Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195859 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #360 on: April 11, 2020, 12:44:07 PM »

Some chocolate company is donating a lot to the skid row area.
Chocolate sits in mouth/throat...sugar ....
Kinda like lowers their body defences even lower.
( skid row people are unhealthy as it is without....here's chocolate.
Donate oranges or bananas or garlic...)
Then a few days ago seen some promo of native kids with mouth organs....
Mouth organs??? Are they being told ...do not let your friend or br or sis use it.
Well going for bike ride and know a lot of side roads.
Away from people.
EDIT IN: I see my post started a new page. Recommend go back to page 24 as recent posts made also today.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:46:39 PM by A-BOATER »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #361 on: April 11, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »

LOTS of hate of social media these days. Seems to be the rest of the province vs the Fraser Valley City Slickers. I'm reading reports of locals trying to chase people off lakes. Its brutal out there.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2020, 10:43:51 AM »

This is an interesting read. Failure to act quickly and decisively has cost lives in Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-canada-federal-response-1.5529263

arimaBOATER

« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »

This is an interesting read. Failure to act quickly and decisively has cost lives in Canada.

Totally agree.
Dr Tam in this article says in January that Canada will get cases but it will be rare.
Very famous last wordswords. "It will be rare "
That senior facility in Seattle had the virus ..and it started to spread in Washington State...but 1000s & 1000s of BC shoppers were still going there to shop !!!
Planes coming in from various countries....
A virus that shows no symptoms for even 2-3 weeks.
Ticking time bomb.
Stories....47 yr old grocery wkr dead.
25 yr old pharmacy tech. dead.
London woman 36 yr old dead.
UK 22 yr old dead .
31 yr old woman no known underlying health conditions dead
Infant in Illinois dead
17yr old Orleans dead.
46 yr old dead California
Family in Utah 5 members ...daughter and her sister dead.
girls basketball coach 42 yrs old dead.
Priest NYC 49 yr old dead
42 yr old hospital tech. dead
France 16 yr old girl
600 care homes infected in Canada....
One senior care home in Quebec had staff not show up ( maybe no masks ?) ...only 5 workers braved it....31 seniors dead.
 No water...poo in bed...no food ...5 died from Covid ...others died because of zero care !!!
Big investigation....
Canada did not react quickly enough at the beginning.
These above examples of young people dying below 60 yrs old is just a tip of the iceberg.
Wash your hands.....sanitizer...isolate....kept social distancing...6 ft apart....keep hands away from face mouth eyes  :o

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:04:44 PM by A-BOATER »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »

In hindsight it's clear but in the beginning it would have been crazy to propose shutting everything down. I wouldn't have supported closures back in either Jan or Feb. Would anybody here have?

I only jumped on the closures bandwagon in the second week of March. I remember the timing because of some family plans that we cancelled. It felt a little cautious cancelling the plans at the time but looks completely reasonable in retrospect.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20. Had the government imposed a shutdown back in January without knowing the full extent of this virus, there will be people and holier than thou journalists would accuse the government of over-reaction

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2020, 02:17:14 PM »

Long weekend actions will define B.C.'s COVID-19 trajectory, says top doctor as deaths climb by 3

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-health-officials-provide-weekend-covid-19-update-1.5529885

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20. Had the government imposed a shutdown back in January without knowing the full extent of this virus, there will be people and holier than thou journalists would accuse the government of over-reaction

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/closing-border-sooner-buy-in-1.5528515

"Slowly, you have to change people's thinking ... that takes time. It takes evidence. You have to prove to people that it's serious." (Canada Health official)

Revelations being unearthed daily, that Trudeau's team sprang into action with the speed of molasses. So a Canada Health sycophant and the CBC team up to save our dear leader. The truth, it seems, is that it was all our fault. Our minds needed changing before we would respond adequately.

Well, that certainly describes the actions of Trudeau's team of experts. Their minds changed every other day.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #368 on: April 12, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »

The traveller was in China ( Wuhan area I believe ) ..he flew back to a Washington State.
Deemed healthy as he felt good and no symptoms.
He went to that senior care facility to visit.
(If I recall)
Well he must of went to many other places too....mall food store theatre ? gas station friends...spread virus....unknowingly...still no signs of symptoms ....other infected people feel ok and social....run away compound interest.
Everyday in discussion for 2/3 wks ...I'd be a broken record sharing with those in our home as we watched the tv news.... " come on Trudeau close the border to the public! Why are planes coming from China still ? Stop those planes. "
Then it finally happened.  >:(
Quebec has been hit the hardest it seems.
If ya feel a twang gargle original Listerine quick.
If ya see 3-4 enemy soldiers....drop the nuke. (Just kidding).

There is a semi driver on youtube I check out sometimes. Yesterday a vid requested prayers from viewers . Drivers mother has Covid -19 and is "fighting for her life"

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2020, 11:36:42 AM »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2020, 12:16:18 PM »

On news it shows a guy spitting on elevator buttons !!!
What a goof...a) camera in elevators daaaaaaa
                    b) why?
The human race !!!
Guess this guy would not get back on the rocket to return to earth.
His raw unrefined thinking is rockets come and go like the city buses. What a VIP he is.

His lawyer says he's sorry.
Gee after he got caught..."I'm sorry"
Honestly some law must of been broken and a big fine or even a week in jail.
Singapore has laws against throwing your gum away etc....
If there is no law against this ...broad law so it covers lots of crazy actions like this...then make some.
Crap like this...if I ever lived in a high rise ( once did) I'd have gloves if using elevator.

In the many high rises it must be un nerving to use elevators these days....sneezing coughing ...Covid 19 .
And now virus is getting into the correction system ...gee whizz ...
Boooooooooooooo!

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2020, 01:13:27 PM »

In the many high rises it must be un nerving to use elevators these days....sneezing coughing ...Covid 19 .

I live in a low-rise condo and figure my highest risk activity is using the elevator. I use my keys to press the buttons but there have got to be plenty of germs floating around in that enclosed space. The cleaning staff do a good job and residents wait until the elevator is empty before entering but still... if I get sick, it'll be the elevator that got me 8)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

Some days it really does feel like Canada has farmed out its entire health policy during this COVID-19 crisis to the World Health Organization.

From the early days, answers to questions on testing, on the spread of the virus, on approving treatments or even rapid testing, have been to cite what the WHO recommends.

That is nothing short of a dereliction of duty by Canada’s top health officials...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-government-needs-to-stop-taking-covid-orders-from-who

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2020, 09:56:30 AM »

were saved. kenneth copeland blew the virus away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkyDS5ULts

arimaBOATER

« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »

Bet the cons and scam artists are thinking if ways to get rich on Covid -19 spread.
Fake hand sanitizer...or products with false claims...or give to this charity to help the victims in need ...

One lady who returned from Italy to the USA when the virus was just starting to get bad...started not to feel well before she travelled.
She saw a doctor before she left and he assured her it was not Covid 19 but a slight cold.
But symptoms started ....head pounding...ears throbbing....throat on fire...body aches....chills...fever 100.2....lost of hearing in left ear...then both ears...phlegm building in back of throat...loss of smell and taste...
She got the test urged by her family members as some are in the medical field. Yep it showed she is positive !!!
That means she was on the plane....in airports ...wherever....breathing about amongst the public...and who knows how many stores etc she went into...
She still is in isolation at her home and feels better so her body has fought it well.
She is just waiting to get neg. tests so she can go out in public again.

But symptoms after getting this virus may start in 2-3 days or in 14 days !!!
Some say even 21 days.

Hulk Hogan the most famous pro wrestler in history ? Or is it Ric Flair most famous? I do not know.
But Hogan is stirring the pot by saying God started this plague because the world by in large has given Him the finger kinda idea. He says Matthew 24 backs his claim. "Pestilences"
He's definitely a Bible Thumper a religious fanatic  ::)
All I know is hopefully we can soon body slam this virus for the count of 3 and get a victory.

In the mean time wash your hands wash your hands sanitize your hands sanitize your hands before going into store and afterwords...gargle original Listerine before going in and after...

Oh the trucker whom I view on youtube sometimes....
Today's vid loaded : my mom has died !
In a week it took the mom's life.
Over 60 yrs old ...overweight...( doctors are saying older / overweight people are at more risk to die)

Plus guys and dolls eat complex vit C ( from foods ... Not vit. pills ) and foods that build up good bacteria in your gut ( intestines ) ...eat fermented foods. ( like Bicks sauerkraut...one forkful daily even should do the trick )
Stay healthy folks.
Actually this virus is just not going away anytime soon.
Hopefully a vaccine can be found sooner than later.
Looking outside and it's so sunny but it feels like a cloudy day. World upside down.
A little tiny weeny thing that's invisible creating such havoc !
I say we should nuke it !!! Declare war !!
Gee ....where will it all end?
Should the USA military personnel weakened drastically ...60-70% of them get sick ???ya just hope some other country will not try to take advantage and start a war.
Time will tell.

Rev. Copeland in a big % of the Christian faith circles is regarded as "greedy" and a bad example. ( notice a post has been loaded up on him )
There is a lot of these : prosperity preachers ...who claim Gods Christians to be rich !!!

Well listen there are lots of Christians who have successful companies and the owners are super rich !!
That's the democratic way ! Work hard and get $$$.

But preachers get donations and God's $$$ should not be hogged but be put to good purposes. Rich preachers SHAME ON YOU.

Like spread the Word...crusades ..missionary work...medical food shelter in poor areas ...water wells ..so on. Take it in and give it out to help....

But these guys like Rev Copeland ...700 million in bank or whatever...very bad example to all.
No justification for it.

But for every bad example thank God there is so much good being done too by other sincere Christians.
Orphanages etc...help for so many ...woman centres ..( abused spouses or sex trafficked victims drug addicts ....)
If Mr Copeland wanted to be rich he should of went off and went into business ...but not get rich by donations.
So ya bash him and preachers like him but do not throw every Christian outfit under the bus...many walk the talk.  :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:45:50 AM by A-BOATER »