Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195854 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »

no i agree, he is a greedy clown but unfortunately people still follow him. people like him make your beliefs look bad. guys like him need to be exposed for the frauds they are.

fisherforever

« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2020, 10:53:18 AM »

Please STOP with the religion crap, THIS IS A FISHING WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »

blah, blah, blah blah blah

As bad as Kenneth is, if ur that blind and choose to follow that instead of common sense, I don't feel sorry that ur willingly giving your money away. Good for him, taking advantage of a farce!

Christians have created more grieves than goods since the beginning of time unfortunately.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2020, 10:59:21 AM »

Maybe people can donate to my church and I'll sweep the virus away

arimaBOATER

« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »

Please STOP with the religion crap, THIS IS A FISHING WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a fishing website your right.
But Covid 19 has affected sports fishing.
And with covid 19 ....the bad example preachers ( Copeland ) are getting media time and trying to look good by their lofty prayers against covid 19.

So in this broad ripple effect ...anything to do with Covid 19 ....is going to get comments.
I like the fact these greedy preachers are getting bad press.

They are very bad examples....but hopefully and it will ....this trend will mainly talk on Covid 19 ...
It's surely changing by the minute hour day and deserves attend.
It also gives FWR a place to vent our feelings.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »

It also gives FWR a place to vent our feelings.

I think this point is very important right now.  I frequent 2 other fishing forums and you get to "know" others by their writing.
It's surprising to me the difference in posters attitudes and opinions, and how they have changed in a month.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2020, 11:42:57 AM »

Maybe people can donate to my church and I'll sweep the virus away

I am smart enough NOT to donate to your church  ;D
Chris I know will not either!
Nor will any FWR member.  ;D

Dave " right on ! "

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2020, 11:51:02 AM »

I think this point is very important right now.  I frequent 2 other fishing forums and you get to "know" others by their writing.
It's surprising to me the difference in posters attitudes and opinions, and how they have changed in a month.

I agree. The neighbourhood I live in has a Facebook page and there has been a lot of conflict, shaming etc. and has caused the poor moderator a real headache.

So far there has been a lot of tolerance on this site as far as opinions go and I think that's a good thing in these times.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »

Fishforever this section is called general discussion. Just sayin.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2020, 12:33:31 PM »

i honestly think things here have been rather civil. besides robert and ralph having a minor spat its been fine.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2020, 12:35:38 PM »

The mayor of a remote village off British Columbia’s central coast says he’s living proof that someone has ignored the warnings of the province’s health authorities and brought the novel coronavirus to the secluded island.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/i-never-left-the-island-b-c-mayor-says-traveller-brought-covid-19-to-remote-alert-bay-1.4895693

Nog

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »

how do they know its not an essential service personal that brought, or a truck driver and so on. just because you never leave the island does not mean you cant contract the virus. apparently young people cant have it and show no symptoms.

i understand some are still travelling back and forth and should not at this time but until its proven how he got it, its all hearsay.

i was suppose to go up to mcneil to do some prawning with a friend of mine this weekend but have put that off for another time because i respect what the medical community are saying.

Robert_G

« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2020, 03:03:29 PM »

people like him make your beliefs look bad. guys like him need to be exposed for the frauds they are.

I agree and disagree. No one can make my beliefs look bad. My beliefs are rooted in biblical truth...God's word is unchangeable and is perfectly good. But for people who aren't grounded in God's Word, these types of people can put a damper on their opinions and perspective of what true Christianity really is.
As for exposing these types as fraud....that responsibility does go to true Christians because it is God's Word that is the tool used to expose them to everyone else as the frauds they are.

but unfortunately people still follow him.

The reason people follow these guys in the first place is because they are NOT grounded in God's Word. Same reason that all unbelievers follow Satan. If you know God's Word inside and out, you will not fall for the traps that the devil puts out for you....and make no mistake, the devil has put out traps for everyone every day....and that includes for Christians too.

As bad as Kenneth is, if ur that blind and choose to follow that instead of common sense, I don't feel sorry that ur willingly giving your money away. Good for him, taking advantage of a farce!

People who use Christianity as a means to wealth and self gain will face some of the highest level of punishment on judgement day.

Christians have created more grieves than goods since the beginning of time unfortunately.

Most (but not all) of the grieves you are probably referring to weren't actually created by true Christians. With that said, I think it's unfair to put Christians on a pedestal. We are broken hurting human beings like everyone else. Everyone needs Jesus....plain and simple. Christians still sin too, so it's hard when people are watching and waiting for us to make mistakes so they can show and tell the world how bad they witnessed a Christian(s) acting. Christians will sin and occasionally show behaviour that doesn't line up with our beliefs. Believe it or not, any Christian who truly follows God knows how bad they need Jesus for them to truly live and survive in this fallen world. We as Christians don't showcase ourselves as these perfect people who have everything together, and the ones that do......well.....there is an answer for that too.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2020, 03:24:58 PM »

I agree. The neighbourhood I live in has a Facebook page and there has been a lot of conflict, shaming etc. and has caused the poor moderator a real headache.

So far there has been a lot of tolerance on this site as far as opinions go and I think that's a good thing in these times.
Right on !
Thumbs up to ibilly and bigblockfox too.
But 99.999% of the time I just respond to what someone brought up ...example today Rev Copland.
Yes wanted to add in he is in error for being greedy selfish non caring ...
He must know getting greedy rich thru donations is a bad example to non believers ...to conclude it's just a money racket.
He likes his riches more than caring it will be a major stumbling block to others. >:(

I'm trying to figure out how that fish ( Nog) moves it's tail...blinks an eye ...even the fin moves.....after getting solving that then I should be ready to find a vaccine ....

Seen today on the 700 Club 1 hr version ...a Dr. said there is a study going on right now that looks really really promising.
Sick people responded very well to it and recovered from Covid 19.
It's a drug in good supply and every country has it in stock. Vets use it on horses dogs livestock ( animals ) to rid them of intestinal worms.
The drug has anti viral properties as well.
Guess in the testing they are giving it to older people who are dying....and if a big % improve  then the docs know they are on to something !!!
But this doctor today sounded really hopeful. Even the tone of his voice had that positive sound to it.

Notice Robert_G has posted as I'm about to push the post button.
( read his post and it is very well said and could not agree more....
In fact Rev Copeland is a believer but he's in error in getting super rich. Judgement starts with Christians first. When Inside Edition surprised him with an interview as he got into a vehicle ...he wax asked about his private jet ...riches...oh he got angry...then he tells the lady interviewer she had nice color eyes ...he grabs her hand and kisses it ....WTH !!! Flirtation !!! On tv to boot !!!
Bet his wife heard about it...and guess he had another intense interview ...but conducted by his wife.  ;D)
But honestly getting back to the virus ....hopefully this vet drug works out to be the help the very sick need !!!

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2020, 07:58:13 PM »

follow up video to the one i posted earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoNP9QWr4Y