gives us a brain ...1 plus 1 is 2. 
Virus is catchy infectious so masks distance wash/sanitize hands. Only a nutty pastor thinks like this guy.

99% of pastors have shut down their church etc???but these other 1% pastors have zero wisdom.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:48:43 PM by A-BOATER »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2020, 09:05:57 PM »

Maybe Kenneth Copeland didn't blow hard enough... Or maybe he blew too hard. 🤷🏻‍♂️